India vs Australia QF : Pre-match talk

I think we need Viru to come one down. Just to throw a spanner in Aussie plans. Both Viru and Sachin are explosive and invariably Viru gets out early. Once he is out early, he is virtually a passenger in the team as he doesn't bowls. I wish he comes one down and keep the pressure on the Aussies if we manage to get a decent start with Sachin and Gauti. The Left-Right combination in the opening also will help putting off Tate and Lee.. I don't want Viru to get out early makinf 15-30 runs. I really hate it when he gets out early. I know "that's the ***king way he plays" but I really get pissed off then he gets out according to the plan by the opposition teams.. I don't wish to give them this LUXURY.. I want a decent opening stand.

I think we need Viru to come one down. Just to throw a spanner in Aussie plans. Both Viru and Sachin are explosive and invariably Viru gets out early. Once he is out early, he is virtually a passenger in the team as he doesn't bowls. I wish he comes one down and keep the pressure on the Aussies if we manage to get a decent start with Sachin and Gauti. The Left-Right combination in the opening also will help putting off Tate and Lee.. I don't want Viru to get out early makinf 15-30 runs. I really hate it when he gets out early. I know "that's the ***king way he plays" but I really get pissed off then he gets out according to the plan by the opposition teams.. I don't wish to give them this LUXURY.. I want a decent opening stand.
If we lose an early wkt Sehwag won't be able to play his natural game. The beauty about Sehwag is that he will attack from ball 1 and knowing Tait, he could be a bit off initially and Sehwag will hit those deliveries to the boundary and not Gambhir. We have to put pressure on Aussies right from ball 1 and Viru is the best person to do that. Let him play his natural game coz if it works the match is as good as over.
Who needs Tait and Lee when you have Munaf Patel :cantstop:
Zaheer Khan > Shoaib Akhtar in WC 2011 Also Tait will be demolished around the ground..mark my words..he is a terrible bowler. His wide deliveries will be punished. Sehwag and Tendulkar are no chumps..you give them extra width and the ball will be in the stands the next second.
If we lose an early wkt Sehwag won't be able to play his natural game. The beauty about Sehwag is that he will attack from ball 1 and knowing Tait' date=' he could be a bit off initially and Sehwag will hit those deliveries to the boundary and not Gambhir. We have to put pressure on Aussies right from ball 1 and Viru is the best person to do that. Let him play his natural game coz if it works the match is as good as over.[/quote'] Sachin is doing the same thing and even better than Viru in this WC. We don't need both the explosive batsmen upfront. If Viru plays upfront then I wish Sachin comes 1 down. I want to maintain the pressure and Gauti holding one end.. Wishful thinking although. I was just trying to see if we outthink and outsmart Aussies. Pakistan did a great job to change certain things and not do the predictable things when they won against the Aussies. Our batting line up is pretty predictable.
Zaheer Khan > Shoaib Akhtar in WC 2011
Pls don't insult Zaheer by comparing him to that lazy bugger. IMO Zaheer along with Steyn, Roach and Gul have been the standout fast bowlers in the tournament. And considering Zaheer has played all his games on flatter tracks as compared to other bowlers (who played in SL or in some cases on a pitch which was low-scoring) his performance is all the more amazing.
Sachin is doing the same thing and even better than Viru in this WC. We don't need both the explosive batsmen upfront. If Viru plays upfront then I wish Sachin comes 1 down. I want to maintain the pressure and Gauti holding one end.. Wishful thinking although. I was just trying to see if we outthink and outsmart Aussies. Pakistan did a great job to change certain things and not do the predictable things when they won against the Aussies. Our batting line up is pretty predictable.
The best thing to do is to let Aussies handle Tendulkar and Sehwag. Those guys would be sh*t scared and planning to get Sehwag. I suspect they would be so antsy that they will give a few loose deliveries and Sehwag will make them pay. Lee will be accurate and will bowl as per plan but I see Sehwag taking a shine to Tait. In the tourney Tendulkar & Sehwag partnership has worked beautifully - would hate to change the one thing that has gone right for us so far.
Sachin is doing the same thing and even better than Viru in this WC. We don't need both the explosive batsmen upfront. If Viru plays upfront then I wish Sachin comes 1 down. I want to maintain the pressure and Gauti holding one end.. Wishful thinking although. I was just trying to see if we outthink and outsmart Aussies. Pakistan did a great job to change certain things and not do the predictable things when they won against the Aussies. Our batting line up is pretty predictable.
Yes, that is why I am worried. Our batting line up is indeed very predictable. Our batting line up should be 1) Virender Sehwag 2) Gautam Gambhir 3) Virat Kohli 4) Sachin Tendulkar 5) Yuvraj Singh 6) Dhoni 7) Yusuf Pathan 8) Bhajji 9) Ashwin 10) Zaheer 11) Munaf or Shreesanth If the first 3 click very well and are at 230+ with 15+ overs left then India should take batting powerplay. We need someone like Sachin in the powerplay to score as many runs as possible. The problem has been that by the time we take powerplay, the top and even middle order batsmen get really tired and start hitting brainless shots. We have to avoid that in quarter finals against Australia.

The Aussies batting strategy includes getting settled in by playing very cautiously...If Ashwin can manage to grab someone at the end of the first powerplay, it could do real damage for Australia if this strategy is employed at Motera. That carrom ball is key...