Bopara develops cold feet, says IPL "not worth dying for"

HowardRoark

Day in Pics: February 27LONDON: English cricketer Ravi Bopara has indefinitely postponed his trip to India for IPL due to security apprehensions, saying cricket meant everything to him but "it is not worth dying for". Bopara, who was snapped at $450,000 by the Kings XI Punjab, was supposed to leave on Sunday to join the Mohali-based outfit for this year's Indian Premier League but the Essex cricketer backed out at the last moment, saying he was not sure if the risk was worth taking. "Cricket is my living and in many way my life. But it is not worth dying for," Bopara was quoted as saying by the Mail on Sunday. Bopara was worried with Reg Dickason's report in which the security expert raised some serious concerns. "This is a very tricky call. I have been in touch with the franchise and they are pretty positive that things will be OK. But Reg Dickason's report says something different. "At the moment I'm nowhere with this decision. I've had some contact with other players. No one has said they are definitely not going, but no one has said they definitely are either. I have pushed back my flight so I can give myself a bit more time to see what happens and whether the security measures are implemented," he said. "The franchise will want an answer in the next few days, but I will not come to a hasty decision just because I have to. I need to weigh everything up and if I could buy myself even more time I would," added Bopara.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/Bopara-develops-cold-feet-says-IPL-not-worth-dying-for/articleshow/5628441.cms I can understand the goras' reactions. But this coming from a guy of Indian origin? WTF :whack::angry_smile: I say kick him out..he is not that valuable to be convinced of our security. Good riddance.

Another fictional story on Bopara by the media. I guess they have run out of stories. They should concentrate on world cup hockey instead about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter Just spoke to Ravi Bopara - he is looking forward to coming to india. All the news about him not coming and comments are completely false. about 1 hours ago via UberTwitter Modi on twitter

Why is Bopara being criticized? One cannot blame a player for being concerned about his own life' date=' can we?[/quote'] Isn't it an insault for billion of indian who lives in INdia when he said : he doesn't want to come in india becuse he don't want to killed?

Isn't it an insault for billion of indian who lives in INdia when he said : he doesn't want to come in india becuse he don't want to killed?
Why should it be an insult? This is our home. We dont have to go visit somebody else. But for him, that is his home. Why should he take the risk just to come and play a few games of cricket? He cannot come and play here just for the sake of a few spectators who will not think twice before lambasting him if he missed a single shot, can he?

Why should it be an insult? This is our home. We dont have to go visit somebody else. But for him, that is his home. Why should he take the risk just to come and play a few games of cricket? He cannot come and play here just for the sake of a few spectators who will not think twice before lambasting him if he missed a single shot, can he?
Well i respect your POV But for me I feel insaulted when someone said he don't want to come in my country due to security concern

Guest DeveGowda
Isn't it an insault for billion of indian who lives in INdia when he said : he doesn't want to come in india becuse he don't want to killed?
If u take all this as insult we are in big trouble.... US and UK always issue Travel warning for their citizens NOT to travel to india...What about that ? And this issue of Foriegn players Nervos about IPL blown out of proposition...i think they afraid mainly because IPL is a Bigger event and they are easy targets.....its not like that just traveling to India they are Unsecure...