Avengers: The film

Sooda

I hate when they show India and all the slum, poverty and people begging on the streets... on topic: In case people wondering the amount of time/space on screen shared by each Avenger {Possible spoilers}{Possible spoilers} Hawkeye: 12:44 [it's no surprise that Jeremy Renner's assassin was the recipient of the least screen time. His talent involves being a really good archer with a really awesome collapsible bow and really explosive arrows. His longest scene (2:40) is a conversation with Black Widow following a brawl between the two of them.] Thor: 25:52 [Chris Hemsworth gets more than his share of hitting people moments, yet is limited to only one extended dialogue scene a 2:13-long conversation with brother Loki atop a mountain at night.] Bruce Banner: 28:03 [if you're combining the double-duty Mark Ruffalo pulls as both Banner and the Hulk (and you really ought to, since the actor donned a motion-capture suit to play the latter). Still, Ruffalo's unchanged mug gets 20:29 minutes of screen time, which is more than is afforded Renner.] Black Widow: 33:35 [The most surprising thing to emerge from our little experiment was the fact that Scarlett Johansson's three-point landing super-assassin got the third-most screen time of all the superheroes. In fact, she got the most unbroken dialogue scenes of any of the six: her introductory interrogation scene (3:14); recruiting Banner in the slums (2:49); a face-off on the Helicarrier with Loki (3:30); and a conversation with Hawkeye following their fight (2:40).] Iron Man: 37:01 [Not surprising, given the manner in which the Downey Jr. one-liner has become the most reliable part of a Marvel movie. His Tony Stark also gets several extended dialogue scenes: particularly one with Pepper Potts and Agent Coulson (4:48), and another with Loki right before the film's third-act battle scene (3:52)] Captain America: 37:42 [He squeaks by Iron Man, which makes sense, since much of the film's internal debate about selfishness versus selflessness occurs between Chris Evans's Cap and Downey's Stark. He shares substantial scenes with almost every character and is one of the last faces we see on screen, as he rides off on his motorcycle.]
This is interesting, and the black widow fact is a bit of a surprise, but thinking about the number of scenes she gets to be in it makes sense. Still think Hawkeye is one of the coolest though he does not get to do so much. Probably the most charismatic after Stark. In terms of acting ability I would say Hemsworth is the least capable of the lot, makes a good Thor though.

That's a flaw ... nonetheless.
Dude, more than 50% of conversations happening in Kolkata happen in hindi. Its not like Chennai. All our conversations over cricket in different mohallas were all in hidni with just a sprinkling of bengali

I know a lot of us where upset with how India was portrayed but would it make the same impact if they showed Bruce Banner working as an on-site doctor for Infosys or Wipro...cmon now. And people getting upset over Hindi being used instead of Bengali....Atleast better than some 2 kaudi ka anchor making fun of south Indian languages by speaking Gibberish

Dude' date=' more than 50% of conversations happening in Kolkata happen in hindi. [b']Its not like Chennai. All our conversations over cricket in different mohallas were all in hidni with just a sprinkling of bengali
What about Kerala? :phehehe:

What about Kerala? :phehehe:
Difference between chennai and kerala is that in kerela though people do not speak other language much, they are not discriminated against and looked down upon for speaking a different language. Mallus have bigger hearts. But in Chennai people are completely looked down upon and heavily discriminated if they speak in hindi

Nitpicking about which language should be appropriate in the Calcutta scene? Does not make any difference! Reminds me of a true incident when Neil Tyson (famous astrophysicist) confronted James Cameron about the wrongly depicted night sky in Titanic. Tyson obviously could not come up with a more wittier reply. However, to Tyson's credit, Cameron did fix the sky later when the movie got a special DVD release. May be, Saurav can write a letter to Joss Whedon, and ask him to include Bengali as the more appropriate language in the Avengers' scene! :D
Not nitpicking Tdigi, it's just a matter of representation. If you look at the scene, their art direction is quite accurate; they even got some graffiti on a wall written in Bengali. I often deal at a personal level with firang producers/productions in India, and most of them have a very limited understanding of the plurality of the country. Would be nice if they take note of it, and get these basic things right. And in film-making, the god is in the details. Regarding the example you sighted, Cameron gave a smartass reply just because he knew he was wrong. Filmmakers cringe when they see a pan or a track going wrong in their film, and a technical perfectionist like Cameron must have had sleepless nights over it. That is the main reason he got it corrected in the DVD. If Joss Whedon knows what I am talking about in 'The Avengers'; he'll :whack: some of his ADs and will be dying to correct it. P.S. When Ang Lee was recently shooting 'Life of Pi' in Pondicherry, you have to see how he was noting down the details. I am looking forward to it now to see the detailing. I think I'll take your suggestion and write that mail to Whedon :D

Dude' date=' more than 50% of conversations happening in Kolkata happen in hindi. Its not like Chennai. All our conversations over cricket in different mohallas were all in hidni with just a sprinkling of bengali[/quote'] Yeah right. All the bokachoda bangali addabaaj chhelera spheak in their accented Hindi and forsake Bengali! :hysterical: You are really knowledgeable about Kolkata it seems :giggle:

I know a lot of us where upset with how India was portrayed but would it make the same impact if they showed Bruce Banner working as an on-site doctor for Infosys or Wipro...cmon now. And people getting upset over Hindi being used instead of Bengali....Atleast better than some 2 kaudi ka anchor making fun of south Indian languages by speaking Gibberish
Arey no one is upset ... just pointing out an aspect that could have better.

Not nitpicking Tdigi, it's just a matter of representation. If you look at the scene, their art direction is quite accurate; they even got some graffiti on a wall written in Bengali. I often deal at a personal level with firang producers/productions in India, and most of them have a very limited understanding of the plurality of the country. Would be nice if they take note of it, and get these basic things right. And in film-making, the god is in the details. Regarding the example you sighted, Cameron gave a smartass reply just because he knew he was wrong. Filmmakers cringe when they see a pan or a track going wrong in their film, and a technical perfectionist like Cameron must have had sleepless nights over it. That is the main reason he got it corrected in the DVD. If Joss Whedon knows what I am talking about in 'The Avengers'; he'll :whack: some of his ADs and will be dying to correct it. P.S. When Ang Lee was recently shooting 'Life of Pi' in Pondicherry, you have to see how he was noting down the details. I am looking forward to it now to see the detailing. I think I'll take your suggestion and write that mail to Whedon :D
To further show how much of effort these guy put in attention to details t8k0e.jpg