Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

Thanks! :dance: Just joined my new job so couldn't risk loitering around ICF for a few days:winky: It was frustrating since I could see some very interesting arguments on the Sehwag vs Sachin threads but couldn't reply to those:((
Your mistake. Who told you to do a job? Baap/Husband ka paisa FTW :P :dance: Desi Boyz: Agree with Monisha. 5/10 at best.

but don't forget that holocaust was one of the worst chapters in our (mankind) history .... I don't know why but there is something about Israel that attracts me. may be it is the spirit of that country there is a graphic novel called "maus" which is based on the life of a Jew during that period. It is one of my favs books
Agree I admire Isreal too...being a small country,Surrounded by enemies on all sides and prospering the way they did while maintaing their identity is truly :hail: but there are similar if not more gruesome incidents which are not highlighted a lot in the pop culture.... for eg the conditions of the ships that brought slaves from Africa to N.America and the way the slaves were treated until the mid-20th century. The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and it's aftermath If we go a little further back in history the Arab conquests were pretty bloddy, Portugese rule in Goa Ethnic cleansing in Rwanda Mass killings and forced evictions in Uganda under Idi amin Hell infact the partition probably saw more ethnic cleansing than the holocaust I understand that Holocaust is a darkest chapter in their long history for jewish people and most of the hollywood is owned by them but I do agree that sometimes it is over-sold as the worst thing ever to happen to mankind. I am not trying to down-play their struggle or what happened to them in those times but it is time people are made aware of other human brutalities too through media.

Saw The Dirty Picture 5/10 Strictly ok, one time watch. I can understand that fat guys are heroes in the South. Mamoothy, Elephant Swamy, Obese Teddy Hassan and the kind. But come on, how can an overweight fatso she rhinoceros pass off a sex symbol in the South??? Ewwww.....:sick: South Indian male ICFers have some explaining to do here. Your stock has fallen steeply. :acute:
I am glad you look beyond the male-stripper types who are of 90% of New bollywood actors ... These fat oily south heroes can run circles(no pun intended) around most of the so called bollywood hunks in terms of acting.yes,it is embarassing to watch them run around trees but sometimes you have to cater to the massess. As far as Vidya Balan or even Silk Smitha was concerned,most Indian men like meat on their woman and that is a fact....These anorexic,haddi-ki-dukaan,skanky models are just :sick: Look at western-paparazzi go all crazy for a talentless-hack Kim Kardashian whose claim to fame is that she is kinda meaty....there are scores of skanks out there but who can forget Dolly Parton who is one of their biggest sex symbols or even marilyn monroe who was not exactly an anorexic type. Even Sridevi,Jayaprada were not your typical skinny skanks but see how far they made it in south as well as bollywood. I am sure even Silk Smitha would have been a better actress than Kareena Kapoor etc etc:winky:

@Maniac316: I fully agree with you, when you say that in South India acting skills are directly proportional to body weight. I am not even contesting that!!! I also understand that Indian guys like flesh on their women, but most of the South Indian 'sex symbols' are more than that. They are fat. By any metric. BMI or just waist size or whatever. Silk Smitha, Hansika etc. You are just obfuscating the evident by bringing in non sequiturs like acting skills. Since when were acting skills necessary to be a good sex symbol/ item girl? There is some middle ground between being anorexic and being obese, don't you think so?

As far as Vidya Balan or even Silk Smitha was concerned,most Indian men like meat on their woman and that is a fact....These anorexic,haddi-ki-dukaan,skanky models are just :sick:
Well said man... need some cushion for the pushin. :desiman:

Rascals 7/10 good comedy one of the best in 2011
Dude? No really dude? Thats one of the worst movies ever made. I was in Jaipur then and went to the 'Raj Mandir' theater just for the experience. There were so many foreigners there and I was sad thinking that their only experience of a bollywood movie would be this complete cr@p. Anyway, walked out at half-time

Desi boyz : what a pathetic movie' date=' without any logic and sense, the only thing that made me lol was when I told my friends that this is actually better than chandni chowk to china[/quote'] Its is your fault that you expect "sense" and "logic" in a movie featuring Akshay Kumar.

Dude? No really dude? Thats one of the worst movies ever made. I was in Jaipur then and went to the 'Raj Mandir' theater just for the experience. There were so many foreigners there and I was sad thinking that their only experience of a bollywood movie would be this complete cr@p. Anyway' date=' walked out at half-time[/quote'] Raj Mandir = :heart: One of the times I'd gone to Jaipur, Raj Mandir was celebrating 30 years of operational excellence (their words). So we bought tickets for a 45 min documentary at Raj Mandir on Raj Mandir. It was fun. Spot light would fall on an unsuspecting member of the audience and the PA would announce that " Brezhnev sat here when he was crying watching Ganga Jamuna Saraswati or stg" , "this was Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's favourite box" etc. And a lot of funny anecdotes involving these people at Raj Mandir. The leader of Indonesia hired the whole of Raj Mandir for a week so that he could see all the episodes of the Mahabharat tele-serial there. The place has so much history. After this we went to a regular multiplex to watch the movie "Gangster". :P

Finally watched Munich......enjoyed it. 8/10 A very looooooooong movie though. :blink:
I saw Munich too. Loved the Englischergarten :winky: Lots of interesting things were happening there, unfortunately I had to pretend that I saw none of it. Loved the nymphenburg palace scene too. 10/10