Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Who's rahul shukla?is he also quick
I have never seen him bowl, but he is a strong man even better built than Varun Aaron. Both played together for Jharkhand in junior cricket and both have done equally well at U19 level. I have heard he is quick too. May not be as quick as Aaron but fast medium.
He must be odi squad after wc, as well as yadav. Get them in squad and good atmosphere and traing of team india. Play them a lot in odis, they will have off days but they will improve massivley from experience and game time!
yeah..that is what I also said in another thread that I do not want to see at least Nehra and Dadaji in Indian team..they both are not long term options for the team...and also Sreeshanth should only concentrate on tests
I have never seen him bowl' date=' but he is a strong man even better built than Varun Aaron. Both played together for Jharkhand in junior cricket and both have done equally well at U19 level. I have heard he is quick too. May not be as quick as Aaron but fast medium.[/quote'] Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 First-class 11 14 1757 962 25 5/17 7/53 38.48 3.28 70.2 0 1 0 List A 11 11 524 402 23 5/47 5/47 17.47 4.60 22.7 0 2 0 Twenty20 7 7 156 154 6 2/6 2/6 25.66 5.92 26.0 0 0 0 Above is Varun Aroon's domestic list A matches records.... Average runs per wicket is 38.48 and in list A it is 17.4 38.48 is a bit too high and hence he some times has been bowling first change in his side as well... list A average looks impressive though. only point to Note is that if he is so outstanding and so pacy shouldnt he be bowling with the new ball always instead of first Change. Is He that GOOD??? 2 dozen straight balls bowled near 145K can get even good batsmen OUT..So My question is Is he that Good....if he balls 145K balls on indian tracks , he should be actually taking a fifer in practically 9 ininings out of 10.... Umesh is a 136 to 144K Bowler with lil or no swing and he is taking around 5 wickets once in six matches with an average of around 2 + wickets in all matches.. this guys hud have a better record than many. Indian Batsmen are good batters but they dont play that well against genuine pace and I am sure if he is genuinely fast he should be taking wickets in buckets( 3 or more in all matches) Is he getting that Performance

@Vishal above i was talking about Rahul Shukla

Umesh is a 136 to 144K Bowler with lil or no swing and he is taking around 5 wickets once in six matches with an average of around 2 + wickets in all matches.. this guys hud have a better record than many.
He is up to 137 to 147 K bowler which I have seen him..
38.48 is a bit too high and hence he some times has been bowling first change in his side as well... list A average looks impressive though. only point to Note is that if he is so outstanding and so pacy shouldnt he be bowling with the new ball always instead of first Change. Is He that GOOD??? 2 dozen straight balls bowled near 145K can get even good batsmen OUT..So My question is Is he that Good....if he balls 145K balls on indian tracks , he should be actually taking a fifer in practically 9 innings out of 10....
I watched two one day matches of him played and 2-3 catches were dropped of his bowling in those matches and also as he plays for plate team so his team is not that strong in 4 day games...He may not get to bowl in both innings of the match as sometimes they lose by innings... The biggest fact is dropped catches..that is why you may see most of his dismissals are bowled or LBW...if they drop 1-2 catches every match...than it makes 11 to 22 wickets difference in his total wickets tally..and this dropped catches may be more.... and other aspect is that as he is young and quick he tries to bowl fast and may not be accurate all times. other aspect I observed is, the teams and batsmen in plate league teams sometimes are not even good to edge his deliveries because they are too fast for them to play..I observed it in the game against Vidarbha... and also he is just 21, he is still learning the art of taking wickets..Being fast does not mean you will take wickets every time you will bowl...bowler needs to know how to use the pace and deceive the batsmen especially when there is not much help in the wickets..not much bounce or pace..There are many factors related to this.. Otherwise, I can bowlers like Jogi, Ranadeb Bose, gagandeep, etc, take heaps of wickets but still they are not anywhere near international standard
Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 First-class 11 14 1757 962 25 5/17 7/53 38.48 3.28 70.2 0 1 0 List A 11 11 524 402 23 5/47 5/47 17.47 4.60 22.7 0 2 0 Twenty20 7 7 156 154 6 2/6 2/6 25.66 5.92 26.0 0 0 0 Above is Varun Aroon's domestic list A matches records.... Average runs per wicket is 38.48 and in list A it is 17.4 38.48 is a bit too high and hence he some times has been bowling first change in his side as well... list A average looks impressive though. only point to Note is that if he is so outstanding and so pacy shouldnt he be bowling with the new ball always instead of first Change. Is He that GOOD??? 2 dozen straight balls bowled near 145K can get even good batsmen OUT..So My question is Is he that Good....if he balls 145K balls on indian tracks , he should be actually taking a fifer in practically 9 ininings out of 10.... Umesh is a 136 to 144K Bowler with lil or no swing and he is taking around 5 wickets once in six matches with an average of around 2 + wickets in all matches.. this guys hud have a better record than many. Indian Batsmen are good batters but they dont play that well against genuine pace and I am sure if he is genuinely fast he should be taking wickets in buckets( 3 or more in all matches) Is he getting that Performance
give me one bowler who killed all the domestic teams before entering to the national side ? can you remember one, zaheer, nehra, srinath, agarkar, prasad., bla bla bla .. all these had their moments in domestic matches, zaheer gets hit for SIXes if he goes and bowl in domestic matches today. so you can't just say every indian bowler puts the domestic batsman into submission. Umesh is a "prospect" who has not got many chances, varun is a "prospect" who has never got chances, we are discussing the bright future of these "prospects" if they learn the art to slog it out in the international arena.
give me one bowler who killed all the domestic teams before entering to the national side ? can you remember one, zaheer, nehra, srinath, agarkar, prasad., bla bla bla .. all these had their moments in domestic matches, zaheer gets hit for SIXes if he goes and bowl in domestic matches today. so you can't just say every indian bowler puts the domestic batsman into submission. Umesh is a "prospect" who has not got many chances, varun is a "prospect" who has never got chances, we are discussing the bright future of these "prospects" if they learn the art to slog it out in the international arena.
check Umesh Yadav's record ..it looks much better ODIs 3 3 132 129 1 1/61 1/61 129.00 5.86 132.0 0 0 0 First-class 19 32 3184 1693 65 7/74 8/79 26.04 3.19 48.9 2 4 0 List A 19 19 859 749 18 3/40 3/40 41.61 5.23 47.7 0 0 0 Twenty20 13 13 271 357 10 2/24 2/24 35.70 7.90 27.1 0 0 0 Career statistics 7 for 74 and 8 for 79 are best 26 is average to take wickets in frist class in List A he is even better.... Vishal
my question is dont u agree that his performance in indian domestic matches is not as Impressive as it shud be( if he is that GOOD).. i would want that I am proved wrong and he proves out great. ALL over indian circles VRV was the tendulkar in fast bowling and HE FLOPPED BIG. then MUNAF was considered Great and fast.. he is neither great nor fast now.. he is playing just bcos NEHRA IS UNFIT and sreesanth looks getting out of form and Praveen is unfit. ZAK and Srinath always took a lot of wickets and proved themselves but there are players who are talked a lot but they dont deliver as much....ZAK and Srinath were never talked much but they delivered performance.... Umesh and Varun and VRV are being talked a lot even Unadket but performance and PAce needs to be maintained only if the guy has the stregth determination and right attitude along with the Talent. Strength: Varun looks strong determination: cant say Attitude: cant say.. does he hit batsmen , is he feared as a bowler Talent: it looks he has Hard work: hopefully he does. Vishal
@Vishal above i was talking about Rahul Shukla He is up to 137 to 147 K bowler which I have seen him.. I watched two one day matches of him played and 2-3 catches were dropped of his bowling in those matches and also as he plays for plate team so his team is not that strong in 4 day games...He may not get to bowl in both innings of the match as sometimes they lose by innings... The biggest fact is dropped catches..that is why you may see most of his dismissals are bowled or LBW...if they drop 1-2 catches every match...than it makes 11 to 22 wickets difference in his total wickets tally..and this dropped catches may be more.... and other aspect is that as he is young and quick he tries to bowl fast and may not be accurate all times. other aspect I observed is, the teams and batsmen in plate league teams sometimes are not even good to edge his deliveries because they are too fast for them to play..I observed it in the game against Vidarbha... and also he is just 21, he is still learning the art of taking wickets..Being fast does not mean you will take wickets every time you will bowl...bowler needs to know how to use the pace and deceive the batsmen especially when there is not much help in the wickets..not much bounce or pace..There are many factors related to this.. Otherwise, I can bowlers like Jogi, Ranadeb Bose, gagandeep, etc, take heaps of wickets but still they are not anywhere near international standard
Good Point that there would be catches missed of his bowling and he plays for a not too strong team...thats taken. but dear u need to agree that swing bowlers take wicekts like joginder ranadeb and others but even fast bowlers do take wicekts in Buckets and indian league and domestic are great batsmen against spin bowlers but not good against genuine Pace bowlers. ANy international Spin bowler may play against a Mumbai or Delhi Side and end up taking 2 wickets in 25 overs but any international Pace bowler in genuine internatuional teams is likely to get 3 to 5 wicekts every time they come and bowl against Mumbai, DElhi.west zone,north zone or other domestic state teams. I mean Kemar roach,umar gul, wahab riaz, darren sammy , srilankan pacers and even other pace bowlers will defintely get good wicekts in indian domestic tournaments. I mean to just say that international level fast bowler should be able to make genuine inroads in indian domestic too. ZAK used to underbowl when he was playing for Mumbai like 15 overs or so still got 3 or 4 wickets,,,,,, see his record... Bowling averages Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10 Tests 78 143 15756 8658 271 7/87 10/149 31.94 3.29 58.1 13 10 1 ODIs 185 182 9302 7614 260 5/42 5/42 29.28 4.91 35.7 7 1 0 T20Is 12 12 250 327 13 4/19 4/19 25.15 7.84 19.2 1 0 0 First-class 142 29238 16180 590 9/138 27.42 3.32 49.5 32 8 List A 238 11950 9717 335 5/42 5/42 29.00 4.87 35.6 10 1 0 Twenty20 60 60 1314 1693 61 4/19 4/19 27.75 7.73 21.5 1 0 0 Average per wicket 27 and 26. 9 for 138 and 5 for 42 and 7 for 87 as best looks impressive.
I mean to just say that international level fast bowler should be able to make genuine inroads in indian domestic too.
people don't become international level at birth.its a process. you seem to have no conception of how a players gradually progress in skill levels step by step. he is something like what you call a raw talent.he require polish and refinement. so hold your horses.and pls throw the stats into the dustbin.

@vishal you are talking about his fc stats, look at list A stat, strike rate of 22, ave of 17, 22 wickets in 11 matches, thats a very good start, if he would have played for mumbai, he had taken more wickets in fc too, he is as quick as any in this WC