Pace and bounce - how good are the uthappas, pandeys even kohli, raina, rohit, mVijay...

fineleg

Pace and bounce - how good are the uthappas, pandeys even kohli, raina, rohit, mVijay... While cowlashers Pandey & Uthappa are known to struggle against quality pace on a good wicket, I have my suspicions even on upcoming stalwarts like Raina & Kohli. Though Raina and Kohli are in a different class than Nohit sharma & m.vijay. Hail to the class of our current Test middle order :hail:

lol, so you have a soft corner for these matches after all eh?:icflove: To be honest, this is hardly the stage and match to draw such conclusions and try to extrapolate it to Test cricket. RBC were chasing at 10rpo and it was excellent bowling by both Bollinger and Morkel with both bounce and some movement. The batsmen could not hang out there and play out the first 5 or so overs as the runrate would've climbed to 14+ anyways. And let's not forget Dravid himself got out on the first delivery:winky:

^LOL! yes, wrong forum, but I agree hard to see this championship and compare to our legends. But it just reminded me that the younger players struggle so much against pace and bounce. I hope a few like kohli, raina and pujara will go onto the bigger league after legends retire. BCCI must nurture and train them. Send them to english counties - guide them well.

^LOL! yes, wrong forum, but I agree hard to see this championship and compare to our legends. But it just reminded me that the younger players struggle so much against pace and bounce. I hope a few like kohli, raina and pujara will go onto the bigger league after legends retire. BCCI must nurture and train them. Send them to english counties - guide them well.
What are you blubbering? Pandey just got a good 50.

Fair enough' date=' tontee-tontee should not be used to judge these batsmen. I do wish they get a lot of international exposure in longer formats (A-tours, county cricket etc) so they can develop better skills to play against pace bowlers.[/quote'] But they are not available for these cause of tontee-tontee. :hysterical:

oh pleez! Pandey got 50, but that was mainly off the spinners. He was like a deer in the headlights when facing the new ball. RD scored 0, yes, but we don't have to worry abt his technique against pacers.
Manish Pandey did struggle initially, but didnt get out on those deliveries, some of them from Albie Morkal were unplayable and any batsman would have struggled at that time, but he survived. and it is a rubbish talking that Indian youngster struggle in seaming condition..then who else does it well...not many batsman can score runs at will on a seaming bouncy track fro any team...whether its Australia, SA, England, New Zealand who mostly play in bowler friendly conditions....look at how New Zealnders struggled in Srilanka against the likes of Praveen Kumar and Munaf patel who bowls just mediums...Australia bundled on 88 against Pak in seaming condition...in seaming condition most of the batsman struggle..the best thing for seaming condition to have is good pace bowling who can bowl in right areas...the team bowls well modtly does well..

Raina and Kohli are fine for all formats. Vijay seems to be good enough just for T20s and as a backup in tests. Pujara, we will know soon hopefully. Rohit, I don't have much hope for given his inconsistency so far in ODIs and lack of work ethic. Uthappa, I don't know what to make of this guy. Has enormous power, but seems like a hit and miss player like Afridi and minus the bowling.

Raina needs to play in a few non-subcontinental tours before we can conclude abt his Test abilities. So far so good, hopefully he'll go on those tours from now on. Kohli needs to tighten up against the pacers, but he seems to have the fundamentals otherwise. Both Raina and Kohli will hopefully learn better temperament also as they play more in the longer format. I don't fancy MV, RU, pandey in longer format. Che needs to be groomed, keep him away from masala kirket :girly1:

I think Raina is the best among the lot, while Virat is also quite good. I also rate Vijay.. he has the shots and the temperament IMHO. Pandey needs time. Rohit and Robin really need to do something extraordinary and out of this world to save themselves now. Rohit seems to be going the Kambli way instead of the Tendulkar way :(( So much talent......:((