Want to get in shape for summer? Join in...

Lurker

Thanks guys. Timeline was mostly 2/2.5 months. Started the gym on the last day of august, went religiously sept and oct, and then eased off. Just go once a week now. Gonna start again from march. But those two months were mad training. I would be running at full blast, then doing a rep, back to running etc. I had a trainer on my ass all the time. People in the gym would move when they saw me going to the treadmill or arc trainer etc. It was fantastic, I could see some people even looking at me and talking to their buddies about me etc. Also, I didnt break my diet. It's not that hard bro. Is running on the treadmill for 8 mins extra worth that coke? After you work out your normal routine, try running for 8 mins continuously. You will never touch that coke/candy.
Thanks man.Whats was your biggest motivation ? .I am 26 and married.I feel that I have kinda given up after getting married. I mean i was ok-ish before shaadi but all them shaadi dawats have taken a tool on me . I am 5'8 and 187lbs right now and i hate it .Its just that after a long day of work i like to spend time with family .I just can't conjure up the courage/motivation that's required for something like this. ****!! my younger brother who has been on the heavier side for almost all of his life and has suddenly decided to change his life completely .HE has lost close to 45 lbs during the past 4 month just with diet (a lot of protein) and exercise (cardio,weights).

Thanks man.Whats was your biggest motivation ? .I am 26 and married.I feel that I have kinda given up after getting married. I mean i was ok-ish before shaadi but all them shaadi dawats have taken a tool on me . I am 5'8 and 187lbs right now and i hate it .Its just that after a long day of work i like to spend time with family .I just can't conjure up the courage/motivation that's required for something like this. ****!! my younger brother who has been on the heavier side for almost all of his life and has suddenly decided to change his life completely .HE has lost close to 45 lbs during the past 4 month just with diet (a lot of protein) and exercise (cardio' date=weights).
I had lot of reasons to be motivated. One strange reason my sudden increased interest towards fashion. If you want to look good in fashionable clothes you have to be in the best shape possible. And also exercise don't mean you slog for hours in the gym. You can complete your work out in less than 30 minutes. But that 30 minutes you really have to push yourself. Also you have to watch what you eat. That is the most important facet.

Thanks man.Whats was your biggest motivation ? .I am 26 and married.I feel that I have kinda given up after getting married. I mean i was ok-ish before shaadi but all them shaadi dawats have taken a tool on me . I am 5'8 and 187lbs right now and i hate it .Its just that after a long day of work i like to spend time with family .I just can't conjure up the courage/motivation that's required for something like this. ****!! my younger brother who has been on the heavier side for almost all of his life and has suddenly decided to change his life completely .HE has lost close to 45 lbs during the past 4 month just with diet (a lot of protein) and exercise (cardio' date=weights).
That should be your motivation.. otherwise, you do not mean what you said. Besides, you have your brother to take inspiration from, compete with!!.. yeh to wohi baat hui - bagal mein chora, jagat mein dindhora.

Your wife doesn't look at your tond and get disgusted ? :WTF: Go out and run, and take your wife with you. Good enough motivation to atleast beat her over a couple of miles run :hahaha:

Nballa- pls share what all you did to get there; age is on your side man but if I could even improve half of what you did I'll be happy
i wouldn't necessarily say age is on my side, i'm 31 yrs old but i don't believe in calender age, biological age is the actual age. people age differently based on their diets and lifestyles. As far as what i did is concerned i can tell you one universal truth i found out - exercise is overrated and diet is underrated. I go to a gym and last week i asked them to tell me how many times i've been to the gym the past 12 months and they told me 112 times, that works out to be less than twice a week. physique is 80% diet and 20% workout. as far as diet is concerned i was on a kind of a paleo diet for the past few yrs, plenty of good fat(olive oil, eggs, nuts) and protein(mostly chicken and eggs) and raw/quick boiled veggies(3-4 different vegetables a day, lots of it) and NO rice or wheat or bread or roti of any kind. kept sugar to < 2 teaspoons a day. if i needed carbs i usually baked potatoes or sweet potatoes once a week. I never eat out or take supplements and whenever you do go to the gym make sure you concentrate on squats, deadlifts, bench/dumbbell press. your goal should be 1.5 to 2 times your bodyweight on squats/deadlifts and a little more than your bodyweight on benchpress. throw in some pushups once or twice a week, goal should be 50-60 non stop.

i wouldn't necessarily say age is on my side' date=' i'm 31 yrs old but i don't believe in calender age, biological age is the actual age. people age differently based on their diets and lifestyles. As far as what i did is concerned i can tell you one universal truth i found out - exercise is overrated and diet is underrated. I go to a gym and last week i asked them to tell me how many times i've been to the gym the past 12 months and they told me 112 times, that works out to be less than twice a week. [b']physique is 80% diet and 20% workout. as far as diet is concerned i was on a kind of a paleo diet for the past few yrs, plenty of good fat(olive oil, eggs, nuts) and protein(mostly chicken and eggs) and raw/quick boiled veggies(3-4 different vegetables a day, lots of it) and NO rice or wheat or bread or roti of any kind. kept sugar to < 2 teaspoons a day. if i needed carbs i usually baked potatoes or sweet potatoes once a week. I never eat out or take supplements and whenever you do go to the gym make sure you concentrate on squats, deadlifts, bench/dumbbell press. your goal should be 1.5 to 2 times your bodyweight on squats/deadlifts and a little more than your bodyweight on benchpress. throw in some pushups once or twice a week, goal should be 50-60 non stop.
lol please, maybe for a mediocre physique such as your own but dont bring that bs bro science in here.

lol please' date=' maybe for a mediocre physique such as your own but dont bring that bs bro science in here.[/quote'] ++ Diet is very important, but to increase muscle mass significantly - and to maintain that high volumes of muscle mass - heavy exercise are as important. Nballa's pics - you are lean, but not that muscular - so its easy for you to maintain that muscle mass with couple of weight sessions.

Couple of moves I'm loving right now. 1. The pull-up hold. At the start of your work-out perform the pull up, chin well over bar and hold it there for 60 seconds. This sets you up great for an upper body workout. 2. Standing dumbell arm curl combined with overhead shoulder press. Perfect if you're short for time and great for biceps, shoulder, traps, and core.

Couple of moves I'm loving right now. 1. The pull-up hold. At the start of your work-out perform the pull up, chin well over bar and hold it there for 60 seconds. This sets you up great for an upper body workout. 2. Standing dumbell arm curl combined with overhead shoulder press. Perfect if you're short for time and great for biceps, shoulder, traps, and core.
The pull-up hold gives me pain in the foreram-biceps area :(( Be careful of that goose. I do like the dummbell curl with shoulder press. You can also vary it with shoulder lateral press. Only issue is you cant go heavy as you are supersetting so not great for building muscles. Great for finishing off, or as you said short on time.