Sehwag & Dhoni camps at loggerheads

Andy

Controversy yet again returns to haunt team India. Amit Mishra's exclusion from the playing XI has raised eyebrows among certain factions within the team. TIMES NOW learns about the growing divide within the team. Sources said that dropping Mishra from the playing XI has revealed the groupism within the team. Dhoni leads the camp on one side, and vice-captain Virender Sehwag on the other side. All the Delhi players including Gambhir, Ishant and Mishra back Sehwag while there seems to be growing tension within the team, as Dhoni's side of the camp seems to be struggling off late which included Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh and Pragyan Ojha who was included in the sqaud in the last minute. Adding fuel to the theory of course was Ishant's post-day press briefing where he thanked Sehwag for his inclusion in the 1st Test. Earlier in the Sri Lanka series, Ishant had lost his place in the side. . http://www.timesnow.tv/Sehwag--Dhoni-camps-at-loggerheads/articleshow/4337040.cms

We need wkt taking spinners in test, I doubt Bhajji and Ojha are one unless the pitch is an absolute turner A leggie like Mishra is going to bowl quite a few bad balls but in b/w he is going to bowl some wkt taking balls as well no matter how the surface is. And that's what you play a bowler for in tests, i.e. for the ability to bowl wkt taking balls Bhajji and Ojha appear more like restrictive option, who try to hold one end up and if there is something in the wkt for them then make use of that. Ideally, you don't want two such spinners in the playing 11. And none, if you are playing only one spinner I am afraid to say that Dhoni has got it wrong. Hopefully with the wkt breaking up later on, these two will be able to redeem themselves somewhat

It may seem absurd' date=' but there could be some truth to it. I have no doubt Sehwag would back the Delhi players if he was captain and Dhoni always backs Yuvi, Bhaji and Ojha, its true.[/quote'] Or may be the news has been cleverly cooked at a time when it would look somewhat credible. Dhoni comes back to seemingly contradict Sehwag's 'ordinary' statement and drops Mishra. What better time to spread a rumor?

Yet another case of sensationalizing news by crappy channels like Times Now, Star News and Aaj Tak by throwing in words like groupism and region-based division. Utter non-sense. As much as I respect the newspaper (TOI), the channel is a stark contrast. All Dhoni and Sehwag must have had is a healthy discussion on who deserves the spot in the team more.

come on.. mishra wasn't impressive at all in last test match.. he keep getting wicket cos of some idiotic shots of bangbros..
Defending leg spin is not that easy for tailenders . Hence the hitting. Look at how tailenders survived today. In the era where every team struggles to get through tail it is imperative to have someone who can create chances when tail is batting. They even countered Murali better and Mendis better. They are somewhat okay batsmen against spin.

Any cricket is news,i think the indian media are deperate for a scandal ...so will make a mountain out of a molehill or insinuate to get any story...come on guys you have to realise its the pakis that are alwazs in one mess or the other which by the way thanks we appreciate it as we love having a good laugh!:haha: The indian team i feel are as united and as happy as any indian team has been in years..i mean were number one we have some of our all time greats in the team... The media should be careful as the team has already taken a united stand against the media before and will do again if felt there being unfairly treated!!

This news is Bakwas... Sehwag is a team man and will never do such thing... although I do agree that Mishra actually looks like a wicket-taking bowler... 100 times more than Ojha and 1000 times more than Bhajji... Mishra was flighting and turning more than Bhajji and Ojha together... and TBH, Ojha doesn't impress me a little bit... Mishra deserves to be in the team..