India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

Gambhir needs to steup his game and Bhajji needs to deliver his best performance ever against the Aussies or else no chance' date=' bowlers need to do their job, it's not west indies it's Aussies the world champions. All these yuvi talk is nonsense, I remember in 1999 world cup commercial when Jadeja said "tera kya hoga Australia" the end result Aussies mauled India.[/quote'] Not quite as 'useless' as the "don't forget to pack the Ashes" message on Big Ben. That is the definition of an epic fail. Didn't score on originality either.
Gambhir needs to steup his game and Bhajji needs to deliver his best performance ever against the Aussies or else no chance' date=' bowlers need to do their job, it's not west indies it's Aussies the world champions. All these yuvi talk is nonsense, I remember in 1999 world cup commercial when Jadeja said "tera kya hoga Australia" the end result Aussies mauled India.[/quote'] That was the team where the tail started at 6 and we had likes of Robin Singh and Mongia coming in at 6 and 7 followed by 4 bowlers. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is the same team. It's Aussies who have to figure out what happens if their plan A (pace attack) doesn't work coz they have no Plan B - nope I don't consider Krejza, Smith and White Plan B :hysterical:
That was the team where the tail started at 6 and we had likes of Robin Singh and Mongia coming in at 6 and 7 followed by 4 bowlers. Don't make the mistake of thinking this is the same team. It's Aussies who have to figure out what happens if their plan A (pace attack) doesn't work coz they have no Plan B - nope I don't consider Krejza' date=' Smith and White Plan B :hysterical:[/quote'] Spin attack is surely weak, no one is denying that, don't think I ever said Krejza and Smith are world class:finger: What I am trying to say is instead of Yuvi going and saying this that to the media like Jadeja, he should have waited after the Aussie game. After beating them he can say whatever he wants, he should leave the talking for the field. PS. - Robin Singh was a useful player, respect to the legend :hatsoff:
I will have no problem doing that once you start practising it yourself. But at the moment all you post is biased trash devoid of any logic. And it doesn't deserve anything sensible in reply. Is the burn really hurting?
I guess you will never learn. You seem to make it be on a mission Ashwin?? while I really do not care who performs as I will support them whoever is playing, this means even if it is Ashwin and Chawla.And not make some childish/nonsense comments like you lot about our players.
I guess you will never learn. You seem to make it be on a mission Ashwin?? while I really do not care who performs as I will support them whoever is playing, this means even if it is Ashwin and Chawla.And not make some childish/nonsense comments like you lot about our players.
Proof? You are allergic to facts and logic, aren't you? You were the one who was baised and talking out of your ass to support Chawla's inclusion and looked like an utter idiot who can't talk anything logically. I have always supported all Indian players as long as they perform, let it be Yuvi or Ashwin or Munaf or Kohli. Heck, I was even supporting Chawla when he was selected in the WC squad, saying that now he is in the squad for some reason or other, we should give him support and encouragement and give him a chance to perform. Now that he got enough chances and did not perform, I want the chances to given to others in the squad as well. Now that's objectivism for you, if you have heard that term. Good that Ashwin's performance has forced you to come out of your narrowmindedness and support the team. Hope you will continue it in the future as well and not bend like a dog's tail as soon as you get another opportunity.

I have feelings that Aussies will lose to India. This australian side is but a pathetic shadow of former sides. 4-5 in-form players are not enough to help their team win a match against a strong team. I will put all of my money on India. In-form: Mike Hussey Michael Clarke Brett Lee Haddin Watson Out of form: The rest Aussies, your time is up.

Put up runs on the board. Open with SRT and Viru...I am sure both our batters will know the plans that the Aussies will use. If viru opens, expect johnson and Lee to open...not Tait. Mitchell will try to get Sehwag slashin at a wide one to 3rd man. In regards to Tendu...both bowlers will try to get him LBW...that is why a left armer is a must when SRT is opening. I expect those plans from the Aussie...am sure both our openers will be ready for it. Tait will be saved for YKP and Raina I believe.

I'm getting a vibe that India will crush Aussies lol. I know it sounds bizzare. But whoever thinks Aussies are weak this time and all. I disagree. It's going to be a massive match but I feel India is a better team than Australia (only if it plays more than 100%) If India really plays upto it's potential, they will crush Aussies down for sure!

RE: Opening the bowling w/ Ashwin I hope folks seriously don't think that the move to open with Ashwin against WI worked! Not many teams would lose 5 wkts for 11 runs. The result of our spinners bowling first up was WI being 154/2, you would expect top sides to get to 260 odd from there .... It was that ball from Zak that opened the gates but as I said strong team w/ depth in batting wouldn't have lost that many wkts after that (smell the coffee, team Ind :P ) Our batting will have to take the responsibility of getting 20 extra runs to cover for the bowling. If YP and Raina are not clicking then there is little point in playing them for 15-20 runs. Get the 5th bowler instead The fact that Ind has do all this gimmicks highlights the fact that Ind is like a tall man w/ a short blanket (my attempt at Sidhuism). If he tries to cover his feet, his head gets exposed and if he tries to cover his head, his feet gets exposed We have to do all these gimmicks because in our mind, we can't play 3rd seamer like Sree, cannot drop the 7th batsman, nor do we have the ability to pick Ashwin over Bhajji in a 3+1 situation. The team don't have it in it to take bold decisions. If you play 3 seamers, you have the options to not only utilize the first 7-8 overs with the hard bowl but also have overs from seamers to bowl when the ball reverses and at the death. For me, the things are simple: - If the pitch has turn ----> play 2 spinners (2+2). Our part time spinners will also be effective. - If the pitch is flat ----> play 3 seamers + 1 spinner (Ashwin) + part-timers OR 3 seamers + 2 spinners (Ash+Bhajji)+Yuvi (Part time spin)

RE: Opening the bowling w/ Ashwin I hope folks seriously don't think that the move to open with Ashwin against WI worked! Not many teams would lose 5 wkts for 11 runs. The result of our spinners bowling first up was WI being 154/2, you would expect top sides to get to 260 odd from there .... It was that ball from Zak that opened the gates but as I said strong team w/ depth in batting wouldn't have lost that many wkts after that (smell the coffee, team Ind :P )
well, our own team full of batting maharathis lost 9/29 :giggle:
RE: Opening the bowling w/ Ashwin I hope folks seriously don't think that the move to open with Ashwin against WI worked! Not many teams would lose 5 wkts for 11 runs. The result of our spinners bowling first up was WI being 154/2, you would expect top sides to get to 260 odd from there .... It was that ball from Zak that opened the gates but as I said strong team w/ depth in batting wouldn't have lost that many wkts after that (smell the coffee, team Ind :P ) Our batting will have to take the responsibility of getting 20 extra runs to cover for the bowling. If YP and Raina are not clicking then there is little point in playing them for 15-20 runs. Get the 5th bowler instead The fact that Ind has do all this gimmicks highlights the fact that Ind is like a tall man w/ a short blanket (my attempt at Sidhuism). If he tries to cover his feet, his head gets exposed and if he tries to cover his head, his feet gets exposed We have to do all these gimmicks because in our mind, we can't play 3rd seamer like Sree, cannot drop the 7th batsman, nor do we have the ability to pick Ashwin over Bhajji in a 3+1 situation. The team don't have it in it to take bold decisions. If you play 3 seamers, you have the options to not only utilize the first 7-8 overs with the hard bowl but also have overs from seamers to bowl when the ball reverses and at the death. For me, the things are simple: - If the pitch has turn ----> play 2 spinners (2+2). Our part time spinners will also be effective. - If the pitch is flat ----> play 3 seamers + 1 spinner (Ashwin) + part-timers OR 3 seamers + 2 spinners (Ash+Bhajji)+Yuvi (Part time spin)
Aswhin bowled better in the PP than any our pacers in all of our WC matches,thats a fact.Its another matter that the rest of the bowlers were bowling utter tripe for most of the match.Haddin and twatson are not good players of spin and we all know ponting's prowess against good spin bowling.Its a sound tactic and will work if executed properly with disciplined bowling.
Speaking of Ohja... where is the lad gone? He was good... why was Chawla selected ahead of him?
to add variation in the bowing[off spin and leg spin] ,but as expected he blew it up .[Dhoni asked for it ] We all have seen enough of chawla in IPL matches and still Dhoni went with that guy .He simply sucks . He gives runs as if he is giving sweets on his birthday .