Sachin has the orange cap

Sachinism

Wow, what a transformation. From the fumbling and bumbling T20 player that he looked 2 years ago to the absolutely certain and sure T20 that he looks today, Sachin is, quite simply, a master of his own destiny. We keep saying this over and over again, but who'd have thought, a good 21 years after his debut, he'd the leading batsmen in a truly multilateral tournament who's format was supposedly for young dudes? I remember back in 2008, when Sachin was the icon player for Mumbai, I had a fun-filled 'debate' with Holy, telling that Sachin may prove to be one of the liabilities for MI, coz I thought he didnt have it in him to succeed in this format. And to an extent, I was proved right since he did not have great first edition with the bat. But, to turn it around like the way he has done, especially at the age of 37, is simply mind-boggling. This man is awesome, he makes a living out proving people wrong. :hail:
http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=661539&postcount=44 :hatsoff:

Never write off Sachin. Ever. In any format. This has happened countless times recently - people underestimate what he can do in any format of the game, you get the likes of Ian Chappell and others calling for his retirement or saying he's washed up re. tests, then he starts scoring a hundred every other game against anyone and everyone. Various other experts call for youth and fresh blood and innovation in ODIs instead, and then he keeps shutting them up. Just reason #286535 why he's the greatest batsman of this age. BTW, I've barely followed any of SRT in the IPL - but I have a hard time believing Sriram's description of the Boss as a "fumbling and bumbling T20 player". :WTF:

BTW, I've barely followed any of SRT in the IPL - but I have a hard time believing Sriram's description of the Boss as a "fumbling and bumbling T20 player".
I watched a lot of IPL1 and Sachin did not look even half as composed and assured as he does today, in IPL 3. You can check his record in IPL 1 if you don’t trust me and his lack of consistent performances was one of the main reasons why Mumbai had such a horrific start to that season (Remember, they lost their first 4-5 matches in a row, before a late surge which ultimately proved futile). Just watching him bat the way he did back then, I felt that his IPL campaign would not be a success and to be honest, my stand was vindicated. Of course, he has turned it all around spectacularly this season and props to him for that. And to be fair to myself again, I once called that Sachin’s form would be one of the deciding factors in MI’s fortunes this tournament and I have been proved right again.

Baaah Wicky thats Morriz' way of telling that he dont know jack about tontee-tontee ( to go with Taest Maatch ' date=' Von dayz , Umpyring, Geography, Sex .... yetcetra yetcetra yetcetra ) ... :headshake:[/quote'] I don’t know where to start man… If you’re a reasonable person with even some basic amount of intellect, you’d have probably figured out by now that your cheap-shots don’t bother me at all. But hey, have at it horse, keep coming up with your below-the-belt salvos. As long as it helps you get through your day/night. And sex? Whats that gotto do with anything? Now, I know you’re the type of dude who threatens to publish sex stories of the raunchy affairs you had with another member’s female relatives and in the past , you have gotten disgustingly vile with your sexual comments.. But to bring in sex in what’s essentially a cricketing discussion? How more low can you get.. ?

I watched a lot of IPL1 and Sachin did not look even half as composed and assured as he does today, in IPL 3. You can check his record in IPL 1 if you don’t trust me and his lack of consistent performances was one of the main reasons why Mumbai had such a horrific start to that season (Remember, they lost their first 4-5 matches in a row, before a late surge which ultimately proved futile). Just watching him bat the way he did back then, I felt that his IPL campaign would not be a success and to be honest, my stand was vindicated. Of course, he has turned it all around spectacularly this season and props to him for that. And to be fair to myself again, I once called that Sachin’s form would be one of the deciding factors in MI’s fortunes this tournament and I have been proved right again.
umm.. just to refresh your memory... Sachin was injured for the first 6 games of IPL1, and if i remember correctly we lost the first 4 matches of IPL1 on the trot. We had a run of 6 wins on the trot when sachin was in the team. Anyways, you had better excuse his batting of IPL1.. he was coming back from an injury (some speculate he was forced back without having fully recovered ) He was quite good in IPL2, top scorer for MI i think.. or second... Just to put things in perspective... He missed half of IPL1 due to an injury, and was crap in IPL2 apparently.. but he's one of the first few pplz to reach 1000 runs in IPL.

umm.. just to refresh your memory... Sachin was injured for the first 6 games of IPL1' date=' and if i remember correctly we lost the first 4 matches of IPL1 on the trot. We had a run of 6 wins on the trot when sachin was in the team.[b'] Anyways, you had better excuse his batting of IPL1.. he was coming back from an injury (some speculate he was forced back without having fully recovered ) He was quite good in IPL2, top scorer for MI i think.. or second... Just to put things in perspective... He missed half of IPL1 due to an injury, and was crap in IPL2 apparently.. but he's one of the first few pplz to reach 1000 runs in IPL.
And I am not debating any of that. Whatever the reasons be, form or fitness or otherwise, the truth is that Sachin has looked far more accomplished in this edition of IPL than has looked in the last two. And just to put things into perspective, Sachin is one of the first batsmen to score 1000 runs IPL and nearly 500 of those 1000 runs have come in this edition alone and we’re not even into the knockouts yet. So in effect, Sachin has scored as many runs in the league phase of IPL 3, as compared to his performance in the league+knockout phases of both IPL 1 and 2. That’s how good he has been, this year.

I don’t know where to start man… If you’re a reasonable person with even some basic amount of intellect, you’d have probably figured out by now that your cheap-shots don’t bother me at all. But hey, have at it horse, keep coming up with your below-the-belt salvos. As long as it helps you get through your day/night. And sex? Whats that gotto do with anything? Now, I know you’re the type of dude who threatens to publish sex stories of the raunchy affairs you had with another member’s female relatives and in the past , you have gotten disgustingly vile with your sexual comments.. But to bring in sex in what’s essentially a cricketing discussion? How more low can you get.. ?
It was a joke Morris