Longest Tennis match ever !

Bumblebee

LONDON: Play was suspended on Wednesday in the longest tennis match ever played as France's Nicolas Mahut and John Isner of the United States came off court at 59-59 in the final set at Wimbledon. "Nothing like this will ever happen again, ever," said an exhausted Isner. "I don't know what to say." Isner had match point at 59-58, but Mahut fired down an ace to take it back to deuce, before going on to win the game. At 59-59 and 9:10pm (1910 GMT) with the light fading fast, match officials tried to suspend play, though Isner wanted to carry on. Spectators yelled "We want more" on Court 18. "Ladies and gentlemen, due to darkness, play is suspended," the umpire announced. A drained Mahut said: "We played for too long, I don't know how many hours we played." http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Sports/Events-Tournaments/Wimbledon/Top-stories/Longest-ever-match-suspended-at-59-59-in-final-set/articleshow/6084043.cms WTFFFFFF :WTF::WTF::WTF::WTF:

I watched it all the way till 59-59. Isner wanted to continue playing' date=' but Mahut didnt so they suspended play. Its a 1200 BST start, so 4.30pm India time. Its a pity they still have to continue playing on Court 18.[/quote'] Thanks. :)

The most awesome part is not just the 59-59 score line or even the other array of amazin stats like both of them have 90+ aces, but the fact that they were still playing high quality tennis even at that point. Some where around 57-58 they had a 17 shot rally for a point. Imagine Mahut has served 50+ games in the last set knowing that a break of serve would mean he loses the match. That requires some amazing metal strength.