Hockey World Cup - India v Pakistan World Cup game at Delhi (2035 IST)

Gambit

Great match!! Come to think of it, if the Indian Hockey Federation had better marketed the Hockey League they had started in India, the sport would've become more popular.
Hockey is really a great sport and will really be very popular if marketed properly.. I want both hockey and football to emerge again in India as these two sports have great potential in business sense too if marketed properly

it was a no contest really ! but one thing still hasnt changed is our game in the last 10 mins . why do we get so defensive in the last mins , even with 2-3 goal lead ? I have seen too many matches we have conceded by us in the last mins , European teams will surely exploit this again . & we need Adrian D'souza back , his replacement looks clueless to me

I liked our attack today though did not like the defense much .. I have never seen hockey matches previously but I doubt if other teams attack would be better than us though the powerful teams as you say Spain etc. must have got better defense .. but I think we will win if we play aggressive like this .. lets hope for the best .. but I liked hockey .. it is as interesting as cricket or football
Yes :two_thumbs_up: With crowd support like this...we can at least reach semis!!

I just found a schedule .. these are the teams in our group it seems Australia England India Pakistan South Africa Spain So, which teams are better than us in our group .. are we within the top 2 in our group
going by ranking we are only better than SA . Spain is easily a notch above us . Aus are beatable , play similar attacking hockey to us ..but Aus will be favs again England -most improved side lately & have beaten us recently - a must win for us SA - only game we will start favs Aus beating Eng , was gr8 result for us .

it was a no contest really ! but one thing still hasnt changed is our game in the last 10 mins . why do we get so defensive in the last mins , even with 2-3 goal lead ? I have seen too many matches we have conceded by us in the last mins , European teams will surely exploit this again . & we need Adrian D'souza back , his replacement looks clueless to me
who is he ... I perhaps saw him in news channels during the hockey India conflict a month ago.. is he the Goan player .. who is his replacement?

going by ranking we are only better than SA . Spain is easily a notch above us . Aus are beatable , play similar attacking hockey to us ..but Aus will be favs again England -most improved side lately & have beaten us recently - a must win for us SA - only game we will start favs Aus beating Eng , was gr8 result for us .
Everyone of you is saying so much about Spain .. are they the Brazil of Hockey

Three more will be nice:pray: We should fancy our chances against Eng and SA..Spain is a concern though:nervous: One good thing is the Poms beat Oz which works nicely in our favor:icflove:
we can afford to lose against Spain but will need a draw and win against , Eng and Aus imo 2 more wiins and a draw , we are through

Everyone of you is saying so much about Spain .. are they the Brazil of Hockey
more like how spain was in football recently , gr8 side but dont win tournaments ...if am not wrong they have come second on quite a few occasions ...& unlike other european countries , they play very attractive hockey

who is he ... I perhaps saw him in news channels during the hockey India conflict a month ago.. is he the Goan player .. who is his replacement?
Mumbai player , may be originally from Goa , not sure ...hes among the best in the world. the new chap ,did alright but he dint pick couple of Sohal Abbas's drag flicks ..may be just nerves , but we cant afford this in a tournament like WC

Our goal keeper. Sreejesh replaced him for today's match and did a fantastic job.
Mumbai player , may be originally from Goa , not sure ...hes among the best in the world. the new chap ,did alright but he dint pick couple of Sohal Abbas's drag flicks ..may be just nerves , but we cant afford this in a tournament like WC
Yes I felt the goalkeeper to be a bit weak especially in the high goal tries which bounced on the bar .. good to know that he is not the original goalkeeper .. so that is even better .. it means our goalkeeper is also good .. hope they play attacking hockey again They were also saying that we have a Spanish coach and we have changed a lot after the Spanish coach ... the news channels are also discussing .. I feel hockey is back gradually :dance: .. phir dil do hockey ko :eyedance:

i rem seing a india pakistan encounter' date=' it was champions trophy in germany! where india was 2-1 down at half time and won 5-3 or 4-3 it was! probhjot singh, his two majestic goals with reverse flick! thatz how i started watching hockey![/quote'] 2003 or 04 ? the first game of the same tournament , India we leading 3-0 with 10 mins to go against Holland & lost 4-3 in the and & in the play offs for 3rd place we beat Pak 7-2 . that team had some really top quality players . Gagan Ajit Singh & Jugraj , where potential greats whom we lost unfortunately to career ending injuries . Jugraj had a serious car accident .

2003 or 04 ? the first game of the same tournament , India we leading 3-0 with 10 mins to go against Holland & lost 4-3 in the and & in the play offs for 3rd place we beat Pak 7-2 . that team had some really top quality players . Gagan Ajit Singh & Jugraj , where potential greats whom we lost unfortunately to career ending injuries . Jugraj had a serious car accident .
Jugraj Singh was an exceptional and exciting player, a proper athlete, real live wire on the field. Unfortunately, he couldnt recover well after his accident.