This one is going to hurt

Gambit

Sure thing it would hurt but don't want to say far too many negative things even before the test match finishes. That said Saffies deserve this one, they have played like champions. If South Africa doesn't win this one they will have done worse than Pakistan did in Sydney recently.

Hmm. . . If India do lose then yes it'll suck but to be honest our batsmen have always been weak against the moving ball and shock bouncers. It's what you get when they are fed on flat pitches for most of their careers. Steyn has bowled extremely well but it was pretty clear from Vijay/Saha etc that these guys have no clue on how to play at a moving delivery at pace. Unless you're SRT, or Dravid and born with excellent technique then most batsmen are going to struggle against the moving ball because they haven't grown up on pitches like that.

Losing a test hurts. Losing after nearly two years hurts even more. Losing when you are expected to win considering you are #1 playing at home hurts the most.
Expecting to win this Test? Not too sure, With the backbone of our Team missing, I felt we would be lucky to snatch a draw.
Expecting to win this Test? Not too sure' date=' With the backbone of our Team missing, I felt we would be lucky to snatch a draw.[/quote'] It would surely hurt but I am not impressed by the application of the batting made by the remaining batsman .. Gauti, Sachin and Dhoni failed who are normally very consistent and Veeru kept playing on rash shots and trying to attack every ball even after he reached his century whereas he knew all the top batsmen were gone
It would surely hurt but I am not impressed by the application of the batting made by the remaining batsman .. Gauti' date=' Sachin and Dhoni failed who are normally very consistent and Veeru kept playing on rash shots and trying to attack every ball even after he reached his century whereas he knew all the top batsmen were gone[/quote'] told about not being impressed by Veeru in the first innings and not at all impressed .. he kept on playing rash shots and has gifted his wicket in the second innings .. 2 of our top 4 gone now the remaining two have to make at least double hundreds even to draw this test .. really getting pissed off now

Mixed feelings really. The loss hurts but any criticism would be too much considering India were missing 2 of their best middle order batsmen. It's like SA attack sans steyn or even without kallis/smith. Having said that 233 is pretty pathetic effort and all of our batsmen looked like school kids facing even morkel who was simply working with his angle. GG failed to read line/lenght twice costing him his wicket. Game will be shut out tomorrow morning. It's really sad to see steyn extract the same movement off indian pitch like he does in SA. All our bowlers are busy getting injured or when fit they dish out crap. Aah **** :((

I really fear how are we going to fare in SA if our bowlers don't pull up their socks. No matter how many good batsmen you carry, your bowlers should be competent to take 20 wickets.

Harbhajan should dropped/rested and bring in Pathan. He cant be any worse if not better. Also he gives us a batting capability. Rohit should come in for Saha if laxman is not fit or maybe even Vijay. RP singh should also be considered.
I would say bring in Ashwin instead of one of the bowlers.. drop Ishant .. he is anyways not effective .. bring Ashwin for either Bhajji or Mishra .. he bowled well in the Board President's XI match against SA and might be a lot more effective

I agree for the fact that we should be trying new talent rather then recycling our old junk. But this is against the NO 2 side in the world. And experimenting with debutants isnt such a good idea atm imo. They had the whole bangla series to experiment but know they end up having almost 3 debutants against the No 2 side in the world.

I agree for the fact that we should be trying new talent rather then recycling our old junk. But this is against the NO 2 side in the world. And experimenting with debutants isnt such a good idea atm imo. They had the whole bangla series to experiment but know they end up having almost 3 debutants against the No 2 side in the world.
I agree that we should have tested our bench strength against the Bangla series as that was bound to be an easy series win even with our B side .. maybe we could have avoided the injuries too if we had done that at that time.. but still our bowlers are looking useless against SA and I would go for Ashwin as he has taken 5 wickets against SA in the Board's XI match I suppose .. anyways what is the point of carrying Ishant, Bhajji or Mishra if they cannot do anything .. why not give chance to Ashwin instead of carrying used baggage which is failing repeatedly

To be honest it is not like India is losing test matches after test matches. It's ok if they lose to a good opponent once in a while. You can't always win. Every top team in the past have also lost a test match every now and then. In fact South Africa lost the series to Australia in South Africa.

Keep Mishra he toiled hard and deserved plenty of wickets. But rest of the bowlers i dont know :(( I havent seen much of Ashwin or any other non capped domestic player. Im just going with the past experience and players who have performed well previously.

Keep Mishra he toiled hard and deserved plenty of wickets. But rest of the bowlers i dont know :(( I havent seen much of Ashwin or any other non capped domestic player. Im just going with the past experience and players who have performed well previously.
Mishra will keep on 'toiling' for rest of his career. He is not sharp enough. He is a slow leg spinner with occasional googlies..He needs proper field settings to create any chances of taking wickets..Unless the captain backs him up, he will keep on 'toiling'..