Kings XI Punjab team thread

Sir john

If anything they should have retained Irfan and Yuvraj leaving the foreigners out. But looking at how Gilly made heroes out of T.Suman, Harminder singh, Venu Rao even Rohit's bowling.. i am sure he would pull something out of nothing. He is frankly capable of putting together a team that can win matches.

guys don't judge a team by just 1 game. :kxip: is real good side. They just need time to settle down & Gilli needs some practice & after that this team can beat any in this competition. I back 2 teams to win this IPL 4. Today it all happened too quickly. 4 wickets went down in 1st 4 overs & thats what costed the game. Let Davod Hussey arrive and then we will see how they go. 1. :rr: 2. :kxip:

I back this Punab XI more than the previous PKXI teams. Previous team was full of big heads who didn't really work as a team.
what would you say about about Sunny Singh who started arguing at the middle of the pitch instead of saving his wicket ... is he big headed or not :giggle:

On a serious note, crappy team selection at the auctions by Zinta and I also mentioned that on that day too. I thought Zinta and Shetty made the worst buys but later on RR does not look as bad as I had thought whereas KXIP is one of the crappiest teams ever... even KKR in the previous IPLs had better team selection than KXIP

I think they wanted to but both RR AND KINGS had some court issue' date='s so their budget was limited[/quote'] Smart thing in that case would have been to go for best local talents. Should have done some research. THey got one thing right. Captain who is willing to encourage youngsters to express themselves. Guys like Karthik has to increase his responsibility. He always is happy living under the shadow of some other players.

I think they wanted to but both RR AND KINGS had some court issue' date='s so their budget was limited[/quote'] I know but I think people need to play even more smarter with limited budget. Check the top purchases of KXIP. David Hussey to Kings XI Punjab for $1.4 million Dinesh Karthik to Kings XI Punjab for $900,000. Piyush Chawla to Kings XI Punjab for $900,000. Adam Gilchrist to Kings XI Punjab for $900,000. Praveen Kumar to Kings XI Punjab for $800,000. Abhishek Nayar to Kings XI Punjab for $800,000. Stuart Broad to Kings XI Punjab for $400,000. Ryan Harris to Kings XI Punjab for $325,000. Dimitri Mascarenhas to Kings XI Punjab for $100,000. Nathan Rimmington to Kings XI Punjab for $20,000. All the players I have bolded above are bought at highly inflated prices. Except Gilly, PK and Masca all their purchases have been horrible. I mentioned it on the auction day too. Karthik and Piyush Chawla are way worth 900K especially with a limited budget. Nayar for 800K is moronic and getting English pacers at high prices who are proven failures in Indian conditions is beyond understanding. The total money spent on the bolded players above is 4.725 million million on 6 less than average players and at that price they could have purchased at least 4-5 world class performers. :facepalm: With a limited budget I would have quality budget picks and got at least 10 world class + hidden talents at that price.

It was a bit surprising to see the batting lineup crumble like this. I think it's stronger than this for sure. You don't expect Marsh,Gilly, Karthik, Nayar to get out that quickly and it may just be one of those weird days. Oh well, the silver lining is that this happened right at the beginning of the tournament and the players would like to pick themselves up from this defeat. A couple of changes.a couple of changes would strengthen it. I haven't heard much of Valthaty and would put up a more stable batsman like Hussey at #3. Sunny can keep his place for now. Chitnis is another player I would try in the team, a make or break type of player and would give you runs at a quick pace as he gives it a proper whack. The bowling is somewhat weak at the moment. Guys like PK and Chawla need to really step it up. And looking forward to youngster, Bhargav Bhat bowling. Unfortunately, he didn't get an over today. He may eventually outbowl Chawla? Once Hussey is in the team, he can also bowl some part time spin. If I were the team owner, I would definitely have retained Pathan and Yuvi at the least. They along with many other players went for much high prices than what it would cost to retain them. Then there's also the fanbase issue with these players moving to new teams.