Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

Bhai-saab, Almonds provide essential fats/oils.It is for that purpose that you take them. They also give you a general feeling of well-being (supposed to be good for your heart) while at the same time keep you feeling full. But Almonds are not to be eaten as a source of protein.
Even for EFA, 6 almonds will give only about 3.5 gms of fat. That I am not saying its too less, but one can safely have much more amount of fat. But yes, one will have to adjust other components of diet and anyway if you are not monitoring by gms, you unknowingly get various fats in regular meals too.

WOW. This thread has gone legendary. What I like perhaps most about this thread, along side sharing fitness tips and all, is that the thread has been by and large on the subject, without much chat/gossip and/or taking stabs at each other. Thanks guys, keep it going...specially you Gen X folks :--D

So its 3 bananas' date=' 10 almonds and a cup of millk. Is this a healthy breakfast :nervous:[/quote'] Size of Banana is important here, if its yelakki banana, then 3 is fine, otherwise it might be too much. Ideally I would replace two of those bananas with some cereal and add more of milk. Btw, as I understand you have some weight loss targets, in that case - you need to do much more than just this one thing. Given your stats you can afford to start slowly, just make sure you keep track of your progress ( or lack of it), so that you know when/whether to change things.

WOW. This thread has gone legendary. What I like perhaps most about this thread, along side sharing fitness tips and all, is that the thread has been by and large on the subject, without much chat/gossip and/or taking stabs at each other. Thanks guys, keep it going...specially you Gen X folks :--D
No,Thank You Sir for starting such a wonderful and informative thread.:hatsoff: BTW Whats with the Gen-X thing ? :winky: I believe that after a certain age (22-23 depends on the individual ),most people mature and obtain a sense of perspective on life and its nuances.

Since almonds is the topic of the day. This is specially for you Ganesh (and whoever else interested). I once did a strict ketogenic diet for over a period of 6 weeks. In strict Keto diet, it is very important to keep daily carb count to less than about 30gms. And even more important to get most of the calories from fat, and since almonds are source of good fat - it was key ingredient of one of my meal which was - about 30gm almonds + chicken or, 40-50 gm almonds + protein powder. This was apart from other fat - flaxseed (or fish) oil, flaxseed powder, cheese, 6 whole-eggs, soybean, soy milk, walnuts, peanut butter, full-cream-paneer - on daily basis for all those 6 weeks. And the result - about 5 kg (73-->67) pure body fat loss in 6 weeks, almost no muscle loss (may be increased a bit). This is in very short, one has to take care of many more things on keto diets - so do not try w/o researching properly and strict no-no for diabetics ( a particular type though).

Size of Banana is important here, if its yelakki banana, then 3 is fine, otherwise it might be too much. Ideally I would replace two of those bananas with some cereal and add more of milk. Btw, as I understand you have some weight loss targets, in that case - you need to do much more than just this one thing. Given your stats you can afford to start slowly, just make sure you keep track of your progress ( or lack of it), so that you know when/whether to change things.
If u r active, eat two bananas. Even 3 wouldnt hurt u in the morning. U will be starving when u wake up from 6-9 hr sleep. Ur body will digest all the sugars and carbs (natural carbs like bananas) should be fine. Almonds or peanuts (unsalted) are great snack items. The more milk the better. Milk is DA cheapest protien to get.

workout right after u wake up (best time to burn fat and workout). Normally i take protien shake (60g) , 30g of carbs, Pre-workout, Nitro pills 30-45min before gym and intra-workout and then post workout protien shake, 4 fish oils, 3 daily vitamins, eat more carbs!. Dont eat TOO much before workout or u will have miserable cramping up workout

If u r active' date=' eat two bananas. Even 3 wouldnt hurt u in the morning. U will be starving when u wake up from 6-9 hr sleep. Ur body will digest all the sugars and carbs (natural carbs like bananas) should be fine. Almonds or peanuts (unsalted) are great snack items. The more milk the better. Milk is DA cheapest protien to get.[/quote'] Carbs from cereal would be digested at moderated rate, while banana gives the immediate energy required after overnight fast. That is why I suggested mixing cereal and banana (or other fruits). In here, protein from Eggs is cheaper..~30Rs per litre of milk, and 6 eggs for 25-30Rs...but yes, considering the fat that comes with eggs (or protein gets wasted in throwing away those yolks), one can safely consume more milk than eggs, for equivalent protein requirement and cost.