Pace and bounce - how good are the uthappas, pandeys even kohli, raina, rohit, mVijay...

fineleg

While cowlashers Pandey & Uthappa are known to struggle against quality pace on a good wicket' date=' I have my suspicions even on upcoming stalwarts like Raina & Kohli. [b']Though Raina and Kohli are in a different class than Nohit sharma & m.vijay.
The issue with Rohit is not a lack of ability against quality pace bowling - he is the most talented of the lot and easily on a different level to Vijay. It is entirely a question of focus, and I agree with holysmoke that he seems headed the Kambli way. Yes, he is 23 and has a lot of time etc. but the signs are bad.

Nohit's problem is not pace or bounce or turn. He suddenly starts playing as if he is zonked out. He is not capable of holding concentration for longer periods. Too many lapses in concentration. Worse than Karthik's concentration levels. We all discuss about technique, talent, ability. But temperament is 50%. If you don't have that you are as good as those who are not talented.