What would be your ODI team vs SA?

Feed

Baize' date=' if I remember correctly Yuvraj has had a recurrent knee [?'] problem for sometime now. Isn't it a good idea for him to undergo the surgery now and be ready for the World Cup next year? God knows we need him desperately for the WC.
He prefers to miss one odd series every month rather than missing 2-3 months at a time. Nitin Patel (our team's physio) had recommended him this route IIRC :giggle:
It's good in a way. Kohli will get a chance to face up to a good bowling attack' date=' albeit in an ODI. It will be a test for him to see if he has it in him to come up strong against a good pace attack. Maybe [b']Pandey or Nayar can be brought into the squad.
:pardon:
Does anyone have a list of how many injuries Yuvi has picked in his career. For someone who is not a fast bowler he picks up too many injuries.
And him gaining weight exponentially has not helped his knee recover/heal :haha:

Be fit for IPL :yay: As for the knee problem, I really think he needs to have a closer look at that and get surgery if required. I remember him missing out for 3 months yet still did not get the surgery. Fitness is hurting him and his place in the team is also at stake. This does allow Kohli or another youngster to perform. With Tendulkar back, Kohli will have to bat at #5 and not the #3 that I think he is best suited for. Pandey is another player who has done well in all forms of cricket and is knocking on the selection doors i.e First class, ODIs, t20's and I even watched him doing well in Hong Kong sixers :phehehe: Definitely deserves a chance when there is an opening.

Pandey has performed superbly in domestics recently (real stuff; with a great showing v. Bombay in the Ranji final)' date=' so there's nothing wrong with giving him a shot. Better than picking him for reasons based off a slogathon game in a largely irrelevant series.[/quote'] So now you're a lawyer along with economist ? :hmmm:

BLOWS at least we will get Nehra back. Nehra and Khan can really keep it tight in ODIs. We can have irfan as our third bowler and Bhajji as the lone spinner. Part timers can take care of the rest. Gauti Viru Sachin Raina Kohli Dhoni Jadeja Irfan Zak Nehra Bhajji/mishra/ojha/piyush (if bhajji is not available)

Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Raina, Dhoni, Zaheer, Sreesanth, Nehra, Tyagi, Ojha, Mishra, DK, Jadeja/Yusuf, Pandey/Nayar/Ganpathy. (Irfan hasn't played the Ranji ODDs for Baroda so far, so I have a feeling he is injured). With Bhajji out, its time to give Mishra/Ojha a full series. I have a feeling Yusuf will egde out Jadeja this time (unless MSD is adamant on Jadeja). The major discussion could be on the 15th member. If the team management isnt going to give either of Pandey, Nayar or Ganpathy any game, its better to go with a 14 only and let these guys play the Ranji ODIs rather than warm the bench in team india for 10 days.

What I would really prefer is for Sachin to have a minor 'injury' and pull out of the IPL season. That format of the game puts his body at the most risk. Just dont see the pt of it
'injury'???? He can easily pull out if he had wanted to. He will play it for the sake of money though. Who wouldn't play 14 short games to make more money than international cricket in a whole year?
no' date=' dat is jsut my opinin, dis is a site 4 opinins so i can say wut eva i want.[/quote'] :haha: :haha: Btw, its about time India start testing their bench strength in home ODI series as we have to start shortlisting the suitable candidates who would be eligible to play for the WC spot. We shouldn't mind losing couple of odd ODI series, as WC should be our main focus with only ~1 year to go now. Given how fickle our players are they might get injured any time so we have to have a plan B in case the unwarranted things fold out amidst the WC campaign.
:haha: :haha: Btw, its about time India start testing their bench strength in home ODI series as we have to start shortlisting the suitable candidates who would be eligible to play for the WC spot. We shouldn't mind losing couple of odd ODI series, as WC should be our main focus with only ~1 year to go now. Given how fickle our players are they might get injured any time so we have to have a plan B in case the unwarranted things fold out amidst the WC campaign.
Good point. 3 odis vs SA Asia cup SL tri series 7 odis vs Aus 5 odis vs NZ 5 odis vs SA Perhaps one practice series before the WC Not more than 25-30 games to go,ideally from the series vs Aus, our final 15-17 for the WC should play as many games as they can.