Vijay Centurion

Sachinism

mission accomplished - another test batsman spoilt... ps: well i'm enjoying it for csk.. :--D
he executed proper cricket strokes he's added a new dimension to his game and i'm pretty sure that cheeka will make him a regular in the indian team, all formats, after seeing him play like this might be the rare good one, if he comes in at the expense of rohit

It is one of those days you connect everything. But you gotta say he has been playing like that in the last 3 innings. He has played such innings in the Ranji few times. He is starting to evolve. Without looking ugly like Laxman he maintains his basic strokes which is a good thing.

People say that the IPL isn't good for unearthing talent, and then we see the pidgeon-holed Vijay do this. Superb innings, absolutely breathtaking hitting. Top stuff from Ojha too, but unfortunately in a near impossible cause.

I have been following Vijay's and Badri's career since they made debut for Tamilnadu. Vijay used to be one of the most boring batsman early in his career. But he used to be very dogged like Ashwell prince, Chanderpaul. He would often score 50 odd runs in 170, 200 balls. I think only in the last 2 seasons or so he showed some transformation. He has gone one step ahead in this IPL. Good growth. He never looked ugly or ungainly while playing any of his strokes. He may not always play like this. By nature he is not that kind of a player. But good to see this side of Vijay.

:two_thumbs_up: absolutely fantastic knock! Murali Vijays knock today was simply stunning, i would rate it greater than pathans! He has a great technique for all forms, and is a very clean striker and slogger with good tempremant Hate to say this but his batting reminded me of KP today for some reason!

:two_thumbs_up: absolutely fantastic knock! Murali Vijays knock today was simply stunning, i would rate it greater than pathans! He has a great technique for all forms, and is a very clean striker and slogger with good tempremant Hate to say this but his batting reminded me of KP today for some reason!
you mean keoron pollard or kevin peiterso:hmmm:n

DateLine: 9th October 2009 Murali Vijay continued his good form in the NKP Salve Challenger tournament as he cracked a flawless century to help India Red reach the final. He was well supported by Shikhar Dhawan with whom he added a dominating 155 runs for the first wicket as they subdued India Green. India Green in their 50 overs made 223 for the loss of seven wickets. India Red chased down the 224-run target within 40 overs to get the bonus point which put them straight into the final. Winning the toss and electing to bat, India Green could not up the tempo from the top. Tyagi and Patel combined to remove the top three batsmen to put the batting team in a spot of bother. Just when it seemed that India Green had lost the plot, Sourabh Tiwary and Anirudha Srikkanth came together to provide tempo for their team. It was the only period when the run-rate rose fractionally over the four-run mark as the pair added 74 in 14.1 overs. Tiwary mixed caution with aggression while Srikkanth provided him support. Green finally ended with a sub-par score off 223 in their 50 overs. Red, in reply, did not face any trouble in chasing down the target as they were blessed with a strong opening pair. Vijay and Dhawan did not allow the Green bowlers to settle down as they tore into the opposition bowling with ridiculous ease. With no real fast bowler in the rank, skipper Raina looked helpless as his bowlers were tonked around the park by both the openers. Even the spinners looked impotent in the face off such assault as Red won with more than ten overs to spare.
i particularly like this innings