Wine Shop Business

Bublu Bhuyan

I keep hearing this all the time on how magnificently profitable the wine shop business in India is. And that the biggest problem is getting a license for it. Can someone confirm this for me. I mean I keep hearing the same damn thing from every tom, dick and harry, and I'm starting to wonder whether it's just a myth or does it hold some reality. P.S. This thread is just for information purpose, to get a concept of something that's confusing me.
For information purposes, what does the bible say about this?

You have no idea how much the punjabis like to drink' date=' do you :hysterical::hysterical:[/quote']
Little less than Keralites :giggle:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I really fail to understand how they manage to earn any sort of profit when they have to melt out such huge amount of money on the license alone. And why do they call it a profitable business after all when such insanely high are are the license fee alone to start with.
It's 1 thing which will sell come rain and shine, remember it's not just retail, they can supply to restaurants etc as well

I can't believe Keralites drink more than Punjabis..'Patiyala Peg' is famous...Never heard of 'Palghat/Palakkad Peg'..:giggle:
Really? I always thought Keralites were more into naryal paani :winky: ...well we Punjabis love the bisky :two_thumbs_up:
Kerala is India's tippler country. It has the highest per capita consumption - over eight litres (1.76 gallons) per person a year - in the nation, overtaking traditionally hard-drinking states like Punjab and Haryana. Also, in a strange twist of taste, rum and brandy are the preferred drink in Kerala in a country where whisky outsells every other liquor. Alcohol helps in giving Kerala's economy a good high - shockingly, more than 40% of revenues for its annual budget come from booze. A state-run monopoly sells alcohol. The curiously-named Kerala State Beverages Corporation (KSBC) runs 337 liquor shops, open seven days a week. Each shop caters on average to an astonishing 80,000 clients. This fiscal year the KSBC is expected to sell $1bn (£0.6bn) of alcohol in a state of 30 million people, up from $12m when it took over the retail business in 1984. Similarly, revenues from alcohol to the state's exchequer have registered a whopping 100% rise over the past four years. The monopoly is so professionally run that consumers can even send text messages from their phones to a helpline number to record their grievances. "If we delay opening any of our shops by even five minutes, clients send us text messages saying that they are waiting to buy liquor," says KSBC chief N Shankar Reddy. :haha: That's not all. There are some 600 privately run bars in the state and more than 5,000 shops selling toddy (palm wine), the local brew. There is also a thriving black market liquor trade. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/8557215.stm _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ During this year's 'Onam' season alone KSBC sold liquors worth Rs.2 billion and if you add "state drink of kerala", Toddy the total consumption would be staggering!

Nothing. It doesn't say that drinking wine/alcohol is a sin. However' date=' drunkardness is certainly a sin. In other words, it's a sin to drink until you get high, but drinking alcohol itself isn't a sin.[/quote'] But does the bible doesn't raise a question of moral turpitude when you open a shop which might end up promoting drunkeness. I really think you should consult a priest and the bible before any further action.

A state-run monopoly sells alcohol. The curiously-named Kerala State Beverages Corporation (KSBC) runs 337 liquor shops, open seven days a week. Each shop caters on average to an astonishing 80,000 clients.
Thats a nice, sobre name, is it not? If you didnt know better, you'd think they are selling candies and coffee there. :haha: As much as this is shocking, it is alcohol consumption that keeps many of our state govts going!

Thats a nice, sobre name, is it not? If you didnt know better, you'd think they are selling candies and coffee there. :haha: As much as this is shocking, it is alcohol consumption that keeps many of our state govts going!
lol theris atleast has the word beverages in it , ours is Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation aka TASMAC

lol theris atleast has the word beverages in it ' date=' ours is [b']Tamil Nadu State Marketing Corporation aka TASMAC
Is that what it is? Again, if you didn’t know better, you’d think they’re marketing khadi products.. :hysterical: