Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin

If he could achieve so much against a better attack...why mediocre against a mediocre attack? And ponting is probably better now...and the final achievements will be a mean of all times... Sorry bheem bhai...i guess i was too busy gossiping ... :hic: . Will try to go back some day and read them..... :duh: waisay ...do they support my case or anakins...? :chin:
There is no IF he could, he DID perform against much superior attack. The reasons of recent mediocre performance were already mentioned by Shwetabh.

>>>What the hell has amitabh got to do with it. He is an actor thats all, anyone can be an actor. He is not better actor then others just has image and PR which makes us all like him No need to be rude....what did I write?...? All i wrote was i don't understand... you do?...good for you !
How was I rude?

Anakin' date=' I was referring to dsr's "he is worthy of worship" and his getting offended and calling non worshippers fools.[/quote'] Since when has everyone got so dammn sensitive. I also never said that non worshippers were fools. I expect a retraction. I also do think his cricketing skills are wothy of worship in a cricketing sense that is.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin Shwetabh makes some great points about Sachin's technique. But i still think a major part of his decline is mental than technique. Even during his hey days, we used to see a rather subdued, watchful Sachin in BIG games, which often saw him fail. He has somehow decided that he is ageing and to keep injuries at bay, he need to cut out some shots from his repertoire. He stopped coming down the wicket to spinners, stopped playing the pull shots vs the pacers, stopped lofting the ball over the infield when the field restrictions are on and in general cut out anything that can stress his back. I think he has simply lost some of his skills, by not playing them for a while. Greatness of such a player will not vanish, after a few years of failures. But the world will remember players for where they finished, not for where they started. Have no shame in admitting Lara & Punter will leave Sachin well behind when they finish and deservedly so. Personally, i dont care about individual records. If SRT can help us get to the finals/win the worldcup, i'll take that any day over his 35 centuries.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin radhika, the reason Amitabh fans get 'fanatical' is because some SRK fans commit the blasphemy of comparing SRK to the greatest that is AB. :hic: Coming back to SRT-BCL debate, had SRT made a 100 today Indian fans would have pointed out that: 1. It was a flat pitch(as it is) 2. He came in when the openers had put on nearly 200 3. The attack is, at best, mediocre 4. There was no pressure In my opinion, as of now, Lara is the greatest test batsman. Lara was better 1990-94. Then SRT was #1 from 94-2002. And Lara has been better since then. Fans have a short memory. They will largely base their opinions on how a player fared in his last years as opposed to how he did before that. And if SRT rather indifferent run of form in tests continues, Lara will be remembered as the #1 batsman of this era. SRT will be #2. If I was SRT and I saw Lara's knock and where he was w.r.t. 100s and what people were saying, I'd come out all guns blazing. :flame:

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin You are talking like one of them played in some higher league and the other is playing in some school cricket league... The fact is most played in the same era....against same test playing nations ... You can't go about comparing each bowler faced ...or how some one got to playmore overs ...or someone ran out of partners... When we are talking about a long and sucessful career ....you have to see the overall performance . Sachin is good ...and so are ponting and Lara.....

In my opinion, as of now, Lara is the greatest test batsman.
I think Ponting is the greatest test bat around currently. The recent SA series, was his career defining series for me. On tricky bowling pitches, he cracked ton after ton when his team was under the mat. Besides Punter has made a habit of making his presence count in BIG games. I have not seen Lara match Punter consistently against good attacks, in key encounters.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin >>>radhika, the reason Amitabh fans get 'fanatical' is because some SRK fans commit the blasphemy of comparing SRK to the greatest that is AB. In my humble opinion...both are bad stereotyped overhyped actors.... :hic: :hic: only difference is I find srk goodlooking ..a goodlooking bad actor. :hic: >>>>Coming back to SRT-BCL debate, had SRT made a 100 today Indian fans would have pointed out that: 1. It was a flat pitch(as it is) 2. He came in when the openers had put on nearly 200 3. The attack is, at best, mediocre 4. There was no pressure I never ever do this...a century is a century and its worth is how much it helps a team. When he does that ..i give credit ...when he doesn't ...i won't .... I am By God superstitious about his centuries ending in bad luck... :hic: but that is just my opinion and doesn't reflect on him....

I think Ponting is the greatest test bat around currently. The recent SA series, was his career defining series for me. On tricky bowling pitches, he cracked ton after ton when his team was under the mat. Besides Punter has made a habit of making his presence count in BIG games. I have not seen Lara match Punter consistently against good attacks, in key encounters.
First of all, are you talking about tests here or ODIs? Secondly, Punter's team was never on the mat in RSA. Sachin has fared as good or bad as these two have in the last 4 years in the so called big games. And before that, SRT was untouchable no matter what the game.

You are talking like one of them played in some higher league and the other is playing in some school cricket league... The fact is most played in the same era....against same test playing nations ... You can't go about comparing each bowler faced ...or how some one got to playmore overs ...or someone ran out of partners... When we are talking about a long and sucessful career ....you have to see the overall performance . Sachin is good ...and so are ponting and Lara.....
Again not willing to see simple logic. I don't see how it's so difficult to grasp. Even during the same era, I'll bet Ponting did worse than SRT from mid 90s to early 2000. I don't have the stats right now in front of me, but I'll bet on it.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin what a innings!! Lets give him a credit...it was against Pakistan..to sone pe suhaga... although he was quite careless, couple of pull shots could have gone to the hand.. I think he had a plan in mind. He attacked Kaneria...only bowler to pose some threat to windies and made other batters feel comfortable.. 100 more runs and Windies might win this by an innings...

In my humble opinion...both are bad stereotyped overhyped actors.... hic hic only difference is I find srk goodlooking ..a goodlooking bad actor. hic
Ok. You need to be banned for calling AB overhyped. He is a simply outstanding actor. Is pe charcha karni hai to General board pe ek naya vishay shuru kariye. :flux:
I never ever do this...a century is a century and its worth is how much it helps a team. When he does that ..i give credit ...when he doesn't ...i won't .... I am By God superstitious about his centuries ending in bad luck... hic but that is just my opinion and doesn't reflect on him....
Arre, I wasn't referring to you. I'm talking about some Indian fans who would froth at the mouth over a Lara knock but rubbish a similar knock from SRT.

Re: Lara on 34 hundreds 1 behind Sachin >>>>.Iam sure you know how much your man Ponting scored in India My man. :eew: ....i can't stand that arrogant ass...not a fan at all...but that doesn't mean he is not good....like you say...he performs when it count and more consistently than the other two....

>>>>.Iam sure you know how much your man Ponting scored in India My man. :eew: ....i can't stand that arrogant ass...not a fan at all...but that doesn't mean he is not good....like you say...he performs when it count and more consistently than the other two....
:lmao: :lmao: