Jaffer

u mean, a match where everyone's mama scored a hundred?? Das was good material, but didnt have the mental strength.... he went the manjrekar way, getting too much into his own technique.... Dasgupta.... bwahahaah..... have him in ur team...cos no one else wants him....
Karthik hasn't done anything more than either of these three mugs did at the same stage of their careers. What was that you were saying about conditions and opposition ? Karthik scores a few fifties against Banglastan and suddenly he is test quality ? ...and you obviously didn't watch the Headingley test, as on day 1 the ball was flying around everywhere and almost every 15 mins the commentators would talk about how Ganguly's decision to bat would bite him in the @ss.

I think you should wait before you can write Karthik off as an opener Predator. From what I've seen so far he has done well. Be it South Africa or Bangladesh he has shown enough skills to bat at any number. He reminds me of Younis Khan, not great technique but good zeal and grit. I trust Karthik to be more successful than Jaffer for sure.

Don't blame me for being so skeptical - I've seen it all before.
and i have only seen twice more.... and i am optimistic...
Karthik scores a few fifties against Banglastan and suddenly he is test quality ?
in south african wickets, where even Sachin at his peak used to struggle, Karthik was brilliant.... and under high pressure, has sealed a 20-20, and a odi.... his back to the wall fight against a high pressure opponent like paki for a 90 odd in the mohali test was real grit....

The problem is that since Karthik is already sterotyped in our mind as a wicketkeeper , we find it hard to reconcile to the fact he could be a good bat too. Whether he does well or not , i wonder fr how long they can continue with playing two wicketkeeprs in the same team. There WILL be an occasion soon were they might want to play an extra bowler or batsman. What do they do then ? Drop Karthik , Or Dhoni ?? hmm...

Jaffer really needs to start being more consistent. The fact that he goes on to make big scores when he is in is excellent but when he fails its generally in single digits or thereabouts. If he can push up half of these single digit failures to 20s and 30s then he would be doing a superb job. The weather conditions aren't going to be as oppressive in England as they were in Bangladesh and in such circumstances we should be looking to drop Dhoni to play Laxman.

Jaffer really needs to start being more consistent. The fact that he goes on to make big scores when he is in is excellent but when he fails its generally in single digits or thereabouts. If he can push up half of these single digit failures to 20s and 30s then he would be doing a superb job. The weather conditions aren't going to be as oppressive in England as they were in Bangladesh and in such circumstances we should be looking to drop Dhoni to play Laxman.
tht was wat akash chopra was.... consistent 20s, consuming 20 overs.... which we all got tired after a while.....