Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

What the hell was he thinking there are so many cameras around the ground and he is the captain of the team' date=' so they are constantly following his every move, of course he is going to get caught. I can't believe he tried to do it, but also that he made it so bloody obvious. [b']Perhaps he should go get some tips off the English.
Nah that wouldn't have worked, none of the Pakistani players daddies is a match referee

Some other Epic stuff which might go unnoticed from last night's game It was an epic game by all means because of the activites which took place. Howeever, those who didn't watch it, they might just have heard about the ball tempering issue along with 5-0 Zaid Hamid esque wash given to pakistan by Australia. But other then that some other strange things took place. --- WACA security folkz coiuldn't stop a gay from the crowd who found his old mate pakistani fielder Khalid Latif and went to him and started making love with him on the field. -------Rashid Latif's trend was continued by new wicket keeper Sarfaraz Ahmed. Ball had hit Husseys pad clearly and went to the keeper, but before even going into Sarfaraz's gloves, ball had taken a hit on the ground, a massve hit.. and the guy holds on to it after first bounce and appeals for it.. First it was pad, and then bounce but Mustafa Sarfaraz appealed for it. herez the khalid latif video [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_lCzY3hmQ0]YouTube- Khalid Latif caught by aussie gay.wmv[/ame] -----Shahid Afridi, who captained pakistan yesterday in place of Yosuf, didn't turn up in match presentation. Instead, Yousuf was forced to speak in the presentation ceremony by his team mates. Afridid, the captain should have clearly been there in the presentation. -

- Security should never have let him through so easily, but gooses will be gooses. - Didn't see it - I think it would of been to avoid the awkwardness of the conversation. Taylor would of had to of asked something about Afridi ball tampering, but then the interview could of gone wrong.. So I reckon maybe it was channel 9 along with Pakistan that wanted MoYo to come up.

You know whats the most funny part is? that a former Pak captain actually led his side to forfeit a test match and end the career of an umpire because they were falsely accused of ball tampering. It was made that the whole honor of Pak as a country was tarnished because they were falsely accused Now that someone actually admits to ball-tampering, suddenly its no big deal and can happen with anyone and should be forgotten. Hair must be splitting his side laughing at the ICC jokers
Very good point, My two cents! But trying to analyze these people rationally is futile...I mean an international cricket captain actually eating a cricket ball in front of 25 cameras...the WTF moment of WTF moments!
Sriram' date=' I made the same point on the thread a bit earlier. In ICC-speak, blatant cheating carries the same tariff as failing to keep up with the over rate. With a constitution like that, is there any wonder that cricket has become a laughing stock?[b'] Tell me, which other bunch of administrators would have let the game be taken over by a small cartel of businessmen based in Gujarat and ruthlessly milked for their own selfish ends. But who listens to us? We are just small time fans moaning on a website. Cricinfo, which is read by millions of readers, will be largely silent on this issue. It doesn't suit them to upset the applecart, antagonise the millions of Afridi fans (that's all Pakistani fans) and lose readership in the process. Cricket has become a gravy train, where all parties have a silent quid pro quo with other vested interests- you scratch my back and I'll overlook the occasional indiscretion.
You are somehow giving the vibe that it is OK for the game to be run by old farts at Lords sipping their tea, but when gujrati businessmen do the same, it is not. Years of racism (umpiring/refreeing especially) against the subcontinental teams can't be overlooked just because the people doing it were Oxford educated. :giggle:
Sriram' date=' I made the same point on the thread a bit earlier. In ICC-speak, blatant cheating carries the same tariff as failing to keep up with the over rate. .[/quote'] Even worse, blatant cheating and not having the right logo on your bat or clothing carries the same punishment. Australia will not kick a fuss about this episode because they anyway whitewashed the Pakis. So it doesn't make a difference to them It will make it al the more easier for ICC to push this under the carpet and carry on. With Sharad Pawar becoming the ICC president next year, it will absolutely become like Indian Politics as you say, youw atch my back and I will watch your back. Nobody gives a flying ***k about the game anymore.
but then ofcourse they didnt do anything about the ABC reporter who got hold of Afridi .... this sorta things are all passe four beloved neighbours .... battle scars that are supposed to be flaunted .... you have no idea :--D
It's different to channel 9. It wasn't in the middle of a presentation. For the ABC it would of been perfect.
Sriram, I made the same point on the thread a bit earlier. In ICC-speak, blatant cheating carries the same tariff as failing to keep up with the over rate. With a constitution like that, is there any wonder that cricket has become a laughing stock? Tell me, which other bunch of administrators would have let the game be taken over by a small cartel of businessmen based in Gujarat and ruthlessly milked for their own selfish ends. But who listens to us? We are just small time fans moaning on a website. Cricinfo, which is read by millions of readers, will be largely silent on this issue. It doesn't suit them to upset the applecart, antagonise the millions of Afridi fans (that's all Pakistani fans) and lose readership in the process. Cricket has become a gravy train, where all parties have a silent quid pro quo with other vested interests- you scratch my back and I'll overlook the occasional indiscretion.
Doc, I am as bemused as you. Btw Doc, a quick question to you. You have been following Pakistan cricket and understand their psyche more than most people. What do you think will happen now? Do you think Afridi will be made captain once he's back from the frankly pathetic ban of two T20s?

man, these pakis just don't want to let go an opportunity to embarrass their country! what an absolute idiot! imagine what would happen if he becomes the captain in all 3 formats (which btw seems very likely)? i don't understand that what on earth was he thinking? its like he knew he WAS going to get caught, but he was just wanted to win at al cost. as a pakistani, my sincere apologies to all the lovers of the game for this shameful act.

In the Dhoni banned for 2 matches incident, the entire Indian team was fined for 40% match fees.. Looking at the Gnashridi clip, do you think Asif and Rana were not knowing what he was doing? Infact the whole Pak team must be knowing what's going on and should be fined..IMO both Rana and Asif are party to this ball gnashing offence..

It's no the first time Afridi has cheated. A few years ago against England when it was stumps for the day. Everyone walked off the pitch including the umpires and Afridi looked around and when he thought no one was watching started stamping and grinding his boot studs into the pitch to try and make footmarks. He got banned for two matches then and he gets banned again. And what about Iftikhar? Afridi bit the ball twice right in front of him and Rao didn't even blink as if it was perfectly normal. No fan deserves to see the captain of the side embaress and humiliate the national team like that.

It's no the first time Afridi has cheated. A few years ago against England when it was stumps for the day. Everyone walked off the pitch including the umpires and Afridi looked around and when he thought no one was watching started stamping and grinding his boot studs into the pitch to try and make footmarks. He got banned for two matches then and he gets banned again. .
It wasn't stumps. It was when play was suspended because of an explosion near the boundary line. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O6oSDpdNBc]YouTube- Shahid Afridi Pitch Tampering - Cricket[/ame]