IPL ticket prices

yoda

Dont know about other cities, but I was at the MA Chidambaram stadium a week back and saw tickets for 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000 and 5000 rupees. The 200 and 500 rupee tickets were all sold out. Had a terrible experience trying to get some tickets. Waited in queue only to be told by the guy at the counter that they dont take cards, but only cash. While leaving, I was given a very subtle warning that 'Tickets may not be available by the time I get back'. Roamed around for 30 mins to get to the nearest ATM that works to get the moolah and got back to the stadium. This time, there was another roadblock - The dude told me that they sell a max of two tickets per person, while it was clearly written outside the counter that the max no. of tickets/person is 25. This was a big problem for me coz I needed 5. By now, I was beginning to realize that the guy at the counter was expecting probably 'something' from me. Called my cousin for back-up and both of approached the counter again, this time prepared to give some kickback to get our job done. Thankfully, some supervisor dude seemed to be hanging around and at the guys at the counter behaved perfectly this time. There was no talk of 'only 2 tickets/person', and there was lots of tickets available in the category I was seeking. So what should have been essentially a 30 minute job took me 3 hours. :mad: P.S; In India, they have watchman outside every ATM. Maybe they should spend some of the money used to pay him to make sure the ATMs actually works in the first place.

Mumbai has 500 ka tickets also, but they are free seating. After 5k, there are tickets for upto 12k and then for even more. In 2008, wankhede had tickets starting from 250(free seating), 500, 1000, 2000, etc The semifinals I went for last year round had tickets worth 21,000 each, and the final tickets were worth 60,000 each.
yeah I saw your ticket worth 12k in one of the posts. Forgot to add some of the numbers there, thanks:two_thumbs_up: btw, is your last name something like Ambani by any chance? :hmmm: just wondering as you paid 12k for a ticket :hatsoff:

yeah I saw your ticket worth 12k in one of the posts. Forgot to add some of the numbers there, thanks:two_thumbs_up: btw, is your last name something like Ambani by any chance? :hmmm: just wondering as you paid 12k for a ticket :hatsoff:
You missed the stamp on the ticket that said "Complimentary":winky:

Marirs, Which match you are going for? Any idea about tickets availability for MI vs CSK?
Yep, thats the one, April 6th. You might have chance of getting the 3000/5000 rupee ticket, doubt if others will be available. Even the 1000 rupee ticket was sold out when I went there last week.

Mumbai has 500 ka tickets also, but they are free seating. After 5k, there are tickets for upto 12k and then for even more. In 2008, wankhede had tickets starting from 250(free seating), 500, 1000, 2000, etc The semifinals I went for last year round had tickets worth 21,000 each, and the final tickets were worth 60,000 each.
Is the face value of the tickets? or black market? You pay for any of these? :fear: I'm budgeting about £70(Rs.4800)/match for WC :nervous:

Yep' date= thats the one, April 6th. You might have chance of getting the 3000/5000 rupee ticket, doubt if others will be available. Even the 1000 rupee ticket was sold out when I went there last week.
I'm expected to grace that match as well...:woot:

Is the face value of the tickets? or black market? You pay for any of these? :fear: I'm budgeting about £70(Rs.4800)/match for WC :nervous:
21K was the face value of the tickets for the semis. It said so on the tickets. For the final, I didnt get any tickets... all I got was something to wear which said VIP(attached) and that was the ticket itself. But a few people told me that those tickets were worth 60k. img0107sg.jpg
Yep, thats the one, April 6th. You might have chance of getting the 3000/5000 rupee ticket, doubt if others will be available. Even the 1000 rupee ticket was sold out when I went there last week.
I be going for MI v CSK day after tomorrow:yay:

I'm expected to grace that match as well...:woot:
Super thambi, enda standu?
Thanks Marirs. Thought of getting 1000 rupee ticket' date=' but that seems impossible now.[/quote'] Yea, thats pretty much out of question, unless of course you wanna buy a 200 rupee ticket in black for 1000/2000 bucks. :cantstop:
ON CSK websites it shows all the tickets are sold out http://www.chennaisuperkings.com/tickets/MatchTicketList.aspx
They have only limited tickets for the online sale. You have to go to the stadium in person to get the tickets.
I be going for MI v CSK day after tomorrow:yay:
Pretty much a goner unless MS is fit. :((

I went to CSK match today' date=' ticket price is rs220. It was gallery ,but they had oversold the tickets. Almost no place to sit, no place to move, no place to stand also :(( Bloody feckars. Anyway atmosphere was great and we enjoyed the game![/quote'] at least your team won. but that sounds like a bad deal not even being able to stand.