The shabab and sharab culture in IPL nights party.

patriot

..with our Models walking the ramp in front of the firangi players after every game @ the IPL nights party. I find it, cheap cheap sucking up. As if to say....please India aate raho, ladkiyaan, daaru sab kuch behta hai. Humne bahut tarraki ki hai . Aapka swagat hai. Aao enjoy karo.

Well the models are getting paid and the designers are getting publicity, so it is more of a win-win for everyone, but I do agree that having this tamasha after every game sounds like a little too much.

Guest Hiten.

No rajiv, but the way they glorify goriyas they certainly are making a point that our country is effing obssesed with white skin.

U know, we are really hypocrites....since whenever we have been "foreign" obsessed and that starts from material to migration. There has always been an obsession with gora skin, an association seems to give pride and what these chicks are doing is ur newest version. I dont understand which part hurts the most? I agree on this though

Well the models are getting paid and the designers are getting publicity' date=' so it is more of a win-win for everyone, but I do agree that having this tamasha [b']after every game sounds like a little too much.

There's nothing to be hurt about, its programmed in the genes. Babies prefer white dolls to darker ones but we dont call them racist. Fair & Lovely sells by the millions every year as well. Obsession with skin color is just one of the obsessions, the overall physique, the hair, the clothing are others. No amount of education will change the reality that mankind finds fairer skin more attractive on an average. We just need to find a middle road in terms of whats acceptable socially as well as commercially.

White skin has always been glorified in India since ages, so many songs have been sung about 'gora rang' and also remember Mehmood in the song 'hume kalay ho toh kya hua dilwala hain" :winky: what about "fair & lovely' face cream :giggle:
It worked on him 18661126611898432815703.jpg

In India...cricket is the only sport we play internationally in which we are well known and followed by masses...hence cricketers are given Royal treatment off field. I always heard of parties, sharab, shabab ever since India started doing well in int'l cricket. Days of Pataudi, Amarnath, Roger Binny...parties, women, alcohol were all part of the "culture" ......the difference is nowadays its widely accepted and published but back then it was not published as much.

No rajiv' date=' but the way they glorify goriyas they certainly are making a point that our country is effing obssesed with white skin.[/quote'] Are we not obsessed with the white skin? ask your self this question and the answer is within you

true' date=' two classic examples are of popular movie stars Mithun marrying Yogeeta bali & [b']Rajnikanth marrying a fair skinned woman.
How about Latha Rajnikanth marrying a black guy? :hmmm: Are you saying that if you are black you shouldn't marry / aspire to marry a fair skinned woman?

I wouldn't say white skin alone. I am pretty sure they provided same hospitality to Bravo and POllard. Neena Gupta was more than hospitable to Ricahrds. You guys think our people would not have done anything to attract Michael Jackson. It is irrefutable truth we prefer fair skinned. But that is not what going on. We are merely influenced by American culture more than the most.

Corrected
Actually western = American. The phrase they use, the words they use they are all straight from the American hood. It is easy to see why that happens. 1) Hollywood movies . 2) Call centers, IT industry tie up between USA and India 3) American music to some extent. Although in this respect Indians follow brit pop as well. Over all there is significance influence on us from USA. Next big thing that we are inheriting from americans is "unhealthy eating".