Time to turn the tables - exclusive article by Dada on HT

ViruRulez

Sourav Ganguly March 26, 2010 First Published: 23:15 IST(26/3/2010) Last Updated: 23:16 IST(26/3/2010) Winning is not only a habit, it’s also an attitude. One has to wear that attitude, get on to the ground and transform any given situation one’s way. This is not preaching time. Rather, this is the belief we are trying to inculcate in our team. Our fans are bound to run out of patience if we don’t turn the tables on the Kings XI Punjab. After our last match against the Mumbai Indians, we have had a lot of team talk. The effort has been to gather our thoughts, get re-focussed and look forward to a new beginning. We can only try, very honestly and sincerely. I strongly believe that if you are sincere in your effort, you are bound to get results. This belief has got stronger with the passage of time and I am not ready to budge from it. David Hussey has joined the team. He has got time to settle down and adjust to Indian conditions and keep himself ready for the upcoming game. Wasim Akram is also back and, I believe, his presence will give fresh boost to our bowlers. After the Mumbai match, the bowlers must have been feeling downcast. Wasim’s presence will help them lift their morale. We won the toss against Mumbai but didn’t get going. The Mumbai bowlers bowled to a plan and we found it difficult to break the shackles. It was indeed frustrating to have wickets in hand, yet failing to get the momentum going. In the end, our innings failed to reach the desired target and we were short by about 10-15 runs. The defence of our total didn’t go the way we had desired and the Mumbai batsmen, under the leadership of Sachin Tendulkar, took advantage of it. We did get an opportunity to stop Sachin when he scooped a return catch to Murali Kartik. Murali, unfortunately, lost sight of the ball and spilled the chance. Had that catch been taken, may be, the match could have turned our way. The Kings’ team, meanwhile, has been bolstered by the addition of the flamboyant Shaun Marsh. We are not putting our mind too much into it. Rather, we would like to believe that the team we have at our disposal can work wonders. We are working towards getting our combination right for this crucial match. The tournament is very delicately poised at the moment. The points table clearly indicates that it is still wide open. If we win against the Kings XI, there will be a sea change in our positioning on the table. I am really surprised by some talk from outside the ground. After the first two matches, people went gaga about us. They went to the extent of stating that we were a different side this season. The same people are airing completely different views after our three straight losses! It is always easy to comment about the game from outside, without realising that it is a different ball game out there in the middle. There have been numerous occasions when teams have started badly, yet gone on to reach their ultimate goal. In 1992, Pakistan was on the verge of getting eliminated from the World Cup but went on to win the coveted trophy. I can feel the hunger to win in my team also, and once that happens, I am confident we will be on a different plane in the coming days of the Indian Premeir League.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/specials/cricket/IPL/Time-to-turn-the-tables/columnscricket/SP-Article10-523735.aspx Hope he does not turn the table too hard or the glasses on the table will spill over :hysterical:

Dada turned the tables way back when he surreptitiously added himself as a part of Fab 3/4/5/...
Yes he Never belonged to the Fab group, he was 2 rungs clearly below SRT/Dravid and one or half-rung below VvsL/Sehwag but he does a good job of pretending he is in same rumg :hail: (where is anbuchelvan the icf poster?)

Yes he Never belonged to the Fab group, he was 2 rungs clearly below SRT/Dravid and one or half-rung below VvsL/Sehwag but he does a good job of pretending he is in same rumg :hail: (where is anbuchelvan the icf poster?)
He maybe below Dravid.Everybody is below SRT.But to say he is below VVS and Sehwag is biased.He made the Indian team what it is today!And he was not a bad batsman.He is surely in the top 5 batsman of Indian cricket.VVS too has'nt done anything special this IPL.Nor has Dravid.But Dada seems to get the most hate out of them all.