Tape Ball Cricket

Pioneer

It's both. One is the red tape and the "grip" as we call it is white tape
I've never played any cricket. I'm going to make a late 1st class debut. I have never seen anyone play tape ball cricket either. I've seen kids play with the rubber ball or the regular cricket ball. But never with a tape ball. Is only a tennis ball taped? Or is the regular cricket ball also taped?
Well most serious school level matches use seasoned balls. Tapeball produces good fast bowlers but rubbish batsman and spinners. Its just that tapeball isnt part of Indian cricketing culture.
Yeah its true that it completely messes up a batsman technique, it'll take quite a bit of proper coaching to rectify those problems as they become habitual. I was wondering because it seems to be a better substitute for a cricket ball than a normal tennis ball.
I've never played any cricket. I'm going to make a late 1st class debut. I have never seen anyone play tape ball cricket either. I've seen kids play with the rubber ball or the regular cricket ball. But never with a tape ball. Is only a tennis ball taped? Or is the regular cricket ball also taped?
The tape ball culture is exclusive to Pakistan only. Although now I believe it is rapidly being spread across other cricket playing Asian nations Yes only the tennis ball is taped. The main objective of doing so is to decrease the bounce it would otherwise generate. Taping a ball allows it to skid and behave more like a proper cricket "hard" ball on almost every possible surface. Ingenious na? :nice:
I used to play a lot with the tape ball in Dubai' date=' mostly used white tape and used red/green for seam/grip. Was quit fun.[/quote'] Oh yes it's very fun. The ball swings a lot if the tape rips from one side of the seam. I also used to ball cutters during my playing days. The trick is to have more layers of tape for the seam (grip) and obviously the know how of making the ball talk :) You must've played it with other Pakistanis I take it?
Oh yes it's very fun. The ball swings a lot if the tape rips from one side of the seam. I also used to ball cutters during my playing days. The trick is to have more layers of tape for the seam (grip) and obviously the know how of making the ball talk :)
you just mentioned the 'know how' - keep scratching away at one side the seam with nails or an object like a bottle cap - got it. why didn't imran, waqar, akram use this technique? they could have got a lot more wickets and been more unplayable.
you just mentioned the 'know how' - keep scratching away at one side the seam with nails or an object like a bottle cap - got it. why didn't imran, waqar, akram use this technique? they could have got a lot more wickets and been more unplayable.
Sorry I didn't get you. Come again please? You didn't make any sense with that post so I would suggest you re-read my post again You can't bowl cutters by tampering :P