Are urban Indians becoming excessively stupid?

Mariyam

NFL..I will watch it anyday over sleepfests like NZ-BD 5-match ODI series. For any sport following, ignorance has to be fought first. Agree Baseball is boring than the NZ-BD cricket series, but NFL is pretty exciting, lots ofs strategy plays go into the game exciting to watch. The effort that is put in is unimaginable. It is as good as a Rafa serve.
You are trying to convince the wrong set of people. Their heads are deeply buried in the sand. :winky:

Shhh.. don't spill the beans :P Anyways, its time for our ( Jakarta United) home game against Manila City in the ASEAN water polo cup. In case we lose, I might go into depression and slash my wrists. You see, its my 'passion' for my team. Till laters.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: see, this is how u support a team.

well, if u wanna simplify it, then yes. manchester utd arent the only club in manchester. why would u support them and not, oh i dunno, bury fc. its because u want to support a successful club that wins stuff every season and is always on TV. isn't that true?
So, you want someone to support a club whose matches they cannot even watch on TV and they cannot discuss about the team with anyone around them (just imagine supporting Bury FC in India - will you get even 1 person with whom you can talk about the team). I support Bury FC but I cannot watch the matches on TV, cannot talk to anyone about the team or the players etc, if I want to buy some team merchandise then I most certainly won't get it in my country - thats one hell of a support for a team :hehe:
it wouldnt be a big deal if u were watching the club since u were 12 or something and are very knowledgeable about them. but most of the indian wannabe losers arent like this. they have started following football for a few years, and adopt teams just to look cool and for the purpose of having a reason to talk **** at the bars. its a fashion statement, a FAD, not a real PASSION. simple as that. u couldnt care less about the football, why would u, u arent from manchester or london, the club isnt really a part of your life like it is for others. you losers havent even watched your adopted teams playing live. LOL.
Most of the football fans I know have been supporting their teams since they were 12-13 (same with me). As for this support being a FAD, you cannot be more wrong - many of the people I know, have over the last few years, completely lost interest in many things (including their PASSIONS like cricket or music etc) but it seems that the support for football has been continuously increasing.
to the guy that said something about IPL teams. yeah, u arent from the city of the IPL team, but at the very least, u are still an indian supporting a team with indian players. thats still a more significant connection than being a complete nobody from nowhere following a team that has nothing to do with them.
Its like this - suppose I live in an Indian city which has absolutely no connection with any IPL team or any cricketer and I will never ever get to watch the IPL matches in a stadium - how is it different from supporting ManUtd or Chelsea apart from the fact that these IPL team are based in my country.

simbly speaking' date=' it seems like Mariam's BF's footy obsession is driving her crazy. "Like, for reals yo, like, i wanted to talk about my feelings, and the FABulous gucci knock-offs i got near linking road, but he's just not interested! stupid low IQ boys and their stupid sports! bah humbug! "[/quote'] :--D:--D:--D

NFL..I will watch it anyday over sleepfests like NZ-BD 5-match ODI series. For any sport following, ignorance has to be fought first. Agree Baseball is boring than the NZ-BD cricket series, but NFL is pretty exciting, lots ofs strategy plays go into the game exciting to watch. The effort that is put in is unimaginable. It is as good as a Rafa serve.
I'm trying get into it, dunno where to start :hitler:

I'm trying get into it' date=' dunno where to start :hitler:[/quote'] Well the season just got over, where are you going to start? :hehe: Since my local SF niners have starting sucking big time, I typically only watch NFL once playoffs start and all the weak teams have gone home.

Well the season just got over, where are you going to start? :hehe: Since my local SF niners have starting sucking big time, I typically only watch NFL once playoffs start and all the weak teams have gone home.
I thought the superbowl just started? :hmmmm2:

superbowl == final. :cantstop:
omg :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i thought it was the name of the tournament :hehe: :cantstop::cantstop: :embarassed: one of my white friends asked me to join him yesterday, i couldnt go. i was abt to mail him that maybe we cud watch the next superbowl game :fear:

omg :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: i thought it was the name of the tournament :hehe: :cantstop::cantstop: :embarassed: one of my white friends asked me to join him yesterday, i couldnt go. i was abt to mail him that maybe we cud watch the next superbowl game :fear:
Please dont try to follow the sport. God knows what will happen to your IQ then. :(( Here, have this instead. B->