Cuplrits of Test 1

Guest Hiten.

I want to see all of you after the second test
Second test's performance would have no bearing to my/others' assessment as we did sh*t all to save the first test and that is the fact my friend.
I did not see our batting after Badri's departure and I am not too aware of other rash shots played or not by our batsmen. Please feel free to add yours.
Bob' date=' I cant believe you'd blame Sehwag but not Tendulkar for an equally atrocious shot. Gifting wickets to Paul Harris is ridiculous. Its not he was bowling an attacking line or anything either.[/quote'] What's with the BB hating agenda of yours ? :hitler:
Bob' date=' I cant believe you'd blame Sehwag but not Tendulkar for an equally atrocious shot. Gifting wickets to Paul Harris is ridiculous. Its not he was bowling an attacking line or anything either.[/quote'] That ball ought to be swept. What Sachin did was perfectly alright. As far as Sehwag is concerned, that is the way he plays. Others also have to bat around him.
That ball ought to be swept. What Sachin did was perfectly alright. As far as Sehwag is concerned' date=' that is the way he plays. Others also have to bat around him.[/quote'] What are you talking man. In test there is nothing like "ought to be". You can pad up if you want to. He repeatedly tried that shot only to find a fielder. He sometimes even missed. Just for 1 run why play a risky shot. There are so many ways you can get out with protection there. You can top edge, you can miscue, you can drag it back onto stumps. WHy such risks ?

When Tendulkar is in decent touch you can easily frustrate him into playing some stupid shot. 54.5 Vaas to Tendulkar, OUT, Vaas' patience pays. He was on and around the off stump all the while and Tendulkar kept leaving them. Until this time. He chased the off cutter, full and well outside the off stump. went for the drive and got a thick edge to Mahela standing at wide first slip. The plan has worked. Tendulkar's patience has run out. Vaas wins that battle. SR Tendulkar c DPMD Jayawardene b Vaas 31 (54m 42b 5x4 0x6) SR: 73.80

What are you talking man. In test there is nothing like "ought to be". You can pad up if you want to. He repeatedly tried that shot only to find a fielder. He sometimes even missed. Just for 1 run why play a risky shot. There are so many ways you can get out with protection there. You can top edge' date=' you can miscue, you can drag it back onto stumps. WHy such risks ?[/quote'] come on. u cant just block even the bad deliveries.u cant go into ur shell.thats the way RD knows.not SRT.he has a different approach.he wanted to dominate Harris since runs were not coming from the other end. had he connected,it would've been a four,not a single
come on. u cant just block even the bad deliveries.u cant go into ur shell.thats the way RD knows.not SRT.he has a different approach.he wanted to dominate Harris since runs were not coming from the other end. had he connected,it would've been a four,not a single
No.. you can. When their whole strategy is getting your wicket with that negative strategy, you should nullify it smartly by testing the patience of bowler not risking your wicket. Even in debut test Harris tied him down and eventually got him out. He connected it a few times. They were not fours. They were just a single. Because smith had a protection at the deep. Let us face it he failed to connect Harris most of the time. That was a daft shot from an experienced player. If he wants to play sweep shot he should play infront of square by stretching forward.