Ganguly UNSOLD at the IPL!

Jersey #10

That 3rd grade team is over and done with. New team now our GG boyyy :icflove:
Am Glad you are with me in IPL 4 :D But a Team inclusive of Ponting, Gayle, Ganguly, Mcculum, Bond. Are not 3rd grade team on Paper too, Its all about Performance. No one will even call Rajasthan a 3rd Grade Team.

I am more angry at the way he was Not selected than the fact that he was Not selected Qs Did KKR and its management group go into the auction w/o any preset decision re: Dada? If you have already pre decided to let Dada go...why not inform him of that decision in advance and let him make the choice? He could either retire or keep his name in the auction Why humiliate him during the whole bidding process if you already came to the table with the decision to axe him? Reports suggested earlier Sahara group's Subrata Roy has shown interest in Dada for his Pune team (not sure if this was a rumor and gross assumption was made due to both of them being bengalis) and if Sahara group wasn't gonna buy him then once again why NOT inform him? Knowing Dada he would've probably retired if informed he wasn't going to be picked in his own Hometown team! Looking at the honor Makhaya Ntini got from his own country and looking at how many times Dada was humiliated by the board and the number of times he has made a comeback....sometimes I wonder if he was born in the wrong country where legends don't get the honor they deserve unless off course its Sachin then O God forbid all hell breaks loose.

I am more angry at the way he was Not selected than the fact that he was Not selected Qs Did KKR and its management group go into the auction w/o any preset decision re: Dada? If you have already pre decided to let Dada go...why not inform him of that decision in advance and let him make the choice? He could either retire or keep his name in the auction Why humiliate him during the whole bidding process if you already came to the table with the decision to axe him? Reports suggested earlier Sahara group's Subrata Roy has shown interest in Dada for his Pune team (not sure if this was a rumor and gross assumption was made due to both of them being bengalis) and if Sahara group wasn't gonna buy him then once again why NOT inform him? Knowing Dada he would've probably retired if informed he wasn't going to be picked in his own Hometown team! Looking at the honor Makhaya Ntini got from his own country and looking at how many times Dada was humiliated by the board and the number of times he has made a comeback....sometimes I wonder if he was born in the wrong country where legends don't get the honor they deserve unless off course its Sachin then all hell breaks loose.
Why do you think that the franchises have to go around telling him that they don't want him. KKR didnt want him (atleast for 1.8 million $), so they clearly didnt retain him. But why would the other franchises be pretentious enough to tell cricketers that they dont want him. Humiliated? Ganguly wasnt performing for years before he was dropped. In his last 9 years,in tests he averaged around 35 or much less for 5 off those years and his ODI exploits were inconsistent too. He had a mini revival in 2006/07 but after his 08 performances, he just had to be dropped. I thought he was in the team for 2 years too long.

Thankfully' date=' no! But that even 20-30% (at a minimum percentage) of the Eden Gardens crowd would put an individual before the country is disturbing.[/quote'] if you're suggesting hero worshipping = unpatriotism ....then suggest you stand ready to accuse 90% members part of this forum with Sachin SN/ Avatars of being unpatriotic. In a hypothetical situation if Sachin was ever dropped from the team or humiliated by the board or not bid for in IPL auction ...are you suggesting that there would be no chance of certain percentage of SRT worshippers to NOT put an individual before the country????

Dada has shown that he is fighter and pretty obdurate one at that. One thing he doesn't do well (apart from fielding, and catching) is knowing when to retire. Seriously, the jokes who claim "LOOK! He was 4th highest scorer" ****ing forget it is T20, and dada frankly did not perform accordingly. I think he should be happy he got selected in first 3 IPLs.

Why do you think that the franchises have to go around telling him that they don't want him. KKR didnt want him (atleast for 1.8 million $), so they clearly didnt retain him. But why would the other franchises be pretentious enough to tell cricketers that they dont want him. Humiliated? Ganguly wasnt performing for years before he was dropped. In his last 9 years,in tests he averaged around 35 or much less for 5 off those years and his ODI exploits were inconsistent too. He had a mini revival in 2006/07 but after his 08 performances, he just had to be dropped. I thought he was in the team for 2 years too long.
I think his avg was close to 51 since his recall in Dec 2006 with 1571 runs till early 2008

Dada has shown that he is fighter and pretty obdurate one at that. One thing he doesn't do well (apart from fielding' date=' and catching) is knowing when to retire. Seriously, the jokes who claim "LOOK! He was 4th highest scorer" ****ing forget it is T20, and dada frankly did not perform accordingly. I think he should be happy he got selected in first 3 IPLs.[/quote'] Ganguly>Venugopal Rao+Jaddu combined. I could've understood this if he had been dropped after the 2nd season where he sucked. This is probably his best season of 3 IPLs and to say the least he did pretty decent. Played some match winning knocks, was great on the field, etc. The only thing that goes against him is his age imo. I myself thought he should have retired after season anyway.

Dropped? Well thats news to me, We all know he took Retirement before his Last Series, In Which His average was 50 +. More than two years since he retired and we still do not have a Replacemnt. He can walk into the Side as a NO 6 Batsman any day ahead of the Rains and Pujaras. And Regarding his Mini Revival, He was one of the Most Consistent of Batters, since his comeback in the Test side. The one Flop Show he had along with other Indians except Viru was against SL in 2008 since his comeback. Before that Series we Played aginst SA, He won us the Do or Die Match With his Bat in the 2nd Innings.

When Ganguly was dropped it was because he could not buy a run to save his life. I forget the exact year, but he was batting rubbish - getting bowled around the legs, giving catch practice to slips or gully etc. Could not put bat on ball confidently. Like Zap said - he was just a passenger in the team for too long. This is just about his batting, leave aside all the politics which SG bhakts will deny. Before his retirement, he did play quite well, and had a good retirement under Dhoni. Good on him for that, but that does not mean all the captaincy politics he played prior is just wiped out. Big ego guy and paid price for thinking he is bigger than everyone else. If the coach schedules practice, he'd think that its for everyone else but him. Complaints about SG doing whatever HE wanted is legendary - not just during G.Chappell times. Anyway leagues did not want him in IPL. They dont want to deal with his ego and his Lord-like thinking. End of matter.

He is an intelligent person, and would make a good commentator. He should stick to such things where people wont have problem with his ego or him wanting to hog the limelight all the time. I've read he is a nice guy in personal life, so he should chill out and do these other roles, rather than trying to dominate with his ego over others.

NO dada = NO KKR SRK can take his beloved team(remove the word 'kolkata') w/ overpaid cow lashers to some other city in Maharashtra or move it to his favorite country Pakistan and play in the PPL ....no one gives a damn Eden Gardens would be empty mark my words.... Sourav Ganguly is not just an icon but a symbol of success for Kolkata and Bengal ...
I hope you are right.I hope the least people can do is throw rotten eggs on the Pak loving effed up SRK and his team. The least this @$$4567 could have done was let dada know in advance that they were not going to pick him.They owed him that much at least. IPL is a tamasha at best and pure business at worst.SRK will realise that his team without Dada will neither bring much tamasha nor mean good business. I wish him and his team worst of luck!

i know dada have a good cricketing brain i think the main reason is that if dada in a team than dada will do his dadagiri which is not liked by players, it may cause rift in team. i hope dada understand things well and become a good commentator after-all we need a good commentator for IPL all the best to dada for a commentator job