Mosque near ground zero

Clarke

I just read the whole thread and some of the posts are just disgustingg......Can some of you guys please f*&*&*&g cut this abusiveness against muslims folks..Can't we guys debate like civillized people....Why do you guys forget that we have a large Indian muslim population and some of the posts are really degretory and offensive to their religion.. seriously some of the comments make me wonder how do our Indian muslim brothers take down all this cr@p from all these wannabees Bal Thackreyss...
dont be so sensitive. And if words on the internet, make you disgusting then check the real world, people use these words are in regular conversations. Maybe explain the meaning of civilized people to the large muslim population. And if you do not agree with some comments, say your reasons rather teaching us that we should not comment based on it is uncivilized according to your to comment on muslims

Olbermann is the Beck/Hannity/Limbaugh of the Left, so Its very difficult to take him seriously. For a more saner rebuttal, its better to watch Rachel Maddow. She essentially makes all the good points that Olbermann makes, but without all the exaggerations and hyperboles. Of course, this issue is just another shining light of classic GoP hypocrisy. Every time the issue of gun control comes up, they swear by the 2nd amendment, but want to rip apart the 14th amendment of the same constitution. Every time the Democrats want to pass a new funding bill that will save 10s of 1000s of teacher/firefighter jobs all over the country, they vote against it crying wolf over the budget deficit, but want to extend the Bush tax-cuts for families making over $2,50,000/year that are set to expire this year (which alone, contributes to 33% of the deficit). They whipped up the paranoia and during the healthcare debate and complained about the big govt., even as they stood silently and watched as Bush systematically destroyed the entire idea of individual rights/privacy, with his warrantless wire-tapping, indefinite detentions etc, after 9/11. They swear by the three branches of govt. when it is convenient for them, but when a Judge overturns California’s decision to outlaw gay marriages, they say it’s the judiciary superceding the will of the people. I have seen shameless hypocrites before, but none like these guys.. But on this topic itself, what I find most amusing is that it seems like you can only take two positions on this issue – Either you’re am clearly in support of the construction of the mosque, or you’re completely against it. I think there’s a third position – Yes, in principle, I do support the Muslims’ (or for that matter Christians, Jew, Hindus) right to build a place of worship wherever they choose, but considering the circumstances, the people who are behind this whole project should have been aware of the controversies it would cause and stayed away it.

You willing to listen to the rebuttal ? I suspect not. But if you do then lets just cut to the very last statement by Oberman ... "We need to stand up ....." do you know what you or him are standing up for ? Go take a look at 3:85 If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter He will be in the ranks of those who have lost (All spiritual good). very "American" ehhh yoda ?
^So what? I'm sure the Bible says if you do not accept Christ as your saviour you will burn in hell. And he is "standing up" for religious tolerance and the First Constitution not Islam.
"He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:16 RSV) Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 RSV)

not if you go by what they have posted here.
Hmm. I'm against bashing everyone with the same leash. Its not as if every Hindu was a supporter of the Babri Masjid being demolished and its not as if every Muslim walks around with an AK-47, with the term, "I kill for a living" written on his shirt.

And 3:85 was just one pidly sample ... there is more ... somehow doubt the "liberals" have enough morals to even take look.
Liberals have no morals - you sound like Sarah Palin :giggle: Just curious, have you been to a tea party?

once Again .... Well then ... Iam sure there will be a response to my questions anytime this decade by the resident "liberrals" starting with you ... Heres a full list of acts that you implicitly acknowledge and support once you say you stand behind this ideology ... http://indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=467552&postcount=53
Just because I acknowledge someone's right to follow their religion, it doesn't mean I accept everything that religion says. If I did I would be following that religion. :hysterical:

The Democrats, as usual, have been such wimps on this issue. Rather than take all the partisan rhetoric head on and reposing their faith in the first amendment and America’s commitment to freedom of religion, they doddled and doddled till the entire issue has been defined by the opposition. This was a golden chance for the Dems to be brave and talk directly to the American people and them that the republicans are going against the very grain of this country by treading on other peoples’ first amendment rights, but they blew it in fear of a mid-term election. If that wasn’t enough, of all people, Democratic Senate majority leader Harry Reid has now expressed his ‘doubts’ over the mosque, probably trying to neutralize the views of his tea-party loonie-tunes opposition candidate in the coming senate race in Nevada, Sharon Angle. As much as GoP is the biggest group of hypocrites, Dems are the biggest pussies ever. On each and every issue since the 2008 election, they caved into the opposition and helped them gain strength, even though it was them who had the moral high ground.

I thought the guy in that video was exhorting us to standing up against in-tolerrance no ? If so how does it make anyone who says this ideology is BS an intolerant person (especially when there is sh!t loads of real evidence to go with it ) PS: I see the smilies are starting to come out already ehhh ?
We are not discussing the merits of an ideology, we are discussing the US constitution and laws which allow for freedom of religion no matter much how much BS that religion purports, as long as it not illegal. PS: Similey added just for fun :hehe:

The republicans are thinking the whole mosque issue is a great way to score some political points before the mid-term elections in November. And that might well be right, but what they don’t realize is how more and more, they’re getting out of touch with America’s electorate. America might have been a right-leaning, Christian nation a long time ago, but its now truly a multi-religious, multi-ethnic, multi-racial society that is now solidly middle and get more left as time goes on. Already, the republicans have antagonized the entire Latino community with their racist anti-immigration law in Arizona. They then turned their attention to black people by calling Obama’s healthcare/tax plan a form of reparations for slavery. They’re now turning their attention to Muslims. Even as the country is gradually shifting to the left, the Republicans, ably stewarded by folksy language speaking, Hockey-momish, Grizzly Bear Sarah Palin, are on a 100m dash to the right.

We are not discussing the merits of an ideology' date=' [b']we are discussing the US constitution and laws which allow for freedom of religion no matter much how much BS that religion purports, as long as it not illegal. PS: Similey added just for fun :hehe:
:whack: Read the first post of the thread, nowhere is anyone talking of the constitution, its plain simple sensitivities. Its ridiculous that it is a political matter now and gets an exorbitant amount of coverage. Marris, the plain fact of the matter is that the people will not change their views on this; 9/11 to America is the biggest attack since Pearl Harbor, it hit the country like nothing else. No amount of appealing from the President is gonna change the view of the people. The most sensible thing for Obama was to stay away from this, any position he was to take could be attacked upon by the left or the right.

:whack: Read the first post of the thread, nowhere is anyone talking of the constitution, its plain simple sensitivities. Its ridiculous that it is a political matter now and gets an exorbitant amount of coverage.
We are discussing the video of Keith oberman, not the first post of the thread. Have you watched the video? It's a good one. It explains a lot of myth about this building and why all the objections raised are all total BS.

i hope keith olbermann feels the same way about the cause of gay people who want to build a gay bar next to this community center.
If you had watched the video you would have realized that this building is not facing or next to ground zero and there is already an islamic place of worship facing ground zero from before WTC times.