Ordinary or not? You decide

King

A specific thread to discuss "How mediocre our BangBros are?" and its over 2 pages. lol. @ teacup, over the period of the last 4 years there is no doubt Bangladesh have shown signs of improvement, but so have the other Test Nations, most of them have progressed well (barring the likes of Pakistan, WI, NZ). Bangles can always upset you in a T20 or an ODI, they have some good cowlashers, but when it comes to the real deal ie 5 day version, they would be lucky to even draw let alone a win against the Big Boys (India, Oz, SA.)

The Bangers bowled with real fire...Batted with aggression. Did any of us expect this kind of a fight ? ... True we got em 2-0, but they've something to be proud of too...we did not walk all over them by any standards... This Bang team can be a real handful in the 2011 world cup... if they can get someone decent in instead of Assraful..

Oh' date=' so I am confused? Sehwag says "Bangladesh is an ordinary side. They can't take 20 wickets" but I should take it as "They can't win". Why didn't he just say that then? Does that mean that a side that is competitive but has no results to show is ordinary? They may not be a good side but I don't agree you can use both the adjectives, ordinary and competitive, to describe a team and make sense.[/quote'] Yeah right, the worst test side in the world for the last decade is called competitive for a couple of sessions and that is simply not ordinary, how cool is that ? There is absolutely no ordinary team in the game of cricket when talking of the 5 day format.
From 219-2 to 300 odd all out - no way they are ordinary but extraordinary I was glad to see the captain ( bangla ) being frank abt it in the end and said will try their best in NZ
from 291/3 to 312 all out. Implosion of padosi proportions! The kaptaan is a 22-yr old bachcha. Hope they get their regular captain for NZ series.
from 291/3 to 312 all out. Implosion of padosi proportions! The kaptaan is a 22-yr old bachcha. Hope they get their regular captain for NZ series.
Their regular captains says he doesn't want to be captain for the NZ seres as he is not going to play the test match. Oh and they are off to NZ tomorrow night- on the last day after a test match. No wonder they were in a hurry to finish the testa day early , rush home and pack their bags:P
Ok' date=' so he did say "They can't win" but to repeat what I had said in the same post that you chose to quote, they were competitive in one of the two matches we played against them - by no means an ordinary effort considering that they were playing against the No.1 team, which by the way happens to be the question of this thread. Sehwag's lack of civility (not my words but cricinfo's) was astounding but what is more baffling is the lack of sense shown by forum members in defending the indefensible.
Cricinfo? :hysterical: who cares what an idiot writes in CI? They are no Neville Cardus , just some Bachchas who are paid to follow a great game free of cost with all perks! they dont even enjoy the credibility Wisden used to enjoy till a few years back. Sehwag does not have to please BD press or cricketers.He was asked a question. he answered it as honestly as he could.He was very correct in judging them as an ordinary attack.with out the moisture in the pitch and overcast conditions, there was no way they could have bundled us for 240 in a test. the second innings 8 wickets, especially when indian batsmen were under orders to score quickly is not at all an achievement. if u saw how Zaheer went and hammer and tongs in the brief while he was there could have given you the clear picture. if there is some one defending the indefensible here, it is you, defending the Extra Ordinary BD Bowling attack! OMG the cricketing world is scared to death thinking about their bowlers....Dream on!