The shabab and sharab culture in IPL nights party.

patriot

Govt bans cheergirls and liquor during IPL matches in Jaipur Press Trust Of India Jaipur, April 06, 2010 Print The state government today imposed a ban on the performance of Cheer Girls and serving of liquor during the three IPL matches to be held here starting with the clash between Kings XI Punjab and Rajasthan Royals tomorrow. The district collector had granted three IPL matches to the city on April 7th, 11th, and 14th on condition that there would be no scantily dressed cheer leaders and no liquor would be served inside the stadium during the matches. The state government today imposed the ban on cheer girls and liquor during IPL matches, besides banning fireworks and loud music after 10 PM (IST). RCA secretary Sanjay Dixit confirmed receiving the letter from the collector. "He has granted permission on the condition that there will be no cheer girls and no liquor would be served inside the stadium. He has also instructed that DJ or fire crackers would not be allowed after 10 pm," said Dixit. The group of cheer girls has already reached Jaipur and had performed in a city hotel. The moral brigade has long been gunning for banning the Cheer leaders and liquor because according to them it was not in accord with the Indian culture. The Union Sports Minister MS Gill had openly criticised the IPL for indecent dances of the scantily dressed cheer girls and also serving liquor inside the stadium.

^^^^^ Ok the pathetic Gehlot at it again I suppose .. I really hate these expired politicians who are still held back 30 years ... anyways these year no cheergirl has dressed up scantily ... but who is a state govt. to decide on what a private franchisee should do .. they are acting like @$$ Both of India's main parties Congress and BJP seems to be more interested in saving the so called culture. I would rather say bunch of hypocrites. Last year that Karntaka CM from BJP and this Rajasthan CM from Congress were saying about how clubs and malls are bad and against culture and blah blah... bunch of a**holes

^^^^^ ... but who is a state govt. to decide on what a private franchisee should do .. they are acting like @$$
Playing Devil's Advocate here: state govt doesnt decide what private franchisee should do, but they are responsible for law order at a public place. so if something happenst to cheer leaders or law and order fails state govt will be held to task not franchisees.

Guest Hiten.

I am sorry but for once I agree with the ban on cheer girls. 1) they have no ****ing idea about the game whatsoever, 2) the way the cameramen pan into the cheerleaders' moves is ridiculous and seems like we're watching some kinda bar dancing.

..with our Models walking the ramp in front of the firangi players after every game @ the IPL nights party. I find it, cheap cheap sucking up. As if to say....please India aate raho, ladkiyaan, daaru sab kuch behta hai. Humne bahut tarraki ki hai . Aapka swagat hai. Aao enjoy karo.
No rajiv' date=' but the way they glorify goriyas they certainly are making a point that our country is effing obssesed with white skin.[/quote'] Hi b_b your post hardly makes much sense in relation to the OP ... yaar you are taking it to a different angle ... I think the OP was not saying about obsession with white skin but about sharab and shabab and parties .. the models in the fashion shows and parties etc. are mainly Indian and a few foreign chicks too .. the players watching and enjoying the parties are both Indian as well as firangi .. they are simply the players of their teams thats it .. I agree that there is too much partying but then they are reducing glamour quotient at stadiums and increasing it at parties and so I dont find anything wrong in it .. and they have sold sponsorship and telecast rights and so makes a lot of business sense .. the parties are telecast everyday at 11 PM on MTV .. entertaining the players is not bad from a business perspective too as players would return year after year as it is money as well as aiyashi for them .. I hardly find anything wrong with that ... it is a private league and they have got every right to do whatever they want unless it is illegal etc.

I don't see any problem with the cheerleaders performing at the games. Its what the people want. And I wouldn't like to pay 5000Rs to watch a gay guy dancing with full clothes on whenever a boundary is hit. Its not fair to the people who purchase tickets, assuming the complete package of Sixes, Fours, Celebs and cheerleaders to be presented to them, given the HUGE amount they charge for the tickets in the first place. And well, if anyone has a problem with the cheerleaders and the bastardization of the after-match events, don't watch IPL Nights on MTV after 10pm. Turning on the channel to watch what you detest and then detesting what you see is hypocrisy. Self-moderation is a good way to please yourself. Its working for me. I don't watch IPL Nights on MTV. I even change the channel when I see it in the news. So no big deal. Don't like it, don't watch it. But don't expect the people to do what you say, coz clearly, they won't. :two_thumbs_up:

Govt bans cheergirls and liquor during IPL matches in Jaipur
Wonderful work guys. Why not keep the dance bars, illegitimate children you don't know of, free liquor extorted from a shop under your "almighty" authority, loud music at your gala political party meets and private performances from skimpily-clad women to yourself, Govt. of Rajasthan? :finger: Or should I say, Government of Taliban? :hmmm: I support the liquor ban, but cheerleading is too much. Why don't the politicians ban "naach-gaana" in their parties? Muppets. Edit: A few more points- 1. If the models have no problems with getting rammed by a jerk-off, how is it our business? 2. There is a crowd out there who like watching the cheerleaders. And they are a part of the majority. So we can change the channel when something offends us. 3. Colour is the top of our agenda, which is why we prefer watching the firangi DC cheerleaders to the Indian CSK ones. 4. Influence is an issue, but who are we to tell the youngsters whats right and wrong? This is not the way you get the younger lot to listen to you. You request them to. If they don't, its an individual problem.

I am sorry but for once I agree with the ban on cheer girls. 1) they have no ****ing idea about the game whatsoever' date=' 2) the way the cameramen pan into the cheerleaders' moves is ridiculous and seems like we're watching some kinda bar dancing.[/quote'] I dont agree because IPL is not only about cricket but about entertainment too .. it is more about cricketainment ... it is a private business and govt. does not have a damn ass thing to do with it .. cheergirls are increasing viewership and so they are used .. dont find anything wrong in that .. now BCCI is a tax paying body and not deemed as a beneficial organization and so I dont think govt. has any right to obstruct anything in the IPL unless it is illegal or violent .. do dikhta hai wo bikta hai .. anyways this year the cheerleaders are hardly wearing any scanty dresses .. it was only in IPL 1 that the cheerleaders' dress could have been called scanty .. this year I see cheerleaders wearing stocking leave apart anything else

Playing Devil's Advocate here: state govt doesnt decide what private franchisee should do, but they are responsible for law order at a public place. so if something happenst to cheer leaders or law and order fails state govt will be held to task not franchisees.
point taken maybe the govt. should be compensated for all the security and I agree with you on that

I dont agree because IPL is not only about cricket but about entertainment too .. it is more about cricketainment ... it is a private business and govt. does not have a damn ass thing to do with it .. cheergirls are increasing viewership and so they are used .. dont find anything wrong in that .. now BCCI is a tax paying body and not deemed as a beneficial organization and so I dont think govt. has any right to obstruct anything in the IPL unless it is illegal or violent .. do dikhta hai wo bikta hai .. anyways this year the cheerleaders are hardly wearing any scanty dresses .. it was only in IPL 1 that the cheerleaders' dress could have been called scanty .. this year I see cheerleaders wearing stocking leave apart anything else
Ahh. On the same page with me :two_thumbs_up:

I dont agree because IPL is not only about cricket but about entertainment too .. it is more about cricketainment ... it is a private business and govt. does not have a damn ass thing to do with it .. cheergirls are increasing viewership and so they are used .. dont find anything wrong in that .. now BCCI is a tax paying body and not deemed as a beneficial organization and so I dont think govt. has any right to obstruct anything in the IPL unless it is illegal or violent .. do dikhta hai wo bikta hai .. anyways this year the cheerleaders are hardly wearing any scanty dresses .. it was only in IPL 1 that the cheerleaders' dress could have been called scanty .. this year I see cheerleaders wearing stocking leave apart anything else
I am not for ban of cheerleaders or anything especially based on bullshit reasons like moral policing culture etc, but I don't agree with you that the govt has no right in obstructing anything in the IPL especially if you treat it as entertainment rather than cricket. Once you start billing it as entertainment than you will start bringing in all sorts of things like when other forms of entertainments like TV/ cinema have censors and certificates then why not for IPL ? It is like surrogate advertisement for alcohol in India. The problem thats becoming more and more obvious with IPL is apart from the over dose of ads, its coverage is foussing more on the entertainment factor and less on the cricket.

I am not for ban of cheerleaders or anything especially based on bullshit reasons like moral policing culture etc, but I don't agree with you that the govt has no right in obstructing anything in the IPL especially if you treat it as entertainment rather than cricket. Once you start billing it as entertainment than you will start bringing in all sorts of things like when other forms of entertainments like TV/ cinema have censors and certificates then why not for IPL ? It is like surrogate advertisement for alcohol in India. The problem thats becoming more and more obvious with IPL is apart from the over dose of ads, its coverage is foussing more on the entertainment factor and less on the cricket.
Partially agree with the first para. Do not with the 2nd. Coz majority of the people in India prefer this form of cricket to 5 days of a borefest. And ads are what it comes bundled along with. So yeah, we've gotta take it as it comes.

IPL is mainly business and nothing else to be frank. Entertainment and Cricket are both part of it. Dont see anything wrong with it. Regarding censorship, how is mini skirts etc. worn by cheerleaders to be censored ... leave apart movies even every TV serial in India has girls in miniskirts and sometimes even bikinis .. the censor board is not opposing it .. I agree that sex is becoming more open nowadays in India from movies to TV to IPL but then you expect that with development in a democracy .. I have no problem till it is within the limits .. as I said previously too I would not prefer people becoming naturalist and running naked in the streets but some sort of openness is fine

Coz majority of the people in India prefer this form of cricket to 5 days of a borefest. And ads are what it comes bundled along with. So yeah' date=' we've gotta take it as it comes.[/quote'] Achilles - I've absolutely no problem with the format of the game, but to say yes we are happy to watch cricket in between ads, sorry.

Achilles - I've absolutely no problem with the format of the game' date=' but to say yes we are happy to watch cricket in between ads, sorry.[/quote'] I'm not either. But I've learnt to look beyond it. Coz I know that I can't really do anything about it. So I spare myself the thought of being nagged by it. :two_thumbs_up: On a personal note, I don't allow it to get to me. I laugh every bloody time they show the Akshay Kumar ad and remember what Ian Bishop had said in his typically Carrib accent during commentary when he saw the ad on the big screen - "What is wrong with this man?" :hysterical: