MI team selection thread

zen

Couldn't find the MI team thread so below is how the team is shaping up: 1. Tendulkar 2. Bhajji 3. Rohit 4. Munaf (Sunday) Overseas: 1. Pollard 2. Malinga 3. Symonds 4. Davy Jacob 5. James Franklin 6. McKay (Sunday) 7. Henriques (Sunday) 8. Blizzard (Sunday) There is a need for a couple of good Indian pace bowlers, along with a couple of good batsmen. Probably could have gone for Swann and Lara (retired so can be available for all games if fit). Amount spent so far: 7.64 (at close of auction on Saturday), 8.52 Amount available: 1.36 (Saturday), 0.48 I don't know if I have missed any player but based on the list I have, the avg spending per player so far is 955k (Saturday), 710K PS 4 new additions

1. Tendulkar 2. 3. Rohit 4. 5. Symonds 6. Pollard 7. Bhajji 8. 9. Franklin 10. 11. Malinga Mumbai needs four Indian players to fill the gaps as well as get some bench players. One opener, One middle order batsman, One spinner and One pace bowler would be the ideal blank fills for Indians. They should go for a few cheap Indian all rounders as well. Mumbai should bid for Agarkar as their second Indian pacer. Other good Indian options are Tyagi, Munaf, Dinda, Sangwan etc. Davy Jacob was a bargain buy but I think he will remain in the squad as the back up for Symonds and Pollard. Franklin was an absolute catch for Indians for just a 100,000 in change.

MI needs a WK too. May be Rayydu will come back, if not already picked. Based on those still available for selection, a line up like the one below might not be bad: 1. Tendulkar 2. Panday 3. Rohit 4. Symmo 5. Pollard 6. Rayydu (Wk) 7. Swann 8. Bhajji 9. Malinga 10 and 11: 2 from Yadav, Munaf, Agarkar, Trivadi, Mithun, ....

nothing has changed from IPL 3.Choosas and bambis look way more talented than any other team.The bambis will not win anything because of the obvious reason.
It's been almost a year so I have forgotten the terminology :P .... I guess, Bambis are MI, but who are Choosas?

It's been almost a year so I have forgotten the terminology :P .... I guess' date=' Bambis are MI, but who are Choosas?[/quote'] the guys who wear the ugliest uniforms in the history of team sports,they somehow landed Bollinger who rescued their floundering team.

the guys who wear the ugliest uniforms in the history of team sports' date='they somehow landed Bollinger who rescued their floundering team.[/quote'] Do you mean Chennai = Choosas? That's funny! :giggle:

Hope Pollard plays, he is the game changer :pray: And keeper ? Its gonna be Rayudu guys, don't forget him, he is a good player :coolsun: Playing XI should be like : Sachin Blizzard Rohit Symonds Rahane Pollard/Franklin/Henriques Rayudu Bhajji Munaf Malinga Kulkarni