THE WTF news of the day thread

Gambit

[h1]Skewered: Indian teen survives 4ft pole rammed through his head[/h1] Last updated at 16:59pm on 25th November 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (6) Manish Rajpurohit has been hailed the luckiest teenager in India after he survived being skewered by a metal pole in a bus crash. The 18-year-old student was riding a bus in Andhra Pradesh state when it was hit by a lorry. The force of the smash rammed the four foot safety rail into Rajpurohit's forehead and through his skull - only missing his spine by a few millimetres. Scroll down for more... bar251107_468x535.jpg Scary x-ray: The pole narrowly missed Rajpurohit's spine Rajpurohit said: "It struck my head and embedded me into the seat. I was stuck there crying 'Help me' as loud as I could." Brave Rajpurohit had to slide his head up the pole before he could be cut free from the wreckage, but still could not remove the object. After an hour's painful journey on a rickshaw to the nearest hospital, Rajpurohit was told by doctors there was nothing they could do. Finally, after a further three hour ambulance ride to Bangalore, Rajpurohit underwent an emergency operation to remove the pole from his head. Bangalore surgeon Dr Sharan Patil said: "The first thing he said to me was 'Get this bloody thing out of my head'. It's remarkable. It missed every vital part of his brain." skull251107_468x699.jpghttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=496314&in_page_id=1770

Guest dada_rocks

Man i am supposed to attend marriage of sister-in-law and groom's family hails from Begusarai ( bad land amongst badland of bihar) just hoping no freaking moronic incident happens because firing in air is forgone conclusion.. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Firing_during_Bihar_wedding_kills_one/articleshow/2591406.cms GOPALGANJ: Gloom replaced gaiety when a woman was killed in celebratory fire at a marriage function in Bihar's Gopalganj district, police said on Monday. The incident occurred last night during the wedding ceremony of former district BJP president Harinarain Singh's daughter Priyanka, when his elder son-in-law Sanjay Singh fired his pistol in celebration. The bullet hit Gita Singh (40), wife of the leader's nephew Anil. Gita was rushed to a hospital where she succumbed to injuries this morning. Sanjay is absconding since then, while Harinarain Singh has been taken into custody for interrogation, sources said. var RN = new String (Math.random()); var RNS = RN.substring (2,11); var b2 = ' '; if (doweshowbellyad==1) bellyad.innerHTML = b2;

Rich US dog hiding after threats A dog which inherited $12m (£5.8m) from late New York hotelier Leona Helmsley is in hiding after it was targeted by death threats, US media say. Trouble, a white Maltese that belonged to the billionaire until her death in August, was flown by private jet to Florida, the New York Post reported. It says the tiny ***** was whisked away under an assumed name after receiving about 20 threats. Trouble is said to have earned a number of enemies due to its habit of biting. She was taken to an undisclosed location in Florida two months ago, the newspaper said. John Codey, who manages the dog's trust fund, told US television network CBS last week the cost of Trouble's security, medical care, chef-cooked meals and grooming was about $300,000 (£145,000) a year. Dubbed the "Queen of Mean", Mrs Helmsley stipulated in her will that her beloved dog should be buried after its death beside her and her late husband Harry, who died in 1997. When Trouble dies, any remaining money from the pet's trust will go to the charitable foundations that inherited most of the hotel magnate's estate. Famous for pronouncing that "only the little people pay taxes", Mrs Helmsley died of heart failure in August, aged 87. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7126411.stm

Most weird news are on BBC only here is another one

An Indian train driver came up with an original idea when the train he was driving broke down unexpectedly. Rather than face the prospect of scores of frustrated passengers launching a chorus of complaints, the driver instead asked them to get out and push. Many chose to get out of their seats and do just that, officials say. It took them more than half an hour to move the electric train 12ft (4m) so that it touched live overhead wires and was able to resume its journey. Momentum "In so many years of service in the railways, I have never come across such a bizarre incident," Deepak Kumar Jha, a spokesman for Indian Railways, told the Reuters news agency. Officials say the extraordinary display of passenger power occurred on Tuesday in the eastern state of Bihar after a passenger pulled the train's emergency chain, bringing it to a halt in a "neutral zone". This is a short length of track where there is no power in the overhead wires. Correspondents say that a train's momentum usually allows it to continue moving through neutral zones.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6666729.stm

‘Horny’ rhino goes dateless for 33 yrs

He is the odd ‘man’ out for he has never had a chance to show his manhood despite a bevy of armour-plated belles around him. Mohan has been yearning to mate for 30 years now. If no one has found him the ideal match, it’s because he has “one horn too manyâ€. Mohan’s apparent shortcoming is that he is the only two-horned African rhino in a state with over 65 per cent of the world’s one-horned rhino population. So, he has been forced to live a life of celibacy while his Asian cousins at the Assam State Zoo here have been multiplying. In his 33 years of captivity, Mohan has often let his frustration show. “Over the years, we tried getting a white (African) mate for him,†zoo DFO Narayan Mahanta told HT. “But there’s only one more two-horned rhino in India, and that too a male in Mysore Zoo.†Forest officials said they did initially think of mating Mohan with a “local†one-horned rhino. However, Alipore (Kolkata) Zoo’s much-criticised experiment with tigons. Besides, the prohibitive cost of bringing in a female white rhino also discouraged the authorities’ plan. “That is an excuse for a zoo that has received huge money for upgrade,†said Sangeeta Goswami of People For Animals, which has often locked horns with officials for shabby treatment meted to the caged inmates. “The cost factor is being cited to deny this rhino his sexual rights.†People for Ethical Treatment to Animals, however, has a different take. “We believe captive breeding of animals in zoos is unethical, even if it means depriving a rhino its right to reproduction,†said PETA activist Anuradha Sawhney from Mumbai. Zoo officials want Mohan to fulfill his desires, but are aware that his “virile time†is almost over with only 10 years to live. “We’d like to give him one last chance though,†said Mahanta.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?id=0076cfb7-632d-4bc9-b565-63229c4f5b99&MatchID1=4604&TeamID1=6&TeamID2=7&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1157&MatchID2=4575&TeamID3=8&TeamID4=2&MatchType2=1&SeriesID2=1147&PrimaryID=4604&Headline=%e2%80%98Horny%e2%80%99+rhino+goes+dateless+for+33+yrs

WARSAW (Reuters) - A Polish man got the shock of his life when he visited a brothel and spotted his wife among the establishment's employees. Polish tabloid Super Express said the woman had been making some extra money on the side while telling her husband she worked at a store in a nearby town. "I was dumbfounded. I thought I was dreaming," the husband told the newspaper on Wednesday. The couple, married for 14 years, are now divorcing, the newspaper reported. http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSL0910395120080109?rpc=64 :hysterical::hysterical:

WARSAW (Reuters) - A Polish man got the shock of his life when he visited a brothel and spotted his wife among the establishment's employees. Polish tabloid Super Express said the woman had been making some extra money on the side while telling her husband she worked at a store in a nearby town. "I was dumbfounded. I thought I was dreaming," the husband told the newspaper on Wednesday. The couple, married for 14 years, are now divorcing, the newspaper reported. http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSL0910395120080109?rpc=64
This is getting far too common these days really. It is not very uncommon to chat with your wifey/gf/hubby/bf online with complete different handles and both of them thinking its someone else. Many such accounts end up with the two planning to meet which as one can imagine how it goes.

Driver kills teen, sues parents over car damage Harold Heckle | January 26, 2008 - 11:35AM A speeding motorist who killed a teenage cyclist is suing the boy's parents over damage to his luxury car, the government says. Enaitz Iriondo, 17, died instantly in August 2004 when businessman Tomas Delgado's Audi A8 crashed into him at 160 kilometers per hour (100 miles per hour) near Haro in northern Spain, an Interior Ministry traffic report said. The speed limit was 90 kph (55 mph). Iriondo was not wearing reflective clothing or a helmet. As the sun had set when he crossed the path of Delgado's car from a side road, a regional court found both parties at fault and closed the case. Delgado, whose insurance company paid Iriondo's parents 33,000 ($A55,400) in compensation for their son's life, filed a suit in late 2006 to recover 20,000 ($A33,600) in damages to his car and car rental costs, the ministry traffic report said. "It's the only way I have to claim my money back," Delgado was quoted as saying by the newspaper El Pais, which first reported the story on Friday. El Pais said a ruling was expected next week. Iriondo's parents were shocked. "It's the final straw, a stab in the back," Iriondo's mother, Rosa Trinidad said, according to El Pais. "Before the lawsuit we thought the poor guy would find it hard to live the rest of his life with the thought of having caused our son's death. The European Union's statistics office says Spain recorded 113 traffic fatalities per million inhabitants in 2004. The average for the 25-nation bloc was 95. In 2006, 3,016 people died on Spain's roads. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/01/26/1201157719503.html?s_rid=www:top5

LONDON (Reuters) - Nearly half of British men surveyed would give up sex for six months in return for a 50-inch plasma TV, a survey -- perhaps unsurprisingly carried out for a firm selling televisions -- said on Friday. Electrical retailer Comet surveyed 2,000 Britons, asking them what they would give up for a large television, one of the latest consumer "must-haves". The firm found 47 percent of men would give up sex for half a year, compared to just over a third of women. "It seems that size really does matter more for men than women," the firm said. A quarter of people said they would give up smoking, with roughly the same proportion willing to give up chocolate. http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSSAT85284320080208?feedType=RSS&feedName=technologyNews :cantstop::cantstop:

Who knew women could do such strong handshakes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7237248.stm A Florida lawyer has been charged with assault for over-vigorously shaking the hand of a fellow attorney. Kathy Brewer Rentas, 49, shook the hand of Assistant US Attorney Jennifer Keene so hard her arm was nearly ripped out of its socket, a court official said. Moments before, Ms Keene successfully prosecuted Ms Brewer Rentas' husband. Anthony Rentas was accused of violating the terms of a probation order for supplying cocaine, and sentenced to 90 days of house arrest. After the hearing in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Mrs Brewer Rentas insisted on shaking the prosecuting lawyer's hand. In shaking it, she nearly floored Ms Keene with the vigour of her hand-action. "With Keene in hand, Brewer made an upward, then a quick downward motion and pulled Keene toward the ground moving her forward, almost causing Keene to fall to the ground," said a court security officer. Alicia Valle, a spokeswoman for the US Attorney's Office, said assaulting a federal officer was a serious matter and that Mrs Brewer Rentas would be prosecuted "vigorously". "As a member of the bar, she should know better," she said. Mrs Brewer Rentas was freed on Friday on $100,000 (£50,000) bail, after spending a night in solitary confinement, and ordered to undergo psychological examination. She was also ordered to stay away from Mrs Keene, and faces up to a year in prison if convicted of assault. Mrs Brewer Rentas says she did not intend to cause any harm.