Have you ever been to a rock concert ?

EnterTheVoid

Shakira falls into the Britney Spears/Christina Aguilera/Lady Gaga mould. Over the top sexual antics and parading around in their underwear is how they score their hits, musicianship goes out the window. Wouldn't watch these guys even if you paid me.
You think Mariyam doesn't know that? She is obviously trolling. :P

Guys check this hip hop (well it's more like alternative rock) song by a band named "Bombay Bassment". Check out the bass line...reminds you of Flea...the guy looks like a desi... nah he aint tony kanal though. I am gonna download their album and give it a decent listen Yl2XTTPDy_c

You think Mariyam doesn't know that? She is obviously trolling. :P
No. Wasn't trolling at all. I quite like the Shakira genre of music. Shakira, Enrique, Ketchup song, YBC and other Latino hip hop/ pop artists are my favs. I don't know about other places in India, but the crowd for a Shakira concert was infinitely better than the crowd that turned up for the the Roger Waters concert. There were 50 year olds at the RW concert for crying out loud :P
Roger Waters. Boring. Those two words should never be in the same sentence.
Those are 3 words. :P Meh!! I'm not a fan. Tagged along for that concert because my friends went.

Well 'yam in most countries in the west the rockers are basically just another mass of peoples. But in India rockers are the very elite of music lovers and we can smell the pseudos from a mile. Of course our expressiveness is unlike the stiff upper lipped elite but o yeah when it comes to knowing the music and relating to it a rocker will beat any of your shakira pakira nonsense to pulp. What more in India rock shows dont normally turn out to be slug fests or end up in gang wars unlike the west. Why? Because at a rock show all of us are part of the rock brotherhood. Now the rockers in India ain't cheapskates like your hip hop watching ghatpandes who will try and look up inside Shakira's or Anaida's or Shwetha Shetty's skirts. We are in there for the music. We may be pretty crude in our expression but we ain;t indecent, havasi kuttas like the ones that turn up for Bryan Adams and Shakira and Shwetha Shetty. We respect great musicians and don't hold back from applauding them if we feel they have entertained us. Above all, at a rock show, usually, everyone helps each other out by sharing the dope, the cigarettes, the drinks, the space, etc. Now, how often does that happen in a shakira pakira or lady gaga show? If you wanna be a rocker and be accepted as a rocker chic you start by understanding the music and what rock music stands for. But I'll admit that of late rock music in the west has become totally pseudo and has been so for the last decade and more. But Indian rock scene is alive and kicking. You will find rockers and especially metal heads in the west being criminal bast@rds. But rest assured when you are in the company of Indian rockers you will be in the company of the most genuine friends who know how to treat a lady with respect.

Guys check this hip hop (well it's more like alternative rock) song by a band named "Bombay Bassment". Check out the bass line...reminds you of Flea...the guy looks like a desi... nah he aint tony kanal though. I am gonna download their album and give it a decent listen Yl2XTTPDy_c
Four words: Geezer Butler, Black Sabbath.
No. Wasn't trolling at all. I quite like the Shakira genre of music. Shakira, Enrique, Ketchup song, YBC and other Latino hip hop/ pop artists are my favs. I don't know about other places in India, but the crowd for a Shakira concert was infinitely better than the crowd that turned up for the the Roger Waters concert. There were 50 year olds at the RW concert for crying out loud :P Those are 3 words. :P Meh!! I'm not a fan. Tagged along for that concert because my friends went.
Pink Floyd are from the 60's, when everybody was either nailing hippies or nailing drugs. Perfect time for their psychedelic brand of "Love Everyone" type of rock of flourish.

@Sree_India Who is the 'you' that this post mentions? :confused: For the record, I never said any such thing about rock music. And its not ignorance. Its just a genuine lack of interest. @ Vijay Sharma: That is an interesting write up. Although I am unsure what triggered the outburst. Did I say something wrong? I wasn't taking a stab at rock music fans or the genre of music. I was just recounting what I observed at a rock music concert in Mumbai. That is all. No more, no less. And I base these experiences having been to a fair share of concerts. The entertainment tax in Mumbai is much higher than that in Bangalore or any other part of the country. That results in the price of the ticket being higher in Mumbai than it is other cities. For the Shakira concert, the cheapest tickets were for 2500 Rs, if I am not wrong. This generally weeds out the uninterested people, voyeurs and the cheap stakes which you mention in your post and despise. Not always, but by and large. The people for a Shakira concert are more of my age, groove with the music, sing along, dance along, and interact with Shakira, prod her on for en cores etc. At the Roger Waters concert, the average age was much higher. The noise levels from the crowd much lower. There isn't much crowd-artist interaction. Leave out the 'noise' emanating from Waters end and I might as well sit in a library and experience such adrenaline. :P For a rock music experience, I'd prefer Hard Rock Cafe anyday to these concerts. I've also been to Mood I (IIT's yearly festival) where they have a rock concert thing many times. The less said about that crowd the better. Ditto I-rock. In before you ask me, some of my better friends are rock fanatics. Thats why I've been to these concerts. Maybe the rock 'scene' is different in Bangalore. IMO, the Pune rock scene is better than Mumbai. Edit: I know different people have their moral compasses pointing in different directions, but you talk about sharing dope, that too with total strangers as a good thing. :WTF: Please tell me that was sarcasm.