Battle royale in Kruger

Gambit

Great video Gambit. On an aside note what happens when people watch nature videos? Specially those of hunter/prey? I mean do you feel sorry for the prey, at times wishing the camera person would rather save the animal about to be killed? Or does it not matter? xxx

Really hate seeing kills, yet can't turn the telly off. There's a morbid fascination about seing a creature die. Remember my worst ever such on National Geographic Wild, when I watched a leopard kill a baboon mum, nursing an infant. It was terrible. However, the leopard then took the little baboon and played with it. When it had had enough, it went to sleep in the tree besides the baby, where it eventually died of cold. I didn't know the outcome until I read it in the magazine a few days later.

Video clearly demonstrates that sand/gai/bail etc are sensitive creatures. Think how much they suffer in animal farms and then they get brutally killed to satisfy and feed your fat ass :thumbs_down: Can't blame sher family as they don't know better but what is your excuse? Have some compassion before you stuff that bloody and fatty meat in your mouth! :tounge_smile: :elefant: Hathi walla says go veg! :teeth_smile:

Remember my worst ever such on National Geographic Wild, when I watched a leopard kill a baboon mum, nursing an infant. It was terrible. However, the leopard then took the little baboon and played with it. When it had had enough, it went to sleep in the tree besides the baby, where it eventually died of cold. I didn't know the outcome until I read it in the magazine a few days later.
Oh damn! That would have been terrible to watch Dhondy. :embaressed_smile:

Really hate seeing kills, yet can't turn the telly off. There's a morbid fascination about seing a creature die. Remember my worst ever such on National Geographic Wild, when I watched a leopard kill a baboon mum, nursing an infant. It was terrible. However, the leopard then took the little baboon and played with it. When it had had enough, it went to sleep in the tree besides the baby, where it eventually died of cold. I didn't know the outcome until I read it in the magazine a few days later.
That was a very touchy and a moving video Dhondy. I watched that on Nat Geo too. The Leopard let the baby baboon sleep under its claw :whatchutalkingabout BTW the Baboons were good enough to give the same Leopard hard time when it was young. The domination of the Leopard on the squirrels in the tree when the Leopard grew up was great too. When young the Leopard didn't have the reflexes and skills to kill a squirrel but when it grew up no squirrel was to be seen in the entire tree.

Not to spoil the 'feel-good' factor but I have to wonder how long the calf lived after its ordeal. Its traumatic enough mentally to go through all that, nevermind the fact that it must be seriously cut open,bruised and suffering from infected wounds after being the tug-o-war rope between a croc and lions ! Plus the lions must've gotten off several deep bites on the calf. My money says the calf died before the day was over from blood loss/shock/infection.

I have to say it was mean for a pack of lions to go for a calf. They weren't gutsy enough to take on the big bull. I don't despise the lions. Of course they have to eat but after this video I don't reckon the Lions are the "Kings" anymore in my opinion. Tigers rule, they hunt alone and they are far more aggressive than these Lions.

In all honesty Ravi, this was a very small pack and that too, apart from one adult female, the rest of the lions were still too young to hunt on their own. If this was a regular sized lion pack with 3-4 females and their younglings, the buffaloes wouldn't have come back for the calf. Tigers are better/cleverer hunters than lions (though mind you, a lioness is equal hunter of a tiger, just that male lions are rather crappy hunters) but a male lion does dominate a tiger in a 1v1 fight. Simply because lion's neck is far thicker/stronger than the tiger's and thus the tiger cannot bite off the lion's neck nearly as easily as a lion can for a tiger's. Secondly, male lions are much more adept at fighting because they are geared towards protecting territorry far better than tigers. But in reality, if you want to declare the king of the jungle based on 1v1 fights, the winner will either be an Elephant/Grizzly bear/black mamba. My bet is on the elephant because i think an elephant when pissed off enough can kill anything on land.

Elephants amaze me, that is the only biggest living animal on the face of the earth. I quite like the Tiger, they have fantastic claws, very aggressive, great jaws and are solitary hunters. There's something about tiger that isn't in Lions.

My bet is on African bull elephant. Even 550 pound african lion is scared of bull elephant. African elephants are bigger , stronger and much more agressive than Asian elephants. In fact , they cannot be easily domesticated like Asian elephants. In fact , most of the elephants in the zoos all over the world will have asian elephant but not african elephant. As regards to lions and tigers , I have watched numerous videos and bengal or Siberian tigers will win most of the time against African lion. African lion may have a thicker neck , but bengal tiger is bigger and more muscular than African lion and can weigh as much as 600 pounds. Also, tigers bite the neck of prey animals not big cats.For interspecies conflict , it will use it's superior strength and it's fist power. But , African lion can easily defeat Javan or Sumatran tiger which are smaller than them and weigh about 400 pounds. Siberian tiger or Amur tiger is bigger than bengal tiger can weigh as much as 800 pounds , but it has more fat than royal bengal tiger because of the cold weather. Asiatic lions in Gir forest are smaller than African lions and do not stand a chance against Indian Tiger. My bet is also on Grizzly or Polar bear to take on tigers. Polar bears are known to kill 2000 pound walrus. http://youtube.com/watch?v=oZ-jRoFuxHY&mode=related&search= watch?v=oZ-jRoFuxHY&mode=related&search=http://youtube.com/watch?v=Qx00Ne-M9M4&mode=related&search= watch?v=Qx00Ne-M9M4&mode=related&search=