Should Rahul Dravid retire now???

^Dont go by the pitches they produced against Saffers or Aus. Whenever India gets there' date=' suddenly they manage loads of Green grass from no where. Pitches will be green, watchout.[/quote'] They tried the same tactics last time as well, lost the first test miserably on a grassy pitch and then prepared two compratively easier wickets. We had a chance in both the tests but let the saffers off the hook at crucial points during the tests to lose 2-1. If they repeat the same mistake again, Zak, Ishant, Sree and hopefully PK will give them another example of why the old days of India being tigers at home are well and truly over.

I think SA tour would be the ideal time for Dravid to retire. I am not too concerned about his form slump, he has too much class to not to bounce back. While he may not reach the lofty heights he was capable of couple of years ago, he still has it in him to provide decent contributions to the team cause. I am more concerned about the damage he is doing to his legacy... in the past 3-4 years his average has taken a beating from which it will never recover.

I think Dravid's time is up.He is no longer as good as he was few year ago.He's been a loyal servant,true fighter but I think now he is well past his prime.I miss the old Dravid, nowadays whenever I expect him to repeat his heroic rescue,he fails. And with Pujara knocking at the door and looking ready to fill in at no 3 position it is about time Dravid retired.

Why would Dravid retire? He is clearly in it for the money and fame and is now leaching on the Indian team with shoddy performances for the past many years. The senior players' mafia is too strong for any action to be taken against them and Dravid is an integral part of the mafia exploiting Indian cricket for selfish reasons. As Pujara and Raina have showed there is no dearth of good talented batsmen in the country. If Dravid had any shame he would have retired 2 years back rather than subjecting Indian team to having to hide him in the line up and the field.

Why would Dravid retire? He is clearly in it for the money and fame and is now leaching on the Indian team with shoddy performances for the past many years. The senior players' mafia is too strong for any action to be taken against them and Dravid is an integral part of the mafia exploiting Indian cricket for selfish reasons. As Pujara and Raina have showed there is no dearth of good talented batsmen in the country. If Dravid had any shame he would have retired 2 years back rather than subjecting Indian team to having to hide him in the line up and the field.
:hysterical:
Why would Dravid retire? He is clearly in it for the money and fame and is now leaching on the Indian team with shoddy performances for the past many years. The senior players' mafia is too strong for any action to be taken against them and Dravid is an integral part of the mafia exploiting Indian cricket for selfish reasons..
that might well be true. i have always thought about dravid and how he keeps up this 'clean' image of being a good guy and what not. its all a facade, IMO. i think he is really shady. every1 knows how he selfishly wanted the captaincy when chappell was made coach and now its clear that he obviously wants to play for as long as possible so he doesnt lose his bank of baroda endorsement deal...with the indian selection committee being from the same zone, he is gonna be getting plenty of chances even if he doesnt score. he is becoming like a cancer for the indian team, and dhoni needsa to become a surgeon and cut him out with a scalepl
that might well be true. i have always thought about dravid and how he keeps up this 'clean' image of being a good guy and what not. its all a facade, IMO. i think he is really shady. every1 knows how he selfishly wanted the captaincy when chappell was made coach and now its clear that he obviously wants to play for as long as possible so he doesnt lose his bank of baroda endorsement deal...with the indian selection committee being from the same zone, he is gonna be getting plenty of chances even if he doesnt score. he is becoming like a cancer for the indian team
Or you joking or being serious?

In the last 3 years (approx when he quit captaincy and Kumble became the captain), he has a 40 average and a 37 run away average. Sure we would have found it difficult to find someone to produce those numbers. :hysterical: Now expect this thread to get bumped when he scores a century after 2 years (if he is still playing), while it lays silent for a while. :winky:

that might well be true. i have always thought about dravid and how he keeps up this 'clean' image of being a good guy and what not. its all a facade, IMO. i think he is really shady. every1 knows how he selfishly wanted the captaincy when chappell was made coach and now its clear that he obviously wants to play for as long as possible so he doesnt lose his bank of baroda endorsement deal...with the indian selection committee being from the same zone, he is gonna be getting plenty of chances even if he doesnt score. he is becoming like a cancer for the indian team, and dhoni needsa to become a surgeon and cut him out with a scalepl
Outageously bad post! In fact worst post I have seen this year from a non paki!:((
WTF:cantstop: I dont where to start with your post in 171.:(( Just to confirm you were talking about Rahul Dravid of India cricket team? The one who has played for 14 years for India and has scored 29 test tons?
yea i dont think the number of years and tons means anything, its all in the past dravid sux now, he cant score a run in any inning and he has only made his scores on dead pitches in games that finished drawn, like that first test against sri lanka 2009. ppl think he is gonna score runs for india in SA but i dont understand how a batsman that cant get runs against average to good teams will score against the best bowling attack in the world he is basically a cancer that is eating a big hole in the indian bating lineup. and now we have pujara, raina, vijay getting runs, we dont really need him and his boring innings at SR of 25 anymore at number 3. the only reason i can think of why he is still in the team is because he is good mates with guys like tendulkar, sehwag and others
he is basically a cancer that is eating a big hole in the indian bating lineup. and now we have pujara, raina, vijay getting runs, we dont really need him and his boring innings at SR of 25 anymore at number 3.
don't think you will find any takers for that statement. he could have retired a while ago when he was still on a high, but he is far from a cancer, not as reliable as he was sure, may be just waiting to be convinced that there are able replacements before he abandons ship.
he is basically a cancer that is eating a big hole in the indian bating lineup. and now we have pujara, raina, vijay getting runs, we dont really need him and his boring innings at SR of 25 anymore at number 3. the only reason i can think of why he is still in the team is because he is good mates with guys like tendulkar, sehwag and others
Got to agree with that. Specially the first part. I read somewhere the reason for his playing such slow innings is because his deals and agreements with his sponsors state that the amount of money he will get increases with the number of hours he is visible on the screen. In his mind he knows he is not capable of scoring the crappy 20s and 30s anyway, so might as well utilize the screen time to the fullest to rake in the cash.

Well, Kumble was the last guy (may be the only guy) who retired when still on a high. most of our greats including Kapil typically keep playing well beyond their best, so nothing different in case of RD either. I personally like the Mcgrath, Warne approach where you quit early not only for your own legacy, rather mainly to make room for youngsters who are practically jobless till these guys decide to move.