Kane Williamson

Ajit37

Perfect example of what you get by backing young talented players. At 25 tests' date= his average read 31.47. Had he been an Indian test batsman, he would have been discarded for not being good enough!
Had he been an Indian Test batsman he might not even have gotten 25 Tests.
One of the best innings I've seen in a long time. Him and Joe Root are really good young players.
Most definitely. Root is one who will feast on our bowling attack soon. I hope a couple of our younger batsman also go onto score 500-600 runs in the series. On Williamson, his problem so far had been one big score followed by a number of innings with low scores. Seems to have corrected in this series, remains to be seen how well he does vs better bowling attacks - v Pak in UAE and then in SL vs Herath.
Most definitely. Root is one who will feast on our bowling attack soon. I hope a couple of our younger batsman also go onto score 500-600 runs in the series. On Williamson, his problem so far had been one big score followed by a number of innings with low scores. Seems to have corrected in this series, remains to be seen how well he does vs better bowling attacks - v Pak in UAE and then in SL vs Herath.
I saw a little bit of Indian bowling in the practice match and I must say that all out of form English batsmen would relish the prospect of facing this attack. I do expect at least 2 Indian batsmen to do very well in this series. Williamson is still very young and has been showing constant improvement so consistency will come. And yes, subcontinent will be a big test for him - if he does well there then it will be a very big boost for NZ cricket.
On Williamson, his problem so far had been one big score followed by a number of innings with low scores.
That used to be his problem, but it's almost the opposite now. He's got to 40 in all but 3 of his last 16 innings or something ridiculous. The reason his average is not massive is because he hasn't until now really cashed in. He'd make attractive 50s and then throw it away. Or even make a hundred but not push on and make it a big one.
I saw a little bit of Indian bowling in the practice match and I must say that all out of form English batsmen would relish the prospect of facing this attack. I do expect at least 2 Indian batsmen to do very well in this series. Williamson is still very young and has been showing constant improvement so consistency will come. And yes, subcontinent will be a big test for him - if he does well there then it will be a very big boost for NZ cricket.
Where?
I meant I followed a little bit of Indian bowling in the practice match - on cricinfo. Bahut pitengey yeh log Test matches mein...
I dont take warmup matches that seriously.Our batsmen had easy time out there but its gonna be lot more different in real games.

I'm not sure why some are questioning his ability on the subcontinent. He scored a century on debut in India and has a century in Sri Lanka against Herath. Williamson has more to prove against top quality pace bowlers on fast wickets. He needs to do well in Australia and England to be called a complete batsman.