The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

It is difficult to think rationally on Ind's chances because of the emotions involved. The emotions would usually over-ride rationality and tell you that Ind will win and somehow we will overcome the problems and challenges we face We know that Ind is one of the better teams in this competition. And it has good chances of winning this tourney. So we take that as the base and work on solving our problems and better equip ourselves to handle the challenges we are likely to face In KO games, players know that this could be their last game in the WC. That knowledge builds enormous amount of pressure on you, esp. since this is the world cup. This pressure somewhat blurs the line b/w good players and avg players with many playing above their potential while many playing below theirs. Our batting is solid but if it doesn't deliver in pressure situation, it means little. On the other hand, our bowling is weak but if it delivers under pressure, it means something. One of the keys to Ind winning this world cup is playing players who excel under pressure situations I think we have got some good players who can play well under pressure. If the players manage to up their confidence level then we can go the distance. This is a delicate situation as too much criticism can create doubts in players minds (something that Ind media needs to understand), which is the last thing we want to happen. The game against WI should be used as a confidence building measure. That game is not about being out-played or put playing WI but about backing yourself to deliver that punch despite being on the back-foot. Once yo come out of that kind of situations, you build confidence to deliver under pressure. In short, Ind is still good enough to win if it irons out a few things :isalute: My 2 cents!
Good post ! For that to happen, the players should literally play out of their skins ... and yes, that would certainly get India the WC ! But frankly, the Indian players don't look THAT motivated....was reading reports of many players taking it easy and many even taking time to visit their families..... and optional practice on Tuesday... You can bash me all you like, but all this doesn't look like the behavior of a highly motivated team:nono:, especially after a loss ! I mean, you don't take a Holiday and go to visit your family in the middle of a WAR, do you ? If India does end up winning the WC it will be due to LUCK more than anything else and the mistakes of other Teams... only at this level, the top teams don't make many mistakes ! Just my 2 cents !

Don't think we need to worry that much. There are only 3 players we need to worry about - Gayle, Roach and Pollard. If I were to pick 1, it would be Gayle as I'm not convinced about Pollard's ability to handle spin. He can take on the medium pacers but not decent spinners. Plus we simply need to bat sensibly against Roach - rest of the bowlers should be easy picking as don't think Benn would trouble us much.

My answer is no because India would have learnt from their mistakes which they made in their last match and they will play in a much more sensible manner plus even if they lose i wont consider it an upset sir/mam its not as if we havent lost to them before but leaving all that aside im confident vl win:two_thumbs_up:

My answer would have been a YES if this game was important for qualifying. Given that we are already through to the QF barring some bizarre collapse by WI against ENG' date=' I really don't care.[/quote'] It's a pretty important game in the sense that the winner of this game will most probably get to play NZ in the quarters and the loser most probably play SL or Aus. Granted that NZ are no push-overs and anything could happen but which team would you want to face in a knockout? I would go all out if it gets me a game against NZ in the quarters.