Indian Speed Database

CG

I hope sachin atleast shows some broad minded spirit and play ABU in the next match' date='if he still ignores ABU,the message will be clear..hope it was not the last time we saw UMESH for a while[/quote']
Oh shut up about Abu Nechim' date=' he bowls at around 138kph which makes him fast medium and he was all over the place. Mumbai have a genuinely strong bowling line up and it makes no sense to give someone a go because they are slightly quicker than most other indian bowlers.[/quote']
Well they're playing a dead rubber tomorrow' date=' no harm in giving him a game and resting someone else[/quote'] I agree that he might be played in a dead rubber but to be frank I was not much impressed with his bowling .. he was putting in a lot of effort to bowl 140+ and was spraying all over the place .. the real deal is Umesh Yadav who bowls 145K without any effort showing in his face or body language and yet he is quite accurate .. I would say he is more accurate than Nehra even though Nehra was the senior bowlers for DD and he consistently hits 140+ or I would rather say consistently hits 145K .. and this was not in one match but all matches he played for DD this IPL

I agree that he might be played in a dead rubber but to be frank I was not much impressed with his bowling .. he was putting in a lot of effort to bowl 140+ and was spraying all over the place .. the real deal is Umesh Yadav who bowls 145K without any effort showing in his face or body language and yet he is quite accurate .. I would say he is more accurate than Nehra even though Nehra was the senior bowlers for DD and he consistently hits 140+ or I would rather say consistently hits 145K .. and this was not in one match but all matches he played for DD this IPL
i have seen abu bowling good spells in ICL and in U-19 and he can bowl as quick as Yadav and I will give him a bit of space becoz that was his first game in IPL and he obviously looked nervous, his slingy action give him a bit of an advantage as it suits reverse swing more

i have seen abu bowling good spells in ICL and in U-19 and he can bowl as quick as Yadav and I will give him a bit of space becoz that was his first game in IPL and he obviously looked nervous' date=' his slingy action give him a bit of an advantage as it suits reverse wing more[/quote'] I agree that I would give him some more time and chances .. but one of the reasons why I liked Umesh Yadav is because he has got clear round arm action and he is one of the very few bowlers in the world who can bowl 145+ with a round arm action and without putting much effort .. but yes he must be given more chances for sure but I would give more importance to Umesh Yadav as of now .. but I would like both of them to be kept in the fray and given more facilities so that they can improve their bowling even more .. yes I need to see him in a few more matches to make any comment about Abu but Umesh has played a lot of IPL matches and so I am definitely impressed

I agree that I would give him some more time and chances .. but one of the reasons why I liked Umesh Yadav is because he has got clear round arm action and he is one of the very few bowlers in the world who can bowl 145+ with a round arm action and without putting much effort .. but yes he must be given more chances for sure but I would give more importance to Umesh Yadav as of now .. but I would like both of them to be kept in the fray and given more facilities so that they can improve their bowling even more .. yes I need to see him in a few more matches to make any comment about Abu but Umesh has played a lot of IPL matches and so I am definitely impressed
what i want is if they can play county cricket or club cricket in UK after the IPL or at least they both must try and join a better team in Ranji like Mumbai or any team from elite group.....

i have seen abu bowling good spells in ICL and in U-19 and he can bowl as quick as Yadav and I will give him a bit of space becoz that was his first game in IPL and he obviously looked nervous' date=' his slingy action give him a bit of an advantage as it suits reverse swing more[/quote'] I also have seen ABU bowling yorkers in ICL playing for mithun's team,I am not judging him only by watching him bowl some 145 plus deliveries in IPL....he has been bowling 142 plus for 3 years now,surely he can be tried in dead matches...or even play in board president matches challenger trophies etc..... and about Umesh,I am sure he is good enough to replace most of the indian pacers playing right now,so I would get ABU in the probables and obviously play Umeh in tests and odis pretty soon

Yeah I think Abu isn't anywhere near International quality. But he has time on his side still. Umesh Yadav is another matter though. Very exciting prospect.
you cannot judge Abu Nechim on one game.....Skill wise Abu is better he can swing the new ball and can get reverse swing with the old ball.....

you cannot judge Abu Nechim on one game.....Skill wise Abu is better he can swing the new ball and can get reverse swing with the old ball.....
When have you seen him bowling with an old ball? I'm generally against bowlers with a slingy action...they tend to be less effective than the ones with conventional action. And Abu's fitness doesn't seem to be in the same level of Umesh.

When have you seen him bowling with an old ball? I'm generally against bowlers with a slingy action...they tend to be less effective than the ones with conventional action. And Abu's fitness doesn't seem to be in the same level of Umesh.
Slingy action always help in reversing the ball....like Waqar and Shoiab used to do..slingy action bowlers are tough to face when they have pace, look at Malinga and Mitchell johnson and Umesh yadva's action is not very conventional too, round armish, conventional action mostly works in helpful conditions..look at RP, IKP, Munaf

Slingy action always help in reversing the ball....like Waqar and Shoiab used to do..slingy action bowlers are tough to face when they have pace' date=' look at Malinga and Mitchell johnson and Umesh yadva's action is not very conventional too, round armish, conventional action mostly works in helpful conditions..look at RP, IKP, Munaf[/quote'] Malinga and Abu in the same team. Its a good learning experience for young Abu Nechim.

Times Now today were discussing the discovery of the tournament and they had Ravi Shastri, Siddhu, Ayaz Menon and Boria and nobody mentioned Umesh Yadav even once .. they were saying Rayudu and Vijay whereas I feel Yadav was a much bigger discovery for sure

Times Now today were discussing the discovery of the tournament and they had Ravi Shastri' date=' Siddhu, Ayaz Menon and Boria and nobody mentioned Umesh Yadav even once .. they were saying Rayudu and Vijay whereas I feel Yadav was a much bigger discovery for sure[/quote'] I also feel some gadbad is there,gavaskar was intentionally avoiding Umesh while he was generating 145 in a match the way shrikanth was shouting for WE WANT A 145KPH bowler for last few months,everyone seems desperate to avoid Umesh,gavaskar was constantly pointing out GENTLE medium to umesh when he was generating 145...I smell serious politics again :nervous:

in today's preview show on t20 wc on STAR CRICKET--experts again saying-----INDIA DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE BOWLER WHO CAN GENERATE PACE!!!!!! this time it is Ayaz Menon...wah.....now I see no future for Umesh,he will get no chance at all