Is there actually a bias AGAINST the South Zone in IPL?

achilles

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: @ flamy

thread :fail: Pune/Mumbai - same state All other teams - different state End of discussion
From a cricket perspective that's not really relevant because Maharashtra and Bombay are different teams in domestic cricket. But, yeah, basically it's the decision of the franchise where they want to put there money in and personally I am bit skeptical about both Pune and Cochin. Not so much from a business perspective, but because there will be very minimal local player representation, if at all.

Pune & Mumbai are poles apart, if you consider the cultural aspect. Mumbai is cosmo, while Pune is the cultural hub of Maharashtra. I believe that Pune getting an IPL franchise was always in the making. But Kochi getting one was not.

Pune & Mumbai are poles apart, if you consider the cultural aspect. Mumbai is cosmo, while Pune is the cultural hub of Maharashtra. I believe that Pune getting an IPL franchise was always in the making. But Kochi getting one was not.
Pune and Mumbai are culturally poles apart and need their own team, whereas Kochi/Chennai/Bengaluru/Deccan all those vada/sambar hogging lungiwalas are exactly the same and can actually do away with one team or preferably no team at all. :hysterical: PS: for further clarification, visit flamy's poll (not pole) above.

You dont know sh!t about south, you :fail: People of Pune has a team to support now, but people of Kerala has no team to support. Put some effort to learn more abt south before you start whinging.

^ Well, the same can be said about your views as well. But lets leave it at that.

Pune and Mumbai are culturally poles apart and need their own team, whereas Kochi/Chennai/Bengaluru/Deccan all those vada/sambar hogging lungiwalas are exactly the same and can actually do away with one team or preferably no team at all. :hysterical: PS: for further clarification, visit flamy's poll (not pole) above.
:hysterical: