Doctor Afridi: A bite a day, reverse swing way (Only Banned for 2 T20's)

They are under the illusion just because it is a close game, Afridite is their future. Fact is Australia rested lot of players and also they were chasing on a sluggish pitch. At the end of the day they won. I sincerely hope he captains their side. :hysterical: . I want to see his acts when things don't right for his team.

I hope no one is even a wee bit surprised. Why should we? These Pakistanis have a frankly shameful disciplinary record that speak for itself. Over the years, their cricketers have indulged in every possible transgression on a cricket field. But boy, how stupid can these guys get? If you wanna cheat, at least make sure it is hard to catch you in the act. Dont bite of effing ball with the world looking at you. If this is what these guys in the full view of world, then can anyone imagine what they might be upto behind the scenes? And worse, this is the guy now being touted to become the captain of Pakistan in all 3 forms of the game! WTF... If I were the ICC, I'd conduct routine, yet random searches of their cricketing gear - Keeper's match gloves, bats, even monitor the kind of drinks these guys consume during the breaks b/w the overs. Who knows what they might have in it? Knowing their dubious history, especially in match--fixing, the ICC's anti-corruption unit should zero in on the activities surrounding the Pakistani team before and after match-days and the sort of characters they interact with. This is PCB's biggest litmus test yet. What are they going to do now? Are they just going to pretend that this is a just a run-of-the-mill offence and let it pass by and reward him with the captaincy? Or finally acknowledge the shameful disciplinary record of someone like Afridi and the kind of damage it has caused to image of Pakistani cricket and take stringent action against him? The ball's literally, in their court, pun intended.

I hope no one is even a wee bit surprised. Why should we? These Pakistanis have a frankly shameful disciplinary record that speak for itself. Over the years, their cricketers have indulged in every possible transgression on a cricket field. But boy, how stupid can these guys get? If you wanna cheat, at least make sure it is hard to catch you in the act. Dont bite of effing ball with the world looking at you. If this is what these guys in the full view of world, then can anyone imagine what they might be upto behind the scenes? And worse, this is the guy now being touted to become the captain of Pakistan in all 3 forms of the game! WTF... If this is what the Pakistanis do in the full view of the camera, can anyone even begin to imagine what might be upto, behind the scenes? If I were the ICC, I'd conduct routine, yet random searches of their cricketing gear - Keeper's match gloves, bats, even monitor the kind of drinks these guys consume during the breaks b/w the overs. Who knows what they might have in it? Knowing their dubious history, especially in match--fixing, the ICC's anti-corruption unit should zero in on the activities surrounding the Pakistani team before and after match-days and the sort of characters they interact with. This is PCB's biggest litmus test yet. What are they going to do now? Are they just going to pretend that this is a just a run-of-the-mill offence and let it pass by and reward him with the captaincy? Or finally acknowledge the shameful disciplinary record of someone like Afridi and the kind of damage it has caused to image of Pakistani cricket and take stringent action against him? The ball's literally, in their court, pun intended.
They will keep the ball, give it to Afretard and he will chew on it when he captains the team in all three formats!
I hope no one is even a wee bit surprised. Why should we? These Pakistanis have a frankly shameful disciplinary record that speak for itself. Over the years, their cricketers have indulged in every possible transgression on a cricket field. But boy, how stupid can these guys get? If you wanna cheat, at least make sure it is hard to catch you in the act. Dont bite of effing ball with the world looking at you. If this is what these guys in the full view of world, then can anyone imagine what they might be upto behind the scenes? And worse, this is the guy now being touted to become the captain of Pakistan in all 3 forms of the game! WTF... If this is what the Pakistanis do in the full view of the camera, can anyone even begin to imagine what might be upto, behind the scenes? If I were the ICC, I'd conduct routine, yet random searches of their cricketing gear - Keeper's match gloves, bats, even monitor the kind of drinks these guys consume during the breaks b/w the overs. Who knows what they might have in it? Knowing their dubious history, especially in match--fixing, the ICC's anti-corruption unit should zero in on the activities surrounding the Pakistani team before and after match-days and the sort of characters they interact with. This is PCB's biggest litmus test yet. What are they going to do now? Are they just going to pretend that this is a just a run-of-the-mill offence and let it pass by and reward him with the captaincy? Or finally acknowledge the shameful disciplinary record of someone like Afridi and the kind of damage it has caused to image of Pakistani cricket and take stringent action against him? The ball's literally, in their court, pun intended.
:hmmm::hmmm:
i think afridi prolly didnt knew wat he was doing i am sure he wouldnt do dat in purpose and why would he? he knos the rule better..i m preety sure it was a temporay memory loss or just the pressure of the game made him do something weird...
Typical poyzzzz fan...they really are so predictable aren't they?

Three overs each left for Rana and Rao, will they prove to be the weak link for Pakistan, or will they stand up here and surprise Australia? Rana to bowl - 37 off 36. Mid-on and mid-off up 44.1 Naved-ul-Hasan to Johnson, 1 run, slightly short of yorker, Johnson gets a single wide of mid-on 44.2 Naved-ul-Hasan to Hussey, 1 run, length ball, pushed across Hussey, he gets a thick edge towards third man 44.3 Naved-ul-Hasan to Johnson, OUT, and what a time for Rana to strike, loose shot really, shortish, angled across him, Johnson cuts without getting close to it, the edge is snapped by Sarfraz, and Pakistan are in a huddle, they can feel it, they can sense a win around the corner MG Johnson c †Sarfraz Ahmed b Naved-ul-Hasan 13 (26m 19b 1x4 0x6) SR: 68.42 Nathan Hauritz to face now, coming off a fifty in the previous game. One slip in 44.4 Naved-ul-Hasan to Hauritz, no run, good delivery first up, back of a length, around off, defended off the back foot 44.5 Naved-ul-Hasan to Hauritz, no run, nice inswinging yorker, that's the delivery that pays most of his bills, Hauritz can't do much with that 44.6 Naved-ul-Hasan to Hauritz, no run, inswing, late inswing, length ball, tails in from outside off, pushed to midwicket Now comes Rao Iftikhar, the umpires have a look at the ball. Rana would hate to give it away. Did Afridi actually bite at the ball? This is from three-four overs ago, the replays show Afridi with the ball half inside his mouth, he could have been bowling at it. Asif was bowling then. And we eventually have a ball change here ==================================== Obviously the bite really worked...these guys know how to do this...

There has been talk about naming the series after Kapil Dev and Imran. But to me, personally, Kapil will always be the greater cricketer of the two. Simply because he never tampered with the ball; he always played fair.
Boss, notice which player benefits from the comparison?:--D

Some of these guys are chronic cheats who should never be allowed anywhere near the game. There's no other sport that is so lenient in allowing errant players to get back on the playing pithc so soon. If characters like Afridi and Akhtar had been playing in a league like NBA, they would have been given life-bans a long time ago. Yet, time after time, one cheating act after another, these guys come back fresh as though nothing happened. I think the sentence of ban of two T20s is absolutely ridiculous. Its like giving 20 hours of community service to a guy who just committed armed robbery. The ICC should not just look at this as an isolated act of cheating and decide the punishment, but hand their sentences considering the backdrop of what has happened so far and the kinds of offences these guys are known to have committed in the past.