With Selectors Like These We Should Kiss the WorldCup,Asia Cup Good Bye

CG

In that case' date=' the scenario is very gloomy. I mean i can't see Nehra and Zak, spearheading the Indian attack in WC and helping in winning matches. For time pass it's okay but this attacked is doomed in these ICC events..[/quote'] I am sorry but they have lead the attack for 1 year already and have done well. See we are no.2 with them. And it is not like we have any better alternatives left then people are getting angry at the selectors

It is a happy coincidence that my first post is defending bowlers :) Under the given scarcity of resources we have no choice but to turn back to blokes like Nehra..Ishant,Sreesanth and R.P needs to be mentored..I mean you need to hide them on Indian pitches and unleash them on bowler friendly foreign tours...If its issues like Temperament, attitude etc, this is precisely where the board steps in to help them out..But that hasnt been the case so far...Im pretty impressed with Umesh Yadav who has the heart and shoulder strength to bowl at early 140ks ..This kid can hurry a few good batsman on pitches with good carry..But Dinda i think lacks a bit of variation and needs to develop..He is Mohd Sami kind of bowler without the same pace...but not exactly a headless chicken :) It still takes a lot out of you to bowl 6 balls of 140 plus on indian surface and do that for 4 or 5 overs..hence I have a lot of respect for anyone who does that consistently and with direction All in all, as far as the selection is concerned I think it was the most obvious isnt it?

Exactly. Nehra is the best of a bad lot. Don't care if people don't like him' date=' his performances have been better than the rest[/quote'] its a MYTH that his performances have been better in fact it has been worse.he take the new ball and is not able to take wickets.gets some wickets at death overs when batsman are slogging and keeps his place.Also How many matches he ha slost us many i say.
Yadav was crap in Zim.clearly hes not ready for intl. cricket yet.
he was not crap,he bowled consistenly in 138-144km/h and even in second spell in first 2 matches touched 142km/h .last match he looked jaded .other than that great prospect.
he was not crap' date='he bowled consistenly in 138-144km/h and even in second spell in first 2 matches touched 142km/h .last match he looked jaded .other than that great prospect.[/quote'] where did i say he wasnt quick enuf?but he bowled short all the time n had no variations at all.cant swing it away too
where did i say he wasnt quick enuf?but he bowled short all the time n had no variations at all.cant swing it away too
Was there any swing from other bowlers in the tournament when they bowled second?No The pitches were flattened out in the second innings,You had to bowl back of a length. Its Just His First tourney and he is dropped now
Was there any swing from other bowlers in the tournament when they bowled second?No The pitches were flattened out in the second innings,You had to bowl back of a length. Its Just His First tourney and he is dropped now
yes Dinda was swinging it agaiinst SL.n Kulasakera regularly swung the new ball. what about variations?does he have any slower ball.can he bowl a yorker.i didnt see that at all
yes Dinda was swinging it agaiinst SL.n Kulasakera regularly swung the new ball. what about variations?does he have any slower ball.can he bowl a yorker.i didnt see that at all
It was mostly in the morning Yadav Bowled well when we bowled First Against srilanka initially.Also he does have a slower ball as he showed in the ipl may be he yet to have the confidence to try it in the big stage
It was mostly in the morning Yadav Bowled well when we bowled First Against srilanka initially.Also he does have a slower ball as he showed in the ipl may be he yet to have the confidence to try it in the big stage
in that game,he went for 61 n picked up a wicket right at the end,was that his best effort?