Kings XI Punjab

Punisher

Kings XI Punjab could be up for sale NEW DELHI: There seems to be more trouble for Kings XI Punjab as sources have confirmed to TIMES NOW that the Punjab franchisee could be up for sale. Sources said that three owners are interested in discussions of selling their stakes. Ness Wadia, Mohit Burman and Karan Paul are interested in selling their stake off. Meanwhile, co-owner Preity Zinta is very keen on staying on board with the team. Mohit Burman, one of the co-owners, who spoke to TIMES NOW doesn't rule out selling his stake if approached. http://toi.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/iplarticleshow/5774826.cms

The season is over for the Kings XI. They might as well try some new faces and give them a game or two with only four games left. Now they can just hope to win a few games and spoil it for the other teams vying for the semifinal spot. Changing the captaincy to Sangakarra didnt yeild any positive results so I wouldnt mind him leaving for IPL4. Poor batting, fielding, bowling, selection of playing XI and batting order and not being able to take the initiative in winning moments cost them. Too many openers/top order batsmen who need time to settle in the team and selecting players like Kaif for 200+ grand 'for the middle order' was a joke. On top of it, injured or players coming from an injury didnt help their cause either. One thing I surely hope that Yuvraj Singh sticks with Punjab for the next season.

Guest Hiten.
Always a pleasure beating Mumbai Overall record 4-2 in favor of Punjab
You want a ****ing trophy for that now, mother****er ? Go **** yourself, ****ing p.rick :finger: P.S: Welcome back :amitdance:

They're obviously in a lot of trouble. Their campaign was doomed right from the start. To begin with there were reports that some of the owners were looking to sell out their stake (reports which later only got confirmed, according to some media sources). Then, there was the rumors of infighting b/w the stars of the team. You had Sangakkara, who's not even Indian, let alone Punjabi, calling out KXIP's icon player and top-gun Yuvi, telling him that everyone needs to perform to save their reputation. If that wasnt bad enough, you had reports that Yuvi was contemplating a switch to some other franchise. To draw a comparison, thats like Anil Kumble quitting BRC. In a video interview posted in another thread, Yuvi, when answering to a question on whether he might move out next season, replied with a 'I dont know what the rules are yet..'. Let me translate that for you. Thats Yuvraj saying 'Yes, I am not happy at KXIP. I'd like to move out. So, anyone out there interested, you know who to contact...'. Its unfortunate to KXIP coz unlike other franchizes in other years (you know how KKR was doomed in 2009 coz no Pakistanis were allowed.. Or for that matter how BRC had a test line-up in 2008), KXIP had a reasonable squad this year. Just that they did not absolutely fire at all, until recently. It will be hard for 'em to even retain the talent they have at this point, let alone sign up new stars for next year because no one wants to play for a team that keeps losing. You'll hardly get noticed, even if you do well. So, there could be some rough times ahead for KXIP going forward.