US Open 2010

SachDan

unbelievable match. the best ive seen since wimbledon 2008. how djokovic produced those forehand winners to fight off the 2nd match point at 5-4, i'll never know. federer basically cracked under pressure, with two huge unforced errors to give djokovic the game that made it 6-5. very uncharacteristic of him, but i guess it shows u how the guy is starting to lose just a little bit of his magic. he still played some amazing tennis though, some of his returns on the base line and his backhands were spectacular. djokovic is the man, what a fighter. i hope he beats nadal. either way, its gonna be one of the best finals ever.

Quite uncharacteristic Federer indeed! he had around 60 unforced errors compared to 40 plus winners..strange stats that for a player like Federer. Also he kept on hitting the net on a regular basis yet didn't change his approach. Should've volleyed more to upset Djokovic. In fact he won points whenever he tried to volley. Good match played by Djokovic though. But don't see any chance against Rafa who's in red-hot form.

Btw Kim Clijsters won second consecutive US Open title :hatsoff: Now she's unbeaten for the last 21 matches at FM.Champion in 2005, then missed 2006,2007 and 2008 tournaments due to injuries and motherhood. Remarkable achievement keeping in mind how competitive women's circuit is nowadays!

Rafa will win today, I hope he dosent, but Djoks fitness has never been amazing and the 5 setter will tell on his legs. Had he had a days rest I think the final could have been another classic, somehow I think it will be a one sided dissapointment. Rafa is serving incredibly, thats the main difference from past USOs and one of the main reasons why he has not been able to win here is his less than great serve. Really Hope Novak can do it today, he deserves another slam win.

If Rafa wins tonight.. * He will become the seventh man to win the career Grand Slam * First player since Rod Laver in 1969 to win the French Open, Wimbledon and the U.S. Open in the same year! * This will be his ninth Grand Slam title. He's only 24 and Federer was just a month shy of 25th birthday when he won his eighth major. :hatsoff:

Djokovic's take on Rafa and Fed. Excerpts from post-match press conference.. Q: You mentioned that Federer is the greatest player ever. Nadal is going also for a career Grand Slam. He's younger than Federer. He has a better head‑to‑head record than Federer. In your mind, what are the chances that some day Nadal will be the greatest player ever? Djokovic: I give him a big chance. I think already he's one of the best ever because he has won Olympic gold medal, he has won Davis Cup, he has won every major except this one, and so many tournaments. He has the records of 1000 events as well, and he's still only 24 years old. So it's just incredible what he has done so far in his career. He's still a great champion and a great person off the court. Q. Roger obviously has the 16 slams and 23 straight semis, and is widely accepted as the best of all time. Yet Rafa has a 14‑7 record, great wins in finals, and great wins recently. Where do you think the head‑to‑head rivalry plays into the discussion of who is the greatest of all time? Djokovic: think it's a very complicated question for me, to be honest, at this time. Sorry if I cannot answer really well. But, you know, stats and results tell you everything, you know. I can say in one hand, as I told you, Roger results‑wise is the best ever. Then you have Rafa who has won Davis Cup and Olympic gold medal and all these things and still very young and still having a lot of time to come. He has a big chance to overcome any of the best‑ever players that play this game. :two_thumbs_up: