Fav Indian cities

Mariyam

I've been to beaches in Mumbai' date=' Chennai, Puri, Trivandrum, Goa, Somnath etc and the only one I found to be remotely close to clean was the one in Trivandrum.[/quote'] The trick is to visit some of the hidden gems that are not overcrowded or the staple for tourists. India has some of the most spectacular and clean beaches, with my personal favourite being Radha Nagar in the Andamans. I've yet to visit a beach as untouched and as pristine as that one. You have many gorgeous beaches in the mainland too. As for Goa, it has its fair share of hidden spots if you know where to look.

I bet you have not seen even 5% beaches in India. We have a huge coast line and many of those beaches are clean. You don't even know what it is like to stand on a beach and see no other human for miles. I bet you have not even seen all the beaches in Mumbai alone.
The trick is to visit some of the hidden gems that are not overcrowded or the staple for tourists. India has some of the most spectacular and clean beaches, with my personal favourite being Radha Nagar in the Andamans. I've yet to visit a beach as untouched and as pristine as that one. You have many gorgeous beaches in the mainland too. As for Goa, it has its fair share of hidden spots if you know where to look.
I was talking about only those which I have seen myself. Most of the ones I saw turned out to be dirty. Of course in remote places where very few people visit you would have clean beaches but in India the beaches where lot of tourists go invariably end up being pretty dirty. The cleanest beach I've seen in my life has to be the Bondi beach in Sydney - despite being one of the most famous beaches in the entire world its maintained extremely well and is very clean.

The trick is to visit some of the hidden gems that are not overcrowded or the staple for tourists. India has some of the most spectacular and clean beaches, with my personal favourite being Radha Nagar in the Andamans. I've yet to visit a beach as untouched and as pristine as that one. You have many gorgeous beaches in the mainland too. As for Goa, it has its fair share of hidden spots if you know where to look.
Pinkfreud, I enjoy reading your posts. But here, I think you've missed the forest for the trees. S=G is trying to belittle our great city by saying that the beaches are crowded, alana falana etc. You've responded by citing your experiences at Goa, Ganpatipule, Tarkali, Rishikonda, Kalapaani and the others that you've mentioned. But these aren't beaches in cities. The right way to get back to him would be: :P Only in crowded city beaches is it fun to walk hand in hand with your loved one(s). Also, sometimes, you can just sit in your car and observe the sun setting on a crowded beach, with children playing cricket, hawkers trying to sell their wares, food stalls in action handing out bhuttas and pakoras, old couples walking, young couples doing more interesting things, the odd couple fighting, some people screaming into the phone, some people just sitting and watching the setting sun, some take their dogs for a walk, while some one else jogs listening to music on his i-pod. An entire kaleidescope of emotions right in front of you, while you try to reflect on something else. Where else can have such an experience, if not in a crowded city beach? S=G, its really unfortunate that you want to experience empty beaches and lots of greenery in a city. Thats asking for a lot. You can't have everything, can you? If you want to experience greenery that bad, I suggest shifting to Ramgarh, Chalisgoan, Sitapur, Luckeeserai, Itari, Bhid, Chennai or any of the other millions of villages in our country.

Guest Shivani
1. Durgapur(a big town,not a city) 2. Goa 3. Chennai 4. Kolkata 5. Bhuvaneshwar
:cheerleader: :yay::yay::yay: :dance::dance::dance:

If you want to experience greenery that bad, I suggest shifting to Ramgarh, Chalisgoan, Sitapur, Luckeeserai, Itari, Bhid, Chennai or any of the other millions of villages in our country.
My anger increases as i read this crazy poster's misrepresentation of my beloved place!

Guest Shivani
Ludhi write a few lines about Missisauga :yay: Before anyone moans ":offtopic:", Missisauga IS a Indian city(by population). It just happens to be in that goddamn frozen country which no one cares about. :hahaha:
:giggle:

My anger has subsided as i found that the prestigious,world famous Forbes magazine has come up with the real picture. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Chennai/article832499.ece "Three Indian cities — Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Chennai — have made it to U.S. magazine Forbes’ list of the world’s fastest growing cities of the next decade. " "Nor does our list include the massive, largely dysfunctional megacities — Mumbai, Mexico City, Dhaka, Bangladesh — that are among planet’s most populous today.”" I always knew Forbes was a great judge of city rankings and if one need reliable information on cities, they need to read this list.

Guest Shivani
My anger has subsided as i found that the prestigious,world famous Forbes magazine has come up with the real picture. http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Chennai/article832499.ece "Three Indian cities — Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Chennai — have made it to U.S. magazine Forbes’ list of the world’s fastest growing cities of the next decade. " "Nor does our list include the massive, largely dysfunctional megacities — Mumbai, Mexico City, Dhaka, Bangladesh — that are among planet’s most populous today.”" I always knew Forbes was a great judge of city rankings and if one need reliable information on cities, they need to read this list.
i wanna be on the cover of forbes magazine, smiling next oprah and the queen :aha:

i wanna be on the cover of forbes magazine' date=' smiling next oprah and the queen :aha:[/quote'] Oh every time I close my eyes I see my name in shining lights A different city every night oh I swear the world better prepare For when I’m a billionaire :aha: :aha:

Guest Shivani
Nandankanan - Zoological Park ' date=' konark n jagannath temples, marine drive, chilika lake, Puri beach etc etc :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Nandan Kanan is boring now.. even the animals are bored now :sleep: Puri is an hour and half (only an hour if am driving :cool: ) away from bbsr. Chilika is BEAUTY! Marine Drive is awesome.. Konark is a great place, nice to visit once or twice.. then it gets boring. There are other places also - Dhauli Stupa near River Daya where the Kalinga war was fought, Udaygiri & Khandagiri caves etc.. And lots of temples.. its called the temple city !