Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

people believe they know everything... dudes'.. this guy has been to MRF pace academy not once but a ZILLION times, do you really think NOBODY THERE would have told him.. "control is NECESSITY" , idiots .. if you know it even the BOWLER knows it.. but if somebody has pace he need not to be told .. every fast bowler every played this game knows the importance of line length which they develop with time and not from the time when they come out of their MUMMA.

it was interesting reading the article about him in the telegraph where he says, his main diet is HIGH PROTEIN diet, eggs, meat etc. this should be a lesson for JAIDEV UNADKAT, the guy freaked out when he got selected in the INdian squad cos he would have to eat Meat now. Lolz thats hillarious, these pussies doesnt know the value of High Protein Diet, i guess. Protein from any other form can be consumed but not quantity which comes from Meat. Interesting!

Eating meat and hoping to develop as better players is too late for some these wannabe phasst bowlers, guys like Unadkat is a prime example. His career is basically over before it began because he never had the right foundation and it shows when competing at the top level. Who were they trying to fool by trying to bowl fast and have stamia/fitness to last 5 days? Even if you dont eat meat for whatever reason, where is the excuse of not building your body and having the right tools to being a bowler? Most of them probably dont know what a gym is until they started training/getting noticed at the top level. :giggle:

@iku unadkat is very young only 19, this is the right age to start going to gym and work on the muscles which are used in pace bowling, its not about making big biceps and triceps its about making those muscles used to, enhance them and make them stronger

it was interesting reading the article about him in the telegraph where he says' date=' his main diet is HIGH PROTEIN diet, eggs, meat etc. this should be a lesson for JAIDEV UNADKAT, the guy freaked out when he got selected in the INdian squad cos he would have to eat Meat now. Lolz thats hillarious, these pussies doesnt know the value of High Protein Diet, i guess. Protein from any other form can be consumed but not quantity which comes from Meat. Interesting![/quote'] They should eat Tiger, Lion, Polar bear more.
@iku unadkat is very young only 19' date=' this is the right age to start going to gym and work on the muscles which are used in pace bowling, its not about making big biceps and triceps its about making those muscles used to, enhance them and make them stronger[/quote'] 0% chance its gonna happen though. He looks like hell get knocked out in one punch, check out the youngsters coming through from Australia, NZ, SA or England. You need to have some bulk or core strength to build on. You cant go from being a zero to a hero like you are expecting from Unadkat.

@iku look at mohammad aamir and adam milne, both are slim and still quick..Unadkat to had bowled in high 130s in u19 world cup which shows he has those fast twitch muscles which he can enhance by training being bulky doesnt mean pace..look at jacob oram

Would not hype him as of now. He looks not much better than Umesh Yadav. The only difference is that he is a bit faster than Umesh Yadav at times but on the downside his accuracy is even worse than Umesh. I would not hype him up as of now. Let him perform and hope we do not make another Atul Sharma out of him.

@viru in 10 list A games he has taken 18 wickets at 18 average and strike rate 23..in the semi final too he was unplayable with only 24 runs given in 10 overs, 2 maidans to go with and a wicket ad well on a slow pitch..his record in list A is pretty good

0% chance its gonna happen though. He looks like hell get knocked out in one punch, check out the youngsters coming through from Australia, NZ, SA or England. You need to have some bulk or core strength to build on. You cant go from being a zero to a hero like you are expecting from Unadkat.
:haha::haha:

The Next Fast Thing: Varun Aaron scorches pitch with 153-kmph ball http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-next-fast-thing-varun-aaron-scorches-pitch-wi.../758491/ Kicking up a puff of dust, the leather tore through the top soil, fizzing its way past the batsman for a dot ball. But somewhere down his lengthy follow-through, Varun Aaron knew that he had done something bordering on the incredible. While the rest of his Jharkhand team-mates walked back to their fielding positions in anticipation of more action from the next delivery, the fast bowler stared long and hard at batter Niraj Patel, who smiled back in approval. Later in the evening, Patel would be told that he had faced the fastest ball bowled by an Indian, ever. Patel’s shouldering arm routine may not have done much to justify the feat, nor did the widish line of the ball outside off-stump from Aaron. But in front of a spectator-less Holkar Stadium in Indore during the Vijay Hazare Trophy final between Jharkhand and Gujarat — with the overshadowing cricket World Cup as the backdrop — the 21-year-old tear-away quick had kicked up more than just a puff of dust. It was a storm gathering at 153 kmph. “From the moment I released it, I knew I had done something special. It was fantastic to get the speed gun’s approval. The others may be shocked at the 153 kmph speed, but it wasn’t much of a surprise to me. I constantly bowl above the 140 mark,†says Aaron. Parthiv Patel, who was captaining Gujarat in the game, agrees. “He is a fiercely quick bowler, as fast as any I’ve faced at the international level. Niraj, who faced the ball, was quite amazed. It’s hard to bowl that fast consistently, but Varun constantly zips it in the high 140s,†says Parthiv, who recently faced Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel at their peak in South Africa. But could the speed gun have doled out a wrong reading? “Those who were bowling at 120 were recorded at 120. It didn’t go wrong with the spinners or the medium pacers, so why should it only go wrong with Aaron? There’s always room for scientific error, but the speed gun was accurate,†reasons Amitabh Choudhary, president of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association. Registered at 95.63 mph, Aaron is still a few miles short of the mythical three-figure barrier, but the strapping lad has come closer to it than any other Indian bowler — past, present, domestic or international — has before. He may not be in the same bracket as the Taits, Akhtars and Lees of the world, but with age on his side, Aaron is a mouth-watering prospect for the speed-starved Indian fans. And unlike the many who promised much and delivered at the low 130s, the Jharkhand lad has the guarantee of a speed-gun reading. While the likes of Munaf Patel, VRV Singh, Umesh Yadav, Abhimanyu Mithun and Jaidev Unadkat (to name a few) smacked the spotlight for being reported to have cometed furious speeds at nervous batsmen in the domestic circuit, a stint with international cricket more or less brainwashed them into concentrating on the dreaded ‘line and length.’ But Aaron swears that he is not going to go down the same path. Speaking in a tongue reserved for tearaway quicks, the confident Aaron says: “Fast bowling is my strength and nothing is going to stop me from bowling faster. I’m not going to make the mistake of forgetting my strengths when I’m under pressure for a place in the team. If I really had to concentrate on line and length, I would have done it last year after suffering two stress fractures to my back. I wouldn’t have pushed myself despite the injuries if I wanted to be a control bowler.†The signs are all there. The early age stress fractures are the scars of any genuinely quick bowler, if Pakistan bowling coach Aaquib Javed is to be believed. “The positives of getting a stress fracture at an early age for a quick bowler is that once the player has recovered, he will only grow from strength to strength as his body develops. That’s what I told Mohammad Amir when he recovered. Any great bowler that Pakistan has produced has dealt with it early in life,†says Javed. By conventional wisdom, Aaron claims he has already taken the requisite technical steps to ensure the stress fracture doesn’t recur. “I used to tilt to my left during the run-up. The load on one side caused the damage. Now I’ve corrected it, and run absolutely straight towards the popping crease,†he assures. The corrective measures, though, were a tad too late as far as IPL III was concerned, as the injuries saw him miss out on playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders—a dream for the Jamshedpur-born boy whose parents moved to the steel city from Bangalore in the 80s. While he may have missed grabbing onto the eye-catching platform (surely would’ve been a greater advertisement for his art than his 25 wickets from 11 first-class games) Aaron did manage to turn the important heads of consultant Wasim Akram, coach Dav Whatmore and assistant coach Vijay Dahiya, just like he had in the MRF Pace Academy and the Australian Institute of Sports in 2008 with his high energy bursts during net sessions. TA Sekhar, who worked with Aaron at MRF, is also amongst his long list of fans. “I was the one who selected him at a very young age. He was less than 15 then, and was very quick for his age. Initially, he had a bit of a mixed action, which was open at the hips but closed at the shoulders. I helped him correct that, and now he bowls front-on,†says Sekhar. While wrapping Aaron in cotton wool is one option, unleashing him on opponents is another. Indian skipper and Jharkhand state-mate MS Dhoni is a believer in the latter. “I haven’t seen much of him, but from what I’ve heard, Aaron is great news for Indian cricket. It is also satisfying to know that Jharkhand has now produced a fast bowler of quality. The future is a bright one for Aaron,†says Dhoni.

@iku look at mohammad aamir and adam milne' date=' both are slim and still quick..Unadkat to had bowled in high 130s in u19 world cup which shows he has those fast twitch muscles which he can enhance by training being bulky doesnt mean pace..look at jacob oram[/quote'] As far as I know, many fitness trainers nowadays believe that excessive number of injuries to cricket players because they spend more that required time in gym. Shane Watson used to spend half of his time of on operation table until two years ago. I have read that since then he has stopped Gym and works only on stamina thing. And you see he has been injury free in last two years and in turn what a player he turned out to be. I have read both Kapil and Steyn telling that for fast bowling stamina is more important asset than muscle power. So as rkt told, being bulky doesn't really mean that bowler will be fast.
As far as I know' date=' many fitness trainers nowadays believe that excessive number of injuries to cricket players because they spend more that required time in gym. Shane Watson used to spend half of his time of on operation table until two years ago. I have read that since then he has stopped Gym and works only on stamina thing. And you see he has been injury free in last two years and in turn what a player he turned out to be. I have read both Kapil and Steyn telling that for fast bowling stamina is more important asset than muscle power. So as rkt told, being bulky doesn't really mean that bowler will be fast.[/quote'] fast bowler does need to exercise in gym but not heavy weight exercise4s always..light weight exercises, core exercises along with cardio...and fast exercises which can work enhancing the speed and power of fast twitch muscles in the upper body parts and legs...
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/the-next-fast-thing-varun-aaron-scorches-pitch-wi.../758491/ Kicking up a puff of dust, the leather tore through the top soil, fizzing its way past the batsman for a dot ball. But somewhere down his lengthy follow-through, Varun Aaron knew that he had done something bordering on the incredible. While the rest of his Jharkhand team-mates walked back to their fielding positions in anticipation of more action from the next delivery, the fast bowler stared long and hard at batter Niraj Patel, who smiled back in approval. Later in the evening, Patel would be told that he had faced the fastest ball bowled by an Indian, ever. Patel’s shouldering arm routine may not have done much to justify the feat, nor did the widish line of the ball outside off-stump from Aaron. But in front of a spectator-less Holkar Stadium in Indore during the Vijay Hazare Trophy final between Jharkhand and Gujarat — with the overshadowing cricket World Cup as the backdrop — the 21-year-old tear-away quick had kicked up more than just a puff of dust. It was a storm gathering at 153 kmph. “From the moment I released it, I knew I had done something special. It was fantastic to get the speed gun’s approval. The others may be shocked at the 153 kmph speed, but it wasn’t much of a surprise to me. I constantly bowl above the 140 mark,†says Aaron. Parthiv Patel, who was captaining Gujarat in the game, agrees. “He is a fiercely quick bowler, as fast as any I’ve faced at the international level. Niraj, who faced the ball, was quite amazed. It’s hard to bowl that fast consistently, but Varun constantly zips it in the high 140s,†says Parthiv, who recently faced Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel at their peak in South Africa. But could the speed gun have doled out a wrong reading? “Those who were bowling at 120 were recorded at 120. It didn’t go wrong with the spinners or the medium pacers, so why should it only go wrong with Aaron? There’s always room for scientific error, but the speed gun was accurate,†reasons Amitabh Choudhary, president of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association. Registered at 95.63 mph, Aaron is still a few miles short of the mythical three-figure barrier, but the strapping lad has come closer to it than any other Indian bowler — past, present, domestic or international — has before. He may not be in the same bracket as the Taits, Akhtars and Lees of the world, but with age on his side, Aaron is a mouth-watering prospect for the speed-starved Indian fans. And unlike the many who promised much and delivered at the low 130s, the Jharkhand lad has the guarantee of a speed-gun reading. While the likes of Munaf Patel, VRV Singh, Umesh Yadav, Abhimanyu Mithun and Jaidev Unadkat (to name a few) smacked the spotlight for being reported to have cometed furious speeds at nervous batsmen in the domestic circuit, a stint with international cricket more or less brainwashed them into concentrating on the dreaded ‘line and length.’ But Aaron swears that he is not going to go down the same path. Speaking in a tongue reserved for tearaway quicks, the confident Aaron says: “Fast bowling is my strength and nothing is going to stop me from bowling faster. I’m not going to make the mistake of forgetting my strengths when I’m under pressure for a place in the team. If I really had to concentrate on line and length, I would have done it last year after suffering two stress fractures to my back. I wouldn’t have pushed myself despite the injuries if I wanted to be a control bowler.†The signs are all there. The early age stress fractures are the scars of any genuinely quick bowler, if Pakistan bowling coach Aaquib Javed is to be believed. “The positives of getting a stress fracture at an early age for a quick bowler is that once the player has recovered, he will only grow from strength to strength as his body develops. That’s what I told Mohammad Amir when he recovered. Any great bowler that Pakistan has produced has dealt with it early in life,†says Javed. By conventional wisdom, Aaron claims he has already taken the requisite technical steps to ensure the stress fracture doesn’t recur. “I used to tilt to my left during the run-up. The load on one side caused the damage. Now I’ve corrected it, and run absolutely straight towards the popping crease,†he assures. The corrective measures, though, were a tad too late as far as IPL III was concerned, as the injuries saw him miss out on playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders—a dream for the Jamshedpur-born boy whose parents moved to the steel city from Bangalore in the 80s. While he may have missed grabbing onto the eye-catching platform (surely would’ve been a greater advertisement for his art than his 25 wickets from 11 first-class games) Aaron did manage to turn the important heads of consultant Wasim Akram, coach Dav Whatmore and assistant coach Vijay Dahiya, just like he had in the MRF Pace Academy and the Australian Institute of Sports in 2008 with his high energy bursts during net sessions. TA Sekhar, who worked with Aaron at MRF, is also amongst his long list of fans. “I was the one who selected him at a very young age. He was less than 15 then, and was very quick for his age. Initially, he had a bit of a mixed action, which was open at the hips but closed at the shoulders. I helped him correct that, and now he bowls front-on,†says Sekhar. While wrapping Aaron in cotton wool is one option, unleashing him on opponents is another. Indian skipper and Jharkhand state-mate MS Dhoni is a believer in the latter. “I haven’t seen much of him, but from what I’ve heard, Aaron is great news for Indian cricket. It is also satisfying to know that Jharkhand has now produced a fast bowler of quality. The future is a bright one for Aaron,†says Dhoni.
that was exactly my point, line and length is not something a fast bowler doesnt know, that can be developed , but not SPEED. somebody with speed will Eventually get Line and Length to certain degree to make the batsman uncomfortable, but a bowler with Line and Length can do nothing more than PRAY for a helpful pitch to bowl fast.