Gasoline Questions:

Lurker

Re: Gasoline Questions:

Sold off my car a couple of months ago. Was hardly using it for more than a year. No gas prices/insurance/parking headaches anymore. :wtg:
How are you commuting to work , grocery etc now ?
Subway, biking, walking, and bus. Do rent out a car every other weekend or so for skiing/hiking etc. though. Was paying $150 for parking and another $100 for insurance per month and the only time I used to take my car out was on the weekend.

Re: Gasoline Questions:

Sold off my car a couple of months ago. Was hardly using it for more than a year. No gas prices/insurance/parking headaches anymore. :wtg:
How are you commuting to work , grocery etc now ?
Subway, biking, walking, and bus. Do rent out a car every other weekend or so for skiing/hiking etc. though. Was paying $150 for parking and another $100 for insurance per month and the only time I used to take my car out was on the weekend.
Sking and Hiking sounds fun. I wish I could do that more often.

Re: Gasoline Questions: Currently its 89.9 Pence per litre in my area Glasgow UK. Which is roughly $1.80 per litre so per Gallon wud be $7.20 talk about RIP OFF. Cheapest I ever bought was 47 cents per litre in Canada which is 1.25$ per gallon very NICE!! I dont really use my dads car much. Use my bike for all sorts of transportation to work, university etc. I'm gonna buy a bike soon a DUCATI 999 so, i reckon that will save some money.

Guest dada_rocks

Re: Gasoline Questions: hate driving and it's canada anyway no need to drive top-notch public transport is in place.......bibi se poochhana parega gas ke price ke bare mein... mujhe kuchh nahin pata

What a difference a year makes. Gas price is now 3:25 in Phoenix, and I was complaining at 2.75 a gallon last year. Also proved myself to be a liar. Thought I would end up on a bike if it crosses 3.25, well it already has and now I will shamelessly drive to Costco to get discount gasoline, even that would be above !$3.25. All hail mother effer George Bush!!!

Well, I officially welcome you all to the world of realistic fuel prices. The times of dirt cheap petrol/diesel are over. To think that America, not so long ago, sold petrol for just $2 a gallon is ludicrous ! Honestly, I dont mind this one bit at all. The higher the prices, the faster the race will be, towards cheaper, greener alternatives. So, if you think you are paying too much money for gas, console yourself that you are actually doing your bit for the environment.

Honestly, I dont mind this one bit at all. The higher the prices, the faster the race will be, towards cheaper, greener alternatives. So, if you think you are paying too much money for gas, console yourself that you are actually doing your bit for the environment.
I highly doubt that. Just who is going the make that race? India and China, as two emerging powers, had the best oppertunity. They could have chose to go their own route and not kowtow to whole fossil fuel bandwagon but they did not. In fact their emergence has only added to the woe. Europeans will hardly give a damn, they have been paying through their ar$e for decades now anyway. So that leaves USA and a) USA will continue to have uninterrupted supply to Mid East oil even if normal Americans get streamrolled. b) American oil companies will ensure their interests shall be taken care of lobbyists. I dont really see much hope really. When it comes to gasoline prices I suppose the adage - What goes up comes down - is not true.

I highly doubt that. Just who is going the make that race? India and China, as two emerging powers, had the best oppertunity. They could have chose to go their own route and not kowtow to whole fossil fuel bandwagon but they did not. In fact their emergence has only added to the woe. Europeans will hardly give a damn, they have been paying through their ar for decades now anyway. So that leaves USA and a) USA will continue to have uninterrupted supply to Mid East oil even if normal Americans get streamrolled. b) American oil companies will ensure their interests shall be taken care of lobbyists. I dont really see much hope really. When it comes to gasoline prices I suppose the adage - What goes up comes down - is not true.
Ironically, the push for alternatives will actually come for the Oil companies themselves. And its not they have a wonderfully magnanimous, but they know their long term survivability as multi-billion enterprises hinge on their ability to make the transition from oil-based energy firms to companies that rely mostly on revenue from non-conventional fuels. You will be surprised to know that the world's leading investors of non-conventional technologies are Oil behemoths like British Petroleum and Chevron. Very soon, most of the regular production cars will be either fully electric of atleast hybrid. More and more houses will be powered natural sources of energy. It has to happen, we have no choice.

1. 2.95-3.25/gallon 2. Lowest paid was 87-88 cents in 1995 in FL; everyone was cribbing when gas prices hit $1.00/gallon in Florida:omg: 3. Highest 3.5 in CA Lurker, if its any comfort; gas prices are still the cheapest in USA ; I have a Honda Accord and was whining to my bro-in-law when i had to pay $40 to fill it up. He just smiled and said it takes him $80 worth in Holland on a good day:omg:

ok kinda off topic' date=' but does using "super" and opposed to using "regular" gas gives you more mileage/gallon ?......meaning that in the end it costs you the same weather you get regular or super?[/quote'] Always follow the owners manual. If your car owners manual says use regular, super wont do any good. If it says use a particular Octane Rating, then go for it.

I don't understand why people get so worked up about gas prices, it goes up like 2 cents and people start worrying a lot, there are so many price increases but when it comes to gas, its get touchy You pay $60 for gas, you now pay $63..I mean I don't find it really shocking

It cost me $2.87 at Hess yesterday. Gas prices in NY are f*cking ridiculous. In many parts of LI, you can easily pay upwards of $2.95 at most gas stations. Of course, i can't get anywhere without a car so i'll continue to be suckered.
You live in NY and you can't get anywhere w/oa car ?

3.03 -3.10. in NJ. It has never crossed 3.50 here. When I moved from Cal to NJ in 1997, the regular gas price in CA was about the same as Super here in NJ. I think it is about 3.40 for Super in NJ. Lowest I have paid is .90 in 1996. Can't do without a car here in suburban NJ.