Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

What I think is domestic standards may not be the best criteria to test..his first big test will be in IPL when he bowls against International batsman...that will tell how good and quick he is... and doesn't he look to have a few extra pounds in his body?
His seam position is very good also we may find out how good he is but speed will remain the same or he may bowl quicker.

21-year-old Varun Aaron shatters Ishant Sharma’s record to emerge fastest domestic tie bowler Jamshedpur, March 3: He makes willow warriors wince in worry. He makes pacers pause in wonder. And speed, they say, is his second name. Meet Varun Aaron, the arguable Indian cousin of Rawalpindi Express Shoaib Akhtar. The 21-year-old Jamshedpur boy is currently the country’s fastest domestic tie bowler with a delivery speed of 153.5kmph. Varun crossed the 150kmph speedometer mark in the just concluded Vijay Hazare Trophy final at Holkar Stadium in Indore. Though the Jharkhand spearhead’s delivery did not cause any harm to Gujarat batsmen, his torrential pace did come under the notice of senior national selectors Narendra Hirwani and Surendra Bhave. Coming out of a nagging back injury, which threatened to derail our very own Rajdhani Express’s career not long ago, Varun surpassed Ishant Sharma’s 149.5kmph delivery record in domestic circuit. The youngster is serious about bowling more such sizzlers in his next assignment — the Deodhar Trophy. “I feel happy to have regained my pace. I love speed,” Varun told The Telegraph. He added that the record struck him after the match as the effort was not predetermined. “I was bowling at my normal speed of above 144.5 km/hour, but I must have bent my back a tad more to generate that kind of a speed,” the right-hand bowler said. A potent force in the Jharkhand Ranji pace attack, Varun is indebted to the legendary Dennis Lillee who was instrumental in changing his bowling action. “Earlier, my body used to bend on the left at the time of releasing the ball. This put more load on me. But now I am bowling straight. The change in posture has helped me generate more speed,” he said, recalling Lillee’s role in his stint at the MRF Pace Academy in Chennai. The youth firmly believes that speed has to be God-gifted and cannot be gathered through training. “Speed is natural. One cannot train to bowl fast,” he said, adding that he had put in a lot of hard work in maintaining his body all these years. “I have spent time in increasing my core strength. The hours spent at the gym is paying dividends now. I feel confident and swifter,” the medium pacer, who will don the Delhi Daredevils jersey in next month’s IPL, said. Varun relies heavily on high-protein diet, with eggs and meat coming up as his major health supplements. Besides speed, the well-built seamer is also known as a good mover of the ball. Basically an in-swing bowler, Varun also has the capability to surprise batsmen with his away swingers. He is a dangerous opponent with his off-cutters and leg-cutters too. The city boy had been bowling at 137-138kmph during his stints in junior cricket, but age has added more strength to his overall performance. “Yes, it is a fact and natural at that. I used to make quick deliveries during my formative years, but age has surely added more power. Regular stints at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore and tutelage under Dennis Sir have helped me a lot. Seam bowling depends a lot on how you maintain your body,” the shooting star signed off. FINALLY THE MEDIA HAS GOT HOLD OF HIM. http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110304/jsp/jharkhand/story_13665386.jsp

just chcked FC bowling average is 38 get the **** out of here. this guy isnt worth a thread
He has played 11 games and is 21 years old. Let the man develop his skills. His OD record is good and he has shown good sustained pace. People criticising the number of threads need to calm down. Perhaps the moderators should have made an official thread, but he has shown speed in Indian domestic cricket - of course speed deprived Indian fans will get excited. No one on the forums believe, except perhaps you, that number of posts about a player note Test match potential. I think it is promising that we have a number of bowlers (well, at least 3) who can bowl over 140kph. Dinda often bowled at 140kph in his brief stint in the ODI and T20 teams; Yadav actually bowled with slightly less speed than Dinda against Zimbabwe but shows sustained pace in the IPL which I'm sure will not totally elude him for ODI cricket and we have the emergence of Varun Aaron too. Regarding Aaron's action, I'm surprised not to read many comments on his run up. Whereas Shoaib charges in, Lee rhythmically approaches the wicket at top speed, Steyn runs in, etc, Aaron appears to shuffle in unnaturally. Load up looks excellent, which I guess explains the speed and he releases from a powerful position. The follow through looks a bit stiff and like it underuses the non bowling arm (watch the follow through of Brett Lee or Stuart Broad). One thing that Yadav, Aaron and Dinda have in common is that they're all quite unorthodox in their technique. Yadav ambles in, Aaron just looks a bit stiff in run up and follow through and Dinda obviously has that charge in, stop, jump 10m to the crease and then bowl.

pace is the most overrated aspect of bowling. do u honestly give a damn about how quick a delivery is? until the ICC starts issuing bonus points for every quick delivery and starts awarding medals for bowling phaaasht, there is no point in discussing pace. celebrating speed :laugh: is the refuge of success starved losers with nothing to do, i.e. pakis. i am still laughing at that canadian tailender comfortably smacking an 88 mph ball from wuahab riyaz for a straight six. mastering control, line and length is the most important thing. if u have that, and pace to go with it, then you are someone ppl can get excited about. othewise, u are nothing. u will end up with a bowling average of 38 :laugh: i would much rather see young indian bowlers trying to bowl skilfully like zaheer khan, learning how to work a batsman out with well directed and varied deliveries, instead of trying to bowl phaaaaaaaaaaahshhtl and getting hit everywhere. doesnt take a genius to work out which type of bowler is gonna have the longer career.

pace is the most overrated aspect of bowling.
You are retarded It's Pace + Swing/Cutters Pace itself is garbage. Swing itself is garbage. If bowlers swing and bowl a very good delivery at 120 kph. That won't be successful because batsmen will get more time to see the ball. So it's always something mixed with pace. 140 km/h with some crazy swings is very effective rather than 120 km/h with some crazy swings.

@manny you looking at only his FC record..look at his list A record how good it is...he is just starting his trade and he is pretty accurate..pace is not garbage..pace alwsys makes difference..ack any batsman whenever he faces a genuine quickie

The youth firmly believes that speed has to be God-gifted and cannot be gathered through training. “Speed is natural. One cannot train to bowl fast,” he said, adding that he had put in a lot of hard work in maintaining his body all these years.
That is pretty dumb. Speed needs to be god gifted, so god chose only this bloke out of billions of people to bowl fast??? This attitude can't take one too far as when they fall away they will blame it on god or karma rather than their method of training. It is not that hard to bowl fast, it just needs right attitude and self belief. I can understand certain body structure can bowl quicker than some but that doesn't translate to god given gifts. There's no such thing as god given gift in sports, it is all developed over years and years of training. Good to believe in god as that gives a bit more confidence but to say one's a better cricketer because god bestowed special skills has no idea how to develop a skill.
You are retarded It's Pace + Swing/Cutters Pace itself is garbage. Swing itself is garbage. If bowlers swing and bowl a very good delivery at 120 kph. That won't be successful because batsmen will get more time to see the ball. So it's always something mixed with pace. 140 km/h with some crazy swings is very effective rather than 120 km/h with some crazy swings.
i clearly stated that a good bowler would have control over swing to go with pace. i know it's hard for you, but at least try to read

@king but its also a fact that eveyone cannot boel fast.He meant with god gift was physical ingredients is mustly natural..Pace can be enhanced and fine tuned with training but muscles used for paceIf must be there. If they are not there then they are not

@king but its also a fact that eveyone cannot boel fast.He meant with god gift was physical ingredients is mustly natural..Pace can be enhanced and fine tuned with training but muscles used for paceIf must be there. If they are not there then they are not
Physical ingredients? Describe one typical physical ingredients to bowl fast please. Malinga, Malcom Marshall, Danny Morrison, Waqar are all fairly smaller frame. As for Garner, Ambrose, McGrath and a few others they were not fast. What are the muscles, height and weight do you reckon helps bowling fast would you know?

@king height and physique are not the ingredients i m talking about its the fast twitch fibers in the body which you can enhance by training but cant create if you dont have enough.As far as mcgrath and ambrose Both were quick enough initally for batsmen