The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk

mastana

The last group game: Ind vs WI pre-match talk  

1. 1.

• India will win
    • West Indies will win

India will win..Indian strategists should do well to watch the video of last WI Vs Eng match.. WI has some great hitters up their ranks and bowling should be good lenght or full to them They'll hit out the short balls. I've not seen much use of slower balls by Indian bowlers. Zak bowls them. But against WI hitters and on a pitch like Chennai' date=' mixing deliveries is the way forward..[/quote'] That's a good point. Bopara just bowled full and straight at medium pace and was getting inside edges because of the slow nature of the pitch.
That's a good point. Bopara just bowled full and straight at medium pace and was getting inside edges because of the slow nature of the pitch.
I'm just imagining Gayle taking on Zak & Munna.. :nervous: :pray: Clever change in pace or asking Ashwin to bowl him upfront should be the way forward. (Provided Ashwin gets selected. Else Raina should bowl to Gayle and try to unsettle him).
I'm just imagining Gayle taking on Zak & Munna.. :nervous: :pray: Clever change in pace or asking Ashwin to bowl him upfront should be the way forward. (Provided Ashwin gets selected. Else Raina should bowl to Gayle and try to unsettle him).
Ashwin has to get the game and after the first couple of overs from pacers, in case pacers go for runs or fail to take wkts, Ashwin should be brought in.
Gayle has never done that to India. He will fail on Sunday. Jao bol diya...
I do recall Gayle taking our bowling apart in the last series WI played in India - IIRC in 2003. And we all know what he did in T20 cup :(( The guy is extremely dangerous and India needs to take his wkt early else Gayle is capable of running away with the game single-handedly just like Sehwag
Here's a list of the top wicket takers in the World in the last 2 years: Link Most of the top 5-6 bowlers have played around 40-45 matches and have picked up 65-70 wickets. Nehra has the same figures, so how has he played more games :dontknow:
Awesome stats! Did you even look at Nehra's average and economy rate in those numbers? They are the worst combination of average and strike rate in the entire list. Even Munaf, who a lot of people on this forum love to hate has a much better average and economy rate. You can't just keep leaking runs at almost 6 an over when the rest of the world can keep it down to 5. There is something seriously wrong with Nehra's selection and persistence in the team. If Ishant Sharma was dropped for going for lots of runs, why not Nehra? Nehra doesn't even have age on his side. His fielding is atrocious and batting - well, let's not even talk about it. What has Nehra done to justify his place in the team? We give bowlers like Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar, Dinda, Mithun just a couple of games and drop them and then persist with idiots like Nehra. Why? Because he has experience?? Yes, he has experience in bowling long hops and full tosses that are hit for sixes even by tailenders!
I do recall Gayle taking our bowling apart in the last series WI played in India - IIRC in 2003. And we all know what he did in T20 cup :(( The guy is extremely dangerous and India needs to take his wkt early else Gayle is capable of running away with the game single-handedly just like Sehwag
He needs to be 'thought out'. Execution of proper plan. Within PP overs, if he hits the ball, very rarely it will be caught in the outfield. He has to miscue the shot which the fielder in the ring can run and catch the ball. The other possibility is to get him LBW or Stumping. Watch how Sanga keeps up front when Kulasekara bowls. Dhoni needs to come up when Munna bowls.. Bottom line: Time has come to plan and execute. No time for reactionary tactics..
Awesome stats! Did you even look at Nehra's average and economy rate in those numbers? They are the worst combination of average and strike rate in the entire list. Even Munaf, who a lot of people on this forum love to hate has a much better average and economy rate. You can't just keep leaking runs at almost 6 an over when the rest of the world can keep it down to 5. There is something seriously wrong with Nehra's selection and persistence in the team. If Ishant Sharma was dropped for going for lots of runs, why not Nehra? Nehra doesn't even have age on his side. His fielding is atrocious and batting - well, let's not even talk about it. What has Nehra done to justify his place in the team? We give bowlers like Umesh Yadav, Vinay Kumar, Dinda, Mithun just a couple of games and drop them and then persist with idiots like Nehra. Why? Because he has experience?? Yes, he has experience in bowling long hops and full tosses that are hit for sixes even by tailenders!
Ok, replace Nehra with Sreesanth in your post. Now tell me what has he done to deserve a place in the squad, let alone the team. He has gone for more runs than Nehra while at the same time picking up less wickets and then throwing up tantrums and irritating his captain. I don't have any problem with dropping Nehra BUT only if there is a good alternative. If that alternative is S. Sreesanth then I'd have Nehra over him any day, any place, any game. Sreesanth is not such a good bowler that he can continue to have that kind of an attitude. Insports you should have an attitude only and only if you have the performance to back it up - Sreesanth does'nt have the performance, in fact far from it, he's the most expensive bowler in the history of the game, so I'd have Nehra over him. You bring a better alternative than Sree and I have no problems in dropping Nehra.

i keep on hearing yusuf out raina in, yusuf has been poor etc... here is how i see things Bangladesh he was up the order and had to swing from ball one. England came near the end and near his normal place had to do nothing but swing from ball one. Ireland batted exact at the right time and played a very good knock. Netherlands up the order had to swing from ball one South Africa up the order had to swing from ball one. Against Ireland he batted where we expected him to do and performed so cant say he is underperforming when we are not using him correct. Also in terms of his bowling, we dont ever attack with him and the field is always spread so no wonder he would go 5+ easy singles and odd boundary from the bad balls. Remember his best innings have been when he has had time at crease, we have had a collapse and he has had time to settle. On his day if out batting collapses in world cup and he settles in, he can win a match for us, are we willing to drop him due to us due to the team not using him correct

India should pack the side with spinners. They can't defend spinners. They will go for slog and eventually perish.
Yup, this is what I felt seeing them bat against Eng. They either went for a boundary or defended against the spinners. They had no idea how to knock the ball around and milk the spinners. They will hit a few 6s but in the end they will throw their wkts away.

I really give thumbs up to you guys to discuss India's pace prospects so passionately despite knowing that how bleak a situation we have. I find it depressing even to discuss that who should partner Zaheer. Munaf, Sree Santh and Nehra. What three great choices we have..!!